• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Pour one out for grigo, dude was dedicated as hell and had energy and time and dedication.
There is a reason I stopped posting on these forums and have transitioned to lurking.
He dared go against the hive mind. How dare him. Absolute CRIMINAL.

He got banned for a post here on Era in which he supported targeted harassment of a woman.

There was no "hive mind" and he doesn't deserve one "poured out" for him. He literally posted support of targeted harassment for something a woman said four years ago.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He got banned for a post here on Era in which he supported targeted harassment of a woman.

There was no "hive mind" and he doesn't deserve one "poured out" for him. He literally posted support of targeted harassment for something a woman said four years ago.
Why are you quoting me? I'm talking these forums in general.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Always fun when Trolls come in here to lecture us about shit.

Quote me when you're talking about me, please.

In absolutely no way was I trolling. I came to the thread and replied to people who were making supportive posts about a guy who got banned for supporting targeted harassment of a woman on Twitter. I actually read the thread from time to time but specifically make it a point not to post because most of my DCEU thoughts would be negative. It's a community thread and I think that would be trolling. But yes, I decided to reply to those posts given the topic at hand.

If you take issue with that more than what he got banned for, maybe take a step back for a moment.

Last edited:

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

In absolutely no way was I trolling. I came to the thread and replied to people who were making supportive posts about a guy who got banned for supporting targeted harassment of a woman on Twitter.

If you take issue with that more than what he got banned for, maybe take a step back for a moment.
How about this. When I specifically mention him, then you can quote me. Otherwise, leave me out of it.

The topic was getting banned around these parts. I posted a comment I don't post as much anymore and stick to lurking. I didn't mention his name. I didn't say to pour one out for him. So don't go trying to drag me into some bullshit about condoning his actions.

If anything, I called him out for signal boosting Snyder fans harassing people on Twitter a few weeks back.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Hostility

In absolutely no way was I trolling. I came to the thread and replied to people who were making supportive posts about a guy who got banned for supporting targeted harassment of a woman on Twitter. I actually read the thread from time to time but specifically make it a point not to post because most of my DCEU thoughts would be negative. It's a community thread and I think that would be trolling. But yes, I decided to reply to those posts given the topic at hand.

This is me quoting you then. You're a fucking troll who constantly makes every dc thread in the etc area unpleasant. You always get away with it.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is me quoting you then. You're a fucking troll who constantly makes every dc thread in the etc area unpleasant.

This is really, really harsh for what I posted here.

I think it's kind of crappy to downplay the reason he was banned in the way you did. You said he got banned because he went against the "Era hivemind." He got banned because he was advocating harassment of a woman on Twitter. Come on, be rational here. I was not rude in my reply to you at all.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think things will calm down until this film has come and gone tbh

I hope it does calm down though

Probably not, but that doesn't make folks need to snipe with the thread itself.

This is me quoting you then. You're a fucking troll who constantly makes every dc thread in the etc area unpleasant. You always get away with it.

Hey. Pull back. Talk about the stuff, not the other posters. I ain't a mod, but there's no reason to get got over this.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's kind of crappy to downplay the reason he was banned in the way you did. You said he got banned because he went against the "Era hivemind." He got banned because he was advocating harassment of a woman on Twitter. Come on, be rational here. I was not rude in my reply to you at all.
Just wondering if you spent a long time scouring muh Werner Herzog sounding amigo grigos twitter to get him banned.

266121723697430528.png

Also great news about Blue Beetle guys.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Whatever. Lets just drop it. Im done.

That Karate Kid kid looks like he would be a good fit for Jaime Reyes

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
It's weird that Ant-Man's setup would be ideal for a Blue Beetle movie. Obviously aged down. A Ted Kord mentor to Jaime's mentee dynamic.

At the same time, a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold project would've been great. I don't know if DC ever tried doing that with Jaime? It's always Ted Kord.

Either way, I don't think the popular Armie Hammer as Booster Gold fan cast will happen. Just a hunch!

