• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Hate is a strong word. It's acceptance of what happened happened and will happen again and no lessons will be learned.

Leadership comes and goes. Yet we'll keep backsliding into Superman 4 Quest for Peace and Batman & Robin.

And yes, there's a difference between having producer oversight, as is the case with Feige at Marvel and Kennedy at Lucasfilm, and having the business end make creative decisions. When you have a two hour mandate because the thinking is you can fit in more screenings per day, I dunno what to tell you.

hbomberguy livetweeting his first watch now

It's great.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So, do we hate WB again?

I blame no one but Warner.

I was never on the Snyder Cut bandwagon and once they gave it, it only made fans realize they could demand something and eventually, maybe get it.

I was happy with burying Justice League and moving on.

Folks want a cut of a movie that was disliked nearly 5 years ago.

And don't look at the fact that The Suicide Squad is done, The Batman has finished filming, The Flash has just begun, Black Adam and Shazam aren't too far behind.

They've lined up an Aquaman and Wonder Woman sequel. We're moving on full steam ahead.

Oct 25, 2017

I was never on the Snyder Cut bandwagon and once they gave it, it only made fans realize they could demand something and eventually, maybe get it.

And don't look at the fact that The Suicide Squad is done, The Batman has finished filming, The Flash has just begun, Black Adam and Shazam aren't too far behind.

They've lined up an Aquaman and Wonder Woman sequel. We're moving on full steam ahead.

I legit feel you on on this. While I"m happy for Snyder and he truly deserves this. I'm with you. WB just gave the greenlight for this behavior to continue. But WB is profiting off of this no doubt. The marketing fort his movie couldn't have gone better. Everyone was and is pushing people to watch this. It help the RT score surprised a lot of people.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Two things: It's rad seeing nearly everyone happy with JL or indifferent. It's wild. Been seeing people who never talk about movies, much less comic movies, coming out to say they watched this four hour beast and enjoyed it. Saw a number of people who weren't into it, like Kermode's review, and that's cool. But the only ones hating it in a obsessive way are the worst people, which is cool in its own petty way. It's a win for everyone.

That brings me to the second point. It feels like everyone involved with JL scored a win. A revaluation, reappraisal, endearment for the character, etc. People showing love for Affleck's Batman and Cavill's Superman. etc. All except Leto's Joker lol. To be fair I've seen some up on him. Some sold on this new interpretation. Some who were sold since Suicide Squad. Personally, not a fan of either.

During the Leslie Jones commentary, she straight up said it should've been Joaquin there.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Hate is a strong word. It's acceptance of what happened happened and will happen again and no lessons will be learned.

Leadership comes and goes. Yet we'll keep backsliding into Superman 4 Quest for Peace and Batman & Robin.

And yes, there's a difference between having producer oversight, as is the case with Feige at Marvel and Kennedy at Lucasfilm, and having the business end make creative decisions. When you have a two hour mandate because the thinking is you can fit in more screenings per day, I dunno what to tell you.

It's great.
? They do both...

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And Gal has said she won't do a sequel without Patty. Plus, she's pregnant.
If Patty does Star Wars next, WW3 isn't seeing a set until sometime in early 2024. If they take their sweet ass time in post production again for whatever reason, you're looking at WW3 in like late 2025 or 2026. I just don't see Warner Bros waiting upwards of 5 years.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
It's more about the timeline and how WB is planning to expand the multiverse. What we know so far, they're going for solo/origin movies. Only TSS is a team up movie but they're not exactly superheroes.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
If Patty does Star Wars next, WW3 isn't seeing a set until sometime in early 2024. If they take their sweet ass time in post production again for whatever reason, you're looking at WW3 in like late 2025 or 2026. I just don't see Warner Bros waiting upwards of 5 years.

They already signed.
variety.com

‘Wonder Woman 3’ in the Works With Director Patty Jenkins

Diana Prince is officially heading back to the big screen for a third "Wonder Woman" movie.

And like, I said, they touted viewer numbers because they had them:
"'Wonder Woman 1984' broke records and exceeded our expectations across all of our key viewing and subscriber metrics in its first 24 hours on the service, and the interest and momentum we're seeing indicates this will likely continue well beyond the weekend," said Andy Forssell, head of WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer business. "During these very difficult times, it was nice to give families the option of enjoying this uplifting film at home, where theater viewing wasn't an option."

It wasn't good, but enough people watched it to make it worthwhile. If they were walking away, they could've done that then. They're not recasting WW. They'll just knuckle down on the script.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

Not really. It's a different situation when the then CEO Tsujihara was making creative decisions.

