• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0uBIPvG.gif

The most hilarious part is that this would probably never be answered EVEN IF the DCU keep the storyline they changed in justice league

wat am I looking at

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's a stupid and useless scene that should never have been done.

This happens when the writers and directors see the movie in cool scenes rather than an entire framework of narrative.

I'm not even sure what the thinking was, here, between this scene and the dream sequence. Especially in a movie that ends where Superman dies anyway, and Batman does an about face and retroactively becomes his long lost best friend. Like Flash is warning you that you were right about him, fear him, Lois is the key, and within the same movie all of that is thrown away, and in the next movie it's like "man, we gotta bring him back."

But if you think about it, this is so comic-book-like: dangling plotlines never to be resolved because another writer takes over and goes in a completely different direction.

If you want to see a Superman go bad because of Lois, and Batman having to defend the Earth against him, and Flash decked out in useless gear because it looks cool to someone, then just go play Injustice 2 or read the (surprisingly good) comics.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

The weird evil superman dream sequence from batman vs superman ends with flash coming out of a timehole and warning him tht supes was going bad

Bruce! Listen to me now! It's Lois! Lois Lane! She's the key! Am I too soon? I'm too soon! You were right about him! You've always been right about him! Fear him! Find us, Bruce! You have to find us!

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everything that came before except shazzam, Wonder Woman and maybe Aqua man will be Incredible Hulked. Actors will change and those poor bastards will be forgotten. Just like in MCU.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can KINDA SORTA MAYBE A LITTLE excuse WB for not throwing Snyder's dumb ass out the door after MoS. Yeah, the movie was divisive as hell and grossed nowhere near what they expected, but it did decently, Snyder was still game for more, and really, no one else was lining up to do it instead of him (Snyder only got MoS because every other pick WB wanted turned it down).

Keeping Snyder on after BvS, however, there is NO EXCUSE. They tripled down on him...
You really dislike Zack Snyder huh

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like the DCEU was a poorly planned rush job meant to capitalize on the success Avengers 1 had

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Needs a reboot to be honest.

You would think WB would do something to make DCEU look strong when the MCU exists.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I can KINDA SORTA MAYBE A LITTLE excuse WB for not throwing Snyder's dumb ass out the door after MoS. Yeah, the movie was divisive as hell and grossed nowhere near what they expected, but it did decently, Snyder was still game for more, and really, no one else was lining up to do it instead of him (Snyder only got MoS because every other pick WB wanted turned it down).

Keeping Snyder on after BvS, however, there is NO EXCUSE. They tripled down on him...

He was already shooting Justice League when BvS hit theaters. They tripled down on him before anyone knew how bad BvS would turn out, although yes, MoS should have been a gigantic red flag. Internally many at WB think Snyder's stuff is unfairly maligned and legitimately the best superhero movies ever made. So that should tell you a bit about why the DCEU has been and continues to be such a trainwreck. No one is driving who has any idea of what the whole thing should be.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He was already shooting Justice League when BvS hit theaters. They tripled down on him before anyone knew how bad BvS would turn out, although yes, MoS should have been a gigantic red flag. Internally many at WB think Snyder's stuff is unfairly maligned and legitimately the best superhero movies ever made. So that should tell you a bit about why the DCEU has been and continues to be such a trainwreck. No one is driving who has any idea of what the whole thing should be.

Yeah, I still remember the rumor that WB execs gave BvS a standing ovation when it was screened for them.

There's clueless, and then there's WB...

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I choose to interpret that gif as a portal to the snyderverse opening up and sucking the real world Ben Afleck away.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't think it's a big deal really. They can just reset everything. Hell it seems most of the movie going public doesn't even give a shit. Like is anyone really clamoring for Aquaman canon? Does anyone even remember the Flash or what homeboy's name from Wonder Woman was? Isn't it better that Suicide Squad and that awful Joker just goes away? Marvel movie quality these shows were not.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it fucking sucks the continuity is dead? Stuck ? Idk anymore :(

Best thing to do is a flash time travel movie where everything gets rebooted