(Channing Tatum as Booster, tho. Pour one out for Gambit.)

Yeah I'll pull back. Im just sick of the shit that constantly goes on in the etc areas. Whatever happens happens.

Again, the frustration is understandable but it ain't worth it. It's just trolls trying to make others as miserable as they are. As mentioned in the last page, they lurk here to jump on people when they're venting. That's the goal. It is what it is.

I remember a couple weeks back, one of those Star Wars force unleashed podcasts made a big stink over someone at Lucasfilm's comments and tried to get them fired. Lots of crocodile tears. Very blatant attempts to bait others. Same deal here. Best not to engage.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
That was essentially the Rebirth status quo.
blue-beetles-12160.jpg

Neat. Did they change his mask to remove the mouth?

Like Batman Beyond, it's one of the trickier costumes to translate with the mouth. The Injustice games infamously had him looking like a ninja turtle.

Legit one of the only Smallville episodes I watched was the blue beetle and booster gold one. It was pretty good. Jaime's suit there was like a power rangers getup.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
No. The mouth is just where the line is, so if he's smiling, it doesn't appear.

8cab21633433d6e38097246f3f21699c.png

Hmm. Feels like they should just go full Spider-Man mask, with it moving if he needs to talk. I don't know how you make it work in live action.

The Smallville suit. I imagine this will have a slightly higher budget.

200px-Blue_Beetle_%28Smallville%29.jpg

There's an old Japanese live action movie based on anime that had an interesting approach. Blanking on the name, but it used color tinted but see through visors.

edit: it was Gatchaman.

If you want live action movies that stick incredibly close to the source, that's most anime movies in Japan. Down to wearing bright wigs to match a character with blue hair.

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017

It's just hypocritical to think that Era doesn't have issues after everything that went on with minorities showing their displeasure in how the moderation team has handled themselves on certain topics. Yes, he deserved to get banned (though a perm might have been harsh given his previous ban), but honestly, did you ever think that maybe he doesn't want to post here anymore when multiple people have repeatedly questioned his mental health and didn't get reprimanded for it?

Now I don't envy the moderation team for doing this in their spare time and I have to emphasize that nobody's perfect, but let's not forget there was a thread created by a mod that made fun of the Snyder cut in the past. (He's not a mod anymore.) You can call it a persecution complex or whatever, but at the end of the day, not every DC fan feels welcomed here. On a forum that's supposedly inclusive, it's weird that a filmmaker, who's by all accounts a nice person who gets to finish his movie after everything he's went through, is ridiculed, especially when an accused abuser went on to destroy his movie.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Know I'm pretty cold on a fair few upcoming DC projects, but I'm legit beyond excited for Blue Beetle, I know its a more unconventional pick but he's been my favourite DC character for a while now, just such a cool design and backstory.

Maybe I just like bug superheroes, I'm a big Spidey guy too. I think they should take a pretty good look at the Spider-Man movies in general with this thing speaking of, I think if its handled well it'll be a pretty big hit.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Feels like they should just go full Spider-Man mask, with it moving if he needs to talk. I don't know how you make it work in live action.

The Smallville suit. I imagine this will have a slightly higher budget.

200px-Blue_Beetle_%28Smallville%29.jpg

There's an old Japanese live action movie based on anime that had an interesting approach. Blanking on the name, but it used color tinted but see through visors.

edit: it was Gatchaman.

If you want live action movies that stick incredibly close to the source, that's most anime movies in Japan. Down to wearing bright wigs to match a character with blue hair.

Guyver 2 is one from very long ago that looks better and is probably closer to what they can do with a better budget.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Know I'm pretty cold on a fair few upcoming DC projects, but I'm legit beyond excited for Blue Beetle, I know its a more unconventional pick but he's been my favourite DC character for a while now, just such a cool design and backstory.

Maybe I just like bug superheroes, I'm a big Spidey guy too. I think they should take a pretty good look at the Spider-Man movies in general with this thing speaking of, I think if its handled well it'll be a pretty big hit.
I'm excited too! I've always said BlueBettle is a billion dollar movie if WB plays it's cards right.