Whatever the other drama is with Hamada, he's a producer experienced in helping facilitate the creative process while keeping it practical with the talent. Which is a resume ass sentence, yeah.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They already signed.
variety.com

‘Wonder Woman 3’ in the Works With Director Patty Jenkins

Diana Prince is officially heading back to the big screen for a third "Wonder Woman" movie.

And like, I said, they touted viewer numbers because they had them:

It wasn't good, but enough people watched it to make it worthwhile. If they were walking away, they could've done that then. They're not recasting WW. They'll just knuckle down on the script.
Lots of people sign on to stuff that never happens. It probably happens as announced, but it wouldn't shock me if it didn't.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see Patty wanting to end her planned WW trilogy early, and on a divisive/negative note.

It may take a few years, but they'll get to it.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
It might be in WW3's favor to wait a while longer anyway. And I agree, I don't think Patty would want to end her work on WW with a dud.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

It's why I don't feel bad for WB. They chose to try to ride the tiger, and now the tiger is going to eat them. If they had simply moved on, refused to do the Snyder Cut and instead let MacQuarrie and Cavill soft reboot Superman while Reeves rebooted Pattinson than they wouldn't be in their current situation. But they didn't so now we get to enjoy toxic discourse surrounding DC movies forever. Least I've got my Superman TV show to fall back on.

Is Ray just a hashtag campaigner now? Also apparently his NDA is up, time to stop playing coy Ray. He was shit talking the investigator and saying she sucks so now is the time for him to say in specific detail what everyone did. Otherwise he needs to move on, it's over bro, the Snyderverse is dead.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
How do you frame Warners passing on McQuarrie doing Superman as a consequence to JL releasing... they passed on it years ago. Well before any of the JL stuff was in motion.

And frankly, Ray can talk about his experiences publicly when he's ready to. He's trying to resolve it in the system. Whether you believe him or side with the giant corporation is your prerogative.

All that said, as much as I'm against siding with the house, there really is no reason to release the Ayer cut. On principle? Sure. But there is a new movie coming in a minute. HBO Max doesn't need it. Very different circumstances all around. I would take a 4K UHD remaster of Purple Lamborghini, tho.

Anyway, what's the policy on spoilers re: JL? I'll tag it until we decide how it goes.

Some clarification on the original ending,
the original Affleck in the lake house scene filmed back in 2016 or so couldn't be used. They had him covered in green lights, for obvious reasons.

The Green Lantern part of that scene was filmed in 2020 with an actor as John Stewart. Who that actor is is to be seen. People assuming it's Omari Hardwick based solely on him being in Snyder's Army of the Dead.

When GL couldn't be used, both parts were reshot for the MM scene. Supposedly the dialog was mostly the same, aside from the obvious stuff.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
How do you frame Warners passing on McQuarrie doing Superman as a consequence to JL releasing... they passed on it years ago. Well before any of the JL stuff was in motion.
I didn't? They should've approved their pitch instead of declining and ultimately letting Snyder make his Cut if they wanted to move on. Affleck moving on is lessened by Battison coming out. By dragging things out with Cavill and then releasing a movie that was positively received that featured Cavill, all WB has done is ensure the Snyder fanbase will dig in their heels and demand more, which is what they're doing.
And frankly, Ray can talk about his experiences publicly when he's ready to. He's trying to resolve it in the system. Whether you believe him or side with the giant corporation is your prerogative.
Uh no he's not lol. He wanted a non-biased third part investigator which he got. Investigation is over, yet he's now accusing the investigator of covering stuff up despite earlier saying he was happy with the job she was doing. It comes across as being petty with the outcome. His career at WB is over, no reason to hold back especially since he claims to not be under NDA anymore. For the record if Ray brings WB to its knees I wouldn't shed a single tear. Like you said it's a megacorp. But I want to move on and have a clean break and we can't have that if we're constantly going to be rehashing this argument. So let him name names and give details and if WB can't repudiate him, then they deserve whatever happens to them. That's the only way he'll get Emmerich, Hamada, Berg, and Johns fired anyway, WB has been firm otherwise in saying they're done investigating Ray's accusations.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't? They should've approved their pitch instead of declining and ultimately letting Snyder make his Cut if they wanted to move on. Affleck moving on is lessened by Battison coming out. By dragging things out with Cavill and then releasing a movie that was positively received that featured Cavill, all WB has done is ensure the Snyder fanbase will dig in their heels and demand more, which is what they're doing.

