• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lets be honest, Warner Bros needs Zack in some ways. He's an experienced big budget, VFX heavy director. His movies might not review as well, but his kind doesn't grow on trees. There is a new team in place that likely feel like they're the ones who can potentially fix/reign him in moving forward. This is also an olive branch to him and his wife.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Lets be honest, Warner Bros needs Zack in some ways. He's an experienced big budget, VFX heavy director. His movies might not review as well, but his kind doesn't grow on trees. There is a new team in place that likely feel like they're the ones who can potentially fix/reign him in moving forward. This is also an olive branch to him and his wife.
I feel like streaming platforms are perfect for directors like Snyder without the suits trying to reign in on him because of BO pressure. I remember I read he had to report to the producers every day while filming JL, which must have been exhausting when you have to deal with so much shit day in day out already. You just have to watch the Hobbit commentary and see Peter Jackson being absolutely lost. Not that I foresee him coming back to direct VFX heavy projects anymore. Smaller ones like Army of the Dead sound more like his jam now but who knows? Maybe he can go back to direct and finally finish 300.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I didn't even notice the scene where Arthur rescues a fisherman is different from the trailer. Why in god's name would Whedon reshoot Momoa dropping a man on a table and taking a bottle of liquor when the dialogue is the same? Maybe he accidentally used a different take LMAO

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Wait, I didn't even notice the scene where Arthur rescues a fisherman is different from the trailer. Why in god's name would Whedon reshoot Momoa dropping a man on a table and taking a bottle of liquor when the dialogue is the same? Maybe he accidentally used a different take LMAO
Yeah that stuck out to me as well. However, it could've just been a different take or camera shot from Zack's footage. Kinda hard to tell.

But what is evident between Zack's and Joss's style is simple stuff like this...

lGo3er0.jpg

I mean just look at this shit. The building looks like a prop from at TV sitcom exterior shot.

Oct 25, 2017
I need to pick up a lot of podcasts and general 'voices' I used to listen to but stopped for various reasons to hear some reactions/provide some context. These include but aren't limited to outlets like Slash Film, Comics Conspiracy, etc.

Kinda morbidly interested in going back to Kevin Smiths but not completely just yet. I'm sure others will and I'm happy for those fans. I say that as someone who loves his movies.

Is it possible we can get some particular peoples' (ie industry/etc, not exactly pop culture media like "Gamespot Universe") views or general opinions?

Its huge news, totally fitting with the way everything is upside down at the moment.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that stuck out to me as well. However, it could've just been a different take or camera shot from Zack's footage. Kinda hard to tell.

But what is evident between Zack's and Joss's style is simple stuff like this...

lGo3er0.jpg

I mean just look at this shit. The building looks like a prop from at TV sitcom exterior shot.

This seems to be the Cyborg scene for the picture on the left, CGI is a little rough but I really hope this makes it in the final cut.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Wow it really is happening after all these years. I'm so happy. Actually never thought this was ever going to come out.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So what are we getting from this?
And I can't really look forward to this as it seems like its pandering to toxic fans and Snyders films in the DCEU have blown

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
So what are we getting from this?
And I can't really look forward to this as it seems like its pandering to toxic fans and Snyders films in the DCEU have blown

How is people raising money for suicide awareness to support someone who lost their daughter and had to abandon a project they deeply cared about toxic? Being honest here, I've seen more toxicity from people who don't like the Snyder films than from people who do.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
There are always going to be the crazy's in ANY fandom. The vocal minority. The majority of people I've seen that were Snydercut cheerleaders were normal people just having fun with it.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
There are always going to be the crazy's in ANY fandom. The vocal minority. The majority of people I've seen that were Snydercut cheerleaders were normal people just having fun with it.
The Youtubers who were cheering for this to happen and are actual fans, TheFilmJunkee and Ping Pong Flix, seem like positive, decent people at least.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after the guaranteed positive reception of the snyder cut they'll cancel reeves' batman and ask batfleck back

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently Snyder teased some super girl news during his watch along of MoS?

Something about more to come from the kryptonian ship discovered.