It's just hypocritical to think that Era doesn't have issues after everything that went on with minorities showing their displeasure in how the moderation team has handled themselves on certain topics. Yes, he deserved to get banned (though a perm might have been harsh given his previous ban), but honestly, did you ever think that maybe he doesn't want to post here anymore when multiple people have repeatedly questioned his mental health and didn't get reprimanded for it?

Now I don't envy the moderation team for doing this in their spare time and I have to emphasize that nobody's perfect, but let's not forget there was a thread created by a mod that made fun of the Snyder cut in the past. (He's not a mod anymore.) You can call it a persecution complex or whatever, but at the end of the day, not every DC fan feels welcomed here. On a forum that's supposedly inclusive, it's weird that a filmmaker, who's by all accounts a nice person who gets to finish his movie after everything he's went through, is ridiculed, especially when an accused abuser went on to destroy his movie.
To be honest, I don't think Grigo cared.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm curious

Blue Beetle feels like Lobo in that it's a project DC has tried to get off the ground for a decade in film and TV but hasn't gone far.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
BadAss got banned? Last I saw he was trying pretty hard to have a civil conversation about Snyder. Hope everyone is back in time for JL

Also, these fuckers couldn't come up with a better design for the BVS remaster? Is there at least a 4k steelbook somewhere?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious

Blue Beetle feels like Lobo in that it's a project DC has tried to get off the ground for a decade in film and TV but hasn't gone far.

They've gotten better after Shazam and Birds of Prey. They hire directors that'll get it done. Sandberg and Yan both has a number of shorts prior to one larger budget project. Andy Muschietti is the same, he just did the It films before then. Angel Manuel Soto has done mostly shorts and then Charm City Kings. You have less chance that they're pursue other projects or be too busy, like Duvernay.

Which is to say, I think we're on track to this getting made.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
They've gotten better after Shazam and Birds of Prey. They hire directors that'll get it done. Sandberg and Yan both has a number of shorts prior to one larger budget project. Andy Muschietti is the same, he just did the It films before then. Angel Manuel Soto has done mostly shorts and then Charm City Kings. You have less chance that they're pursue other projects or be too busy, like Duvernay.

Which is to say, I think we're on track to this getting made.

Agreed. Under Harmada, I believe this will get made and not sit on the shelf for a decade.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
And ETC topic just about a guy liking Man of Steel, so they can have another opportunity to dump on it. I don't frequent ETC, do they make topics for everyone who mentions a film they like?

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I've fallen off the CW DC shows but I might check out the Superman show. It's weird that during the crossover, the only actor who I felt evoked Superman was the Smallville guy. And I don't have any attachment to Smallville. Not a knock against Routh or this CW dude. I guess for me telling actors to do a imitation of Reeves reads a touch insincere. Even Cavill in theatrical JL, scary face and shoddy writing aside, felt weird delivering some of the joss lines. Maybe now that this dude has this own show, he's able to embody his own interpretation.

I did see a photo of him in a throwback suit from the pilot. Looks much better than the suit from Supergirl. He seems to move on to a modern suit that looks two sizes too big for him. It's TV so whatever. Suits are made to be efficient given the shoots.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I have seen bits and pieces of CW shows and the bits I have seen don't make me want to investigate any further.

Taken as a whole, for me, it's more misses than hits. Arrow ended at season 8 and I enjoyed parts of 1, 2, and 5. But that leaves most of the show I didn't enjoy so it's weird to think about. I liked the first season of Flash a lot. Haven't since and it's on season 6 or something. LOT after season 1 is fun. Stargirl is great. More of a DC Universe production tho. CW originals, Black Lightning is the best and most consistent.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I hated all Superman cameos in Supergirl and haven't watched CW shows in like a year. Would I enjoy S&L? I still need to go back and watch the Infinite Crisis episodes