Uh no he's not lol. He wanted a non-biased third part investigator which he got. Investigation is over, yet he's now accusing the investigator of covering stuff up despite earlier saying he was happy with the job she was doing. It comes across as being petty with the outcome. His career at WB is over, no reason to hold back especially since he claims to not be under NDA anymore. For the record if Ray brings WB to its knees I wouldn't shed a single tear. Like you said it's a megacorp. But I want to move on and have a clean break and we can't have that if we're constantly going to be rehashing this argument. So let him name names and give details and if WB can't repudiate him, then they deserve whatever happens to them. That's the only way he'll get Emmerich, Hamada, Berg, and Johns fired anyway, WB has been firm otherwise in saying they're done investigating Ray's accusations.

So you believe that WB is telling the truth and not trying to cover their fucking asses. Are you kidding me? After everything we know about how shitty WB is why would you believe that the so called investigator is even telling the truth? WB execs arguing that they dont want an angry black man at the center of their movie is a very believable thing that shitty WB execs will do.

You think what that WB will throw Johns their golden boy under the bus? Rick Famuyiwa left too and after rumours of what his Flash movie as gonna be about. Johns most certainly had a hand in that shit and you're saying what?

Jesus this fucking place.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So you believe that WB is telling the truth and not trying to cover their fucking asses. Are you kidding me?
How did you get that...

From this?

His career at WB is over, no reason to hold back especially since he claims to not be under NDA anymore. For the record if Ray brings WB to its knees I wouldn't shed a single tear. Like you said it's a megacorp. But I want to move on and have a clean break and we can't have that if we're constantly going to be rehashing this argument. So let him name names and give details and if WB can't repudiate him, then they deserve whatever happens to them. That's the only way he'll get Emmerich, Hamada, Berg, and Johns fired anyway, WB has been firm otherwise in saying they're done investigating Ray's accusations.

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did you get that...

From this?

I read this that you cropped out. " Uh no he's not lol. He wanted a non-biased third part investigator which he got. Investigation is over, yet he's now accusing the investigator of covering stuff up despite earlier saying he was happy with the job she was doing. It comes across as being petty with the outcome " Set a tone where Ray was making stuff up because the freaking WB investigator said there was no bases to his claims.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I read this that you cropped out. " Uh no he's not lol. He wanted a non-biased third part investigator which he got. Investigation is over, yet he's now accusing the investigator of covering stuff up despite earlier saying he was happy with the job she was doing. It comes across as being petty with the outcome " Set a tone where Ray was making stuff up because the freaking WB investigator said there was no bases to his claims.
"Set a tone"?

So no actual accusations in there, eh? You threw some pretty damning shit at another poster. Back it up.

EDIT: Look, I'm pretty lenient. Maybe it's the old mod in me talking, but if you got some shit to say about a poster directly, you better come correct, 100%.

Vordon said, "Hey, now's the time for it all to come out and let the cards lie." And you took that as some random ass shit because something. I get y'all waste your time engaging with the OT and that gets you in your feelings, but in here, in the community, maybe be fucking better about it.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Take that last tweet there.

Vordon wants the "more soon". That part. Which isn't really all that out there. Ray can drop those bombs on his time schedule, and Vordon can say "tell us, man".

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Antagonizing Fellow Member over a Series of Posts; Prior Bans for Hostility
"Set a tone"?

So no actual accusations in there, eh? You threw some pretty damning shit at another poster. Back it up.

EDIT: Look, I'm pretty lenient. Maybe it's the old mod in me talking, but if you got some shit to say about a poster directly, you better come correct, 100%.

Vordon said, "Hey, now's the time for it all to come out and let the cards lie." And you took that as some random ass shit because something. I get y'all waste your time engaging with the OT and that gets you in your feelings, but in here, in the community, maybe be fucking better about it.

Nah. I said what I said. Sounded to me like the type of shit I see in the OT all the time and it definitely looked like accusations to me.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I like Ray and want justice for him, but the other thing is... Berg is gone, Johns is pretty much sidelined, I forget Emmerich's actual role.

I can see Warner offering a public apology, but not sure what else can come from all of this?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So you believe that WB is telling the truth and not trying to cover their fucking asses. Are you kidding me? After everything we know about how shitty WB is why would you believe that the so called investigator is even telling the truth? WB execs arguing that they dont want an angry black man at the center of their movie is a very believable thing that shitty WB execs will do.