Or maybe we'll see kryptonians in the history lesson?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Also ended up back on r/dceu_leaks

That vieweranon leaker has gone to bat for Whedon- even as far as to say Whedon's WW script is better than ww84.

The salt is real.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Also ended up back on r/dceu_leaks

That vieweranon leaker has gone to bat for Whedon- even as far as to say Whedon's WW script is better than ww84.

The salt is real.
I don't even know how that guy has any clout. His claim to fame is leaking a justice league test screening on the dceuleaks subreddit. Nothing else. Also Whedons ww script was garbage there's a reason wb never made it.

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
I don't even know how that guy has any clout. His claim to fame is leaking a justice league test screening. Nothing else. Also Whedons ww script was garbage there's a reason wb never made it.

I remember when BoxOfficeZ on Box Office Theory came out of a Wonder Women 2017 screening and said that it was terrible.

Insiders are often wrong about wonder women when it comes to the quality

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Apparently Snyder teased some super girl news during his watch along of MoS?

Something about more to come from the kryptonian ship discovered.

Or maybe we'll see kryptonians in the history lesson?
During the Q and A portion someone asking about it, but he said he had no plans to do anything with Supergirl, but felt she was an important character and deserves her time to shine. That hologram was Bruce looking at Superman's image... I think Zack confirmed it in a Vero response a few years ago.

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
THR:

#ReleasetheSnyderCut is the most-tweeted hashtag about a movie that WB has ever made, but it's a movie they've never released," says Snyder. "It's a weird stat but it's cool."

I didn't know it was this popular I always thought it was a meme. I'm excited to see his cut. I hated JL but if I'm going to hate it I want to see it from the director himself.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao I can't believe it actually happened. I saw a Google notification about random comicbookwebstite reporting on snyder cut something or other. I thought it was like all those other clickbait comicbook news stuff "A marvel fan just discovered this heartbreaking detail in end game." Those kinda random articles lol. So when I saw the justice league stuff I just dismissed it at usual.

Was scrolling later in the day and saw the thr story. I never thought they'd fund finishing the movie. But I guess it was a perfect storm of hbomax needing content, the bill to finish not being very big, and it's a easy win for the new platform.

I thought at most you'd get a script leak a few years down the road. But this? Never thought I'd see the day lmao.

Congrats brehs 🤙

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Also, this makes Cavills return way more likely. I don't think he'd come back for some promo and maybe doing ADR and maybe a reshoot. I think he's back in the game.

Something that is getting lost in all the fighting back and forth across the internet about this revelation. We are getting the junkie xl original jl score. Now THAT is most definitely going to improve the movie over the Joss version, even just including mos score during Superman scenes is going to be a major upgrade.

I don't think people are gonna be expecting junkies score to absolutely BODY the elfman jl score from orbit. But that is what is going to happen.

Even if it's one of junkie xl's lesser works, it's gonna be wayyyy better than what we got. The elfman score is shit garbage.

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Hal was never going to show up but some Green Lanterns were planned to cameo at the end. Wonder if they'll still be there in this version?
That doesn't mean they can't cast someone new for any potential reshoots, especially if it ends up as an episodic mini series. One of the fan theories is that the Green Lantern HBO Max series could very well be in the same universe as a continuation of sorts when JL reveals Darkseid and the GL Corps are forced to spring into action throughout the galaxies. Could be cool as a Star Trek sort of concept.

I remember reading a fan theory back in the day that one of the fighter pilots that survived in the Metropolis attack (you can see an ejecting seat propulsion IIRC) could have been Hal.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this in the 'main thread' but sticking it here for posterity's sake.

I would have put cash money on this never seeing the light of day but here we are. I'm happy for those that are ecstatic about finally getting to see it.

Two things that strike me right away. The branding on the image of Snyder's name being so much larger than the Justice League line makes me think that this is how the studio will differentiate this between the 'new' DCU and the 'older' DCU.

This isn't Justice League, this is ZACK SNYDER'S Justice League. It also makes a little more sense if this, and the ensuing marketing and 'buzz' around it, is one of the reasons that WB are keeping Ezra Miller as The Flash.