You think what that WB will throw Johns their golden boy under the bus? Rick Famuyiwa left too and after rumours of what his Flash movie as gonna be about. Johns most certainly had a hand in that shit and you're saying what?

Jesus this fucking place.
I'm saying that if Ray doesn't believe the investigator did a good job, then the only option left to him is the nuclear one. He pushed for an independent unbiased third party investigator, and WB gave him one that came highly recommended. And he was pretty happy earlier. But now the investigation is over. Whatever they found wasn't enough to convict Emmerich, Hamada, Johns, and Berg and get them fired. So if Ray wants them fired, he needs to just outline everything that happened in specific detail because that's the only way he will get what he wants. WB will not be removing those people otherwise, they've been steadfast that it's over. If Ray says X did Y at Z time and WB can't refute it? Well then maybe some of those execs will get fired.

But the vague tweets aren't going to get anything done. There's no NDA holding him back, and Hamada sure as shit Isn't giving him more work. He's got nothing to lose, so burn WB to the ground if he's able to.

Edit: I'm not someone from the OT who has claimed Snyder's a fascist who eats children even if I've hated what his plans for the characters are. I don't give a flying fuck what happens to some suits at WB. I just want to be able to look forward to DC movies and I won't be able to do that as long as this keeps popping up unresolved. Let's have a goddamn ending to this.
I have yet to see anyone explain to me what Ray would gain if he lied about all this.
I don't think he's lying. That Whedon seems to have gotten the boot is proof there's solid evidence towards his claims. He also appears to have been right about Whedon fucking him over. But unless he's willing to just take Whedon being out of Hollywood for good as a win and move on, then it's time to out everyone.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

On the first part, I'm going by the wording. Just saying, McQuarrie conversations happened in 2018. JL conversations happened in the tail end of 2019/early 2020. Most of all, they aren't mutually exclusive. And tbf I'm reading into the wording too much and I apologize if I'm overthinking it as I tend to.

On the second part, he did attempt to resolve it internally. The fact is that Warners has been trying to derail investigations and cause issues since day one. The fact that they announced a frosty the snowman movie to distract from the accusations, sent to trades as an official story, only to be debunked later by Momoa coming out in support of Ray. The fact that actions were taken against Joss. The fact that you had a writer on Krypton and Superman & Lois express similar issues in dealing with Johns. Hell, he's come out and said to sue him if they wanted to. Does he have a future at Warners? Probably not. Does he want to? Sure. He's said it can all be fixed.

re: Hamada. I don't know if he wants him fired or is implicating him in what happened on set. What he's asking for from Hamada is an apology. The issue at hand is Hamada was an outsider and could've resolved things amicably. Instead he continued the cycle of covering up and enabling others.

I think Ray's goals are incredibly admirable, if naive. Even when he's not talking comic movie bullshit, it's easy to get a sense of his character. And if I'm honest, I don't know how well that can work within the Hollywood system. Especially jumping from the theater world to Hollywood like that, it's easy to be blindsided by how rotten the business side of things are. Hell, look at how John Boyega was worried about losing his career for going to a BLM rally. Or moreover, how people jumped on him for saying he was dissatisfied with how Finn was written in the Star Wars sequels. And he was in a much better place than Ray is. It's easier to survive in Hollywood by keeping your head down. Yeah, it's admirable that he's attempting to mend a broken system. I hope for the best, but I'm not expecting much.

Well, there is one thing I am curious about and don't know if it was elaborated on. Zack Snyder offered Ray a part in Army of the Dead. Now, this is a whole thing and not unlike what happened to Cavill and Joe Mango. It's likely he was on hold for The Flash, I dunno what it is at this point, twelve directors ago? Filming for both projects were overlapping. That's my guess.

edit: I should also add where I'm coming from. And it's: I don't even know what the restore the snyderverse thing is about. I'm not in touch with all that. I got the closure I wanted from JL. I'm good.

If I had to interpret it, it's making JL canonical and bringing back some actors. Actor part is tricky, but making JL canon? Why not. I imagine Flash is gonna rewrite things anyway. So it's like, you can pretend Aquaman, Birds of Prey, Shazam, and half of The Flash is set after director's cut JL instead of the theatrical cut? I don't know. You can do that right now. This is all messy enough that either version of the movie fits.

Last edited:

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm dumb and can't find the link again. There was a video interviewing two of the VFX fellas and talking a little. Outside of general interest in the craft, something they shared about the history lesson (do we need spoilers?)

Originally Darkseid killing the ancient Green Lantern was the same performance capture as Steppenwolf in theatrical. Knowing this was gonna be R, they worked in Darkseid slicing off his hand, along with the touch of trying to grab the ring.