One thing I couldn't understand however was how Warners were going to explain this to the directors that they currently have either prepping or acting producing DC films that follow the 'new' narrative. How would Ava DuVernay feel if she found out that Darkseid would make a (non canon) first appearance in ZS's Justice League? Is Matt Reeves bothered that the 'old' Batman is getting another push (albeit as a streaming curio than a film) when Pattinson is supposed to be positioned as the new Batman moving forward? Presumably Warners won't have this release anywhere near The Batman in October.

But then per the Hollywood Reporter article...

How will that work? Presumably her New Gods films will eventually tie into the DCU moving forward but will that be different Darkseid from the now non-canon Snyder one? Will the designs be different? Is DuVernay bothered that her film won't be the theatrical, live action debut of Darkseid anymore? What's the point in having a tease for a Darkseid storyline that will never be resolved?

So many questions....
You kinda do a lot of overthinking for other people

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Ava is still writing her script. I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes to fruition, just like Batgirl, Supergirl, Nightwing, Green Lantern Corps, Cyborg, Deathstroke, Teen Titans and the Flash for the seventeenth time.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
We've had no word on how Ava's New Gods ties into the other DC movies right?

Could very well be it's own thing. I'd honestly love it to be focused on Mister Miracle and Big Barda.

The smartest thing WB could do with all this is to have the Flashpoint movie as a direct continuation of the Justice League.

It gives you a perfect blank slate. Wonder Woman's movies still exist in cannon. As do Aquaman and the rest.

You can also use it as an out for bringing back whomever in the future.

Plus I'd like one last ride with Batfleck.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ocarina stop wasting your time. I knew that thread was gonna be shut down. This place sucks. Stop wasting your time and let it burn itself it down.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
We've had no word on how Ava's New Gods ties into the other DC movies right?

Could very well be it's own thing. I'd honestly love it to be focused on Mister Miracle and Big Barda.

The smartest thing WB could do with all this is to have the Flashpoint movie as a direct continuation of the Justice League.

It gives you a perfect blank slate. Wonder Woman's movies still exist in cannon. As do Aquaman and the rest.

You can also use it as an out for bringing back whomever in the future.

Plus I'd like one last ride with Batfleck.
I don't think movie Flashpoint will have anything in common with comic Flashpoint besides the name and basics of Barry fucking up the timeline. There's really no point, after all what are the main appeals of Flashpoint:
1. Batman KILLS with GUNS!... except Batffleck already does that
2. Superman is locked up by the government and KILLS!... except "regular" Superman already kills and is already a complete break from his "classic" personality
3. Aquaman and WW are villains! Now this would actually be a change up, but you're taking the two most popular characters you've got and turning them into villains? Nah that ain't going to happen.

The Snyderverse pretty much already was the Flashpoint universe in terms of tone and violence. Whatever is coming I don't think it will involve the other characters at all, it will be standalone and self contained

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think movie Flashpoint will have anything in common with comic Flashpoint besides the name and basics of Barry fucking up the timeline. There's really no point, after all what are the main appeals of Flashpoint:
1. Batman KILLS with GUNS!... except Batffleck already does that
2. Superman is locked up by the government and KILLS!... except "regular" Superman already kills and is already a complete break from his "classic" personality
3. Aquaman and WW are villains! Now this would actually be a change up, but you're taking the two most popular characters you've got and turning them into villains? Nah that ain't going to happen.

The Snyderverse pretty much already was the Flashpoint universe in terms of tone and violence. Whatever is coming I don't think it will involve the other characters at all, it will be standalone and self contained

If you think the thing that made Flashpoint Batman different is the guns you missed a lot

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Threads are hilarious to read when you have a huge ignore list. It's like Ocarina is arguing with himself.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I would pay money to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne in the suit. His performance as the Comedian in Watchmen was magnificent.

Not in a million years gonna happen. Imagine the backlash lol

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
There's no way you cast someone like him and not have plans to put him in a Bat suit. I'm convinced Snyder had ideas to at some point.