Everything with Harry Lennix was filmed in Zack's driveway. I think the scene with Affleck at the lake house and cut John Stewart, too. Only the little Knightmare moment was "official."

This is just my opinion, I think it would've been a stronger movie if everything shot in 2020 was taken out. I get the intention behind it. Essentially treating it like we were back in 2017 or something, this is what it would've been. If you look at the storyboards, the stuff filmed in 2020 is there. But as a standalone, you stop at the shirt rip and it's great.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is just my opinion, I think it would've been a stronger movie if everything shot in 2020 was taken out. I get the intention behind it. Essentially treating it like we were back in 2017 or something, this is what it would've been. If you look at the storyboards, the stuff filmed in 2020 is there. But as a standalone, you stop at the shirt rip and it's great.
Agreed. I get why its there from Zack's perspective, but the new scenes aren't needed at all.

Guffers

Nov 1, 2017
Agreed. I get why its there from Zack's perspective, but the new scenes aren't needed at all.

I love the new scenes, but also get where you're coming from. Zack absolutely loaded the gun adding those scenes (particularly the Knightmare scene) and it seems we now won't get a payoff. It's disappointing but a year ago I assumed we'd never see the film at all. I'll take what we've got.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I see that other stuff as mid/post-credits scenes that just play before the credits instead to save you waiting around.

But yeah, it could have ended before. But I like the extra stuff anyway.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love the new scenes, but also get where you're coming from. Zack absolutely loaded the gun adding those scenes (particularly the Knightmare scene) and it seems we now won't get a payoff. It's disappointing but a year ago I assumed we'd never see the film at all. I'll take what we've got.
Don't get me wrong, I like the scenes, I just don't see the purpose given the current context. Release them as extras instead of actually having them in the film itself.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
I'm dumb and can't find the link again. There was a video interviewing two of the VFX fellas and talking a little. Outside of general interest in the craft, something they shared about the history lesson (do we need spoilers?)

Originally Darkseid killing the ancient Green Lantern was the same performance capture as Steppenwolf in theatrical. Knowing this was gonna be R, they worked in Darkseid slicing off his hand, along with the touch of trying to grab the ring.

Everything with Harry Lennix was filmed in Zack's driveway. I think the scene with Affleck at the lake house and cut John Stewart, too. Only the little Knightmare moment was "official."

IGN

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. It's a different situation when the then CEO Tsujihara was making creative decisions.

Whatever the other drama is with Hamada, he's a producer experienced in helping facilitate the creative process while keeping it practical with the talent. Which is a resume ass sentence, yeah.
Didn't Lord and Miller leave months into the production of Solo because Kennedy didn't agree on the direction of the film? Wasn't massive reshoots ordered for Rogue One which didn't involve the original director. Didn't Edgar Wright, Patty Jenkins, Whedon(ugh!), Ava Duvernay, and other turn down Marvel because they couldn't come to an agreement on creative decisions. The only reason Tsujihara was making the "creative decisions" was because their was no separate DC Films division.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
What are your thoughts on the New Gods movie from Ava ?
It was announced two years ago, and there's still no new as to when it could be concrete. Wasn't he announced before Eternals btw?

WB has a lot of things to deal with currently, lots of project to shoot, to edit, to post prod. But my thought is that this movie has high chances of never being made. Especially now that Darkseid exists in the DCEU ; are they gonna tell the story of this Darkseid ? In the past ? In the present ? His quest for the Anti-Life Equation is already resolved now, he knows where it is.

Plus, I haven't seen much films from Ava, but I couldn't watch A Wrinkle in time for more than 30minutes. So i'm not really sold on the director's choice.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
It's neat how Tom King is working on the script. Who knows at this point. Couple years ago they were really trying to make it happen. Now it sounds stalled and occasionally Ava or King with make mention of it.

Thanks. It's a fun video.

Didn't Lord and Miller leave months into the production of Solo because Kennedy didn't agree on the direction of the film? Wasn't massive reshoots ordered for Rogue One which didn't involve the original director. Didn't Edgar Wright, Patty Jenkins, Whedon(ugh!), Ava Duvernay, and other turn down Marvel because they couldn't come to an agreement on creative decisions. The only reason Tsujihara was making the "creative decisions" was because their was no separate DC Films division.

That's true.

To Marvel's credit, I don't think they had a director drop out into production? Maybe Ant-Man? I think Wright might've chosen the characters and such.