• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
He's definitely gonna drop stuff he had planned for the sequels, as it seems like he's just using footage that he already filmed for his Justice League, and try and tie it up nicely, so that MoS-BvS-JL comes together in a solid way.

I hope I'm getting the scene where the team discusses where in time to send Flash back to.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Are we going to get Zack Snyder unleashed? Nothing holding him back.

Damn, we about to feast.

Like with Kojima and Death Stranding.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Seeing as this is debuting on a streaming service and they are all about 'churn' expect this to be a 6 hour mini-series released weekly.

Seriously.

It really does make it seem like the Flash movie is going to be a soft reboot. It's going to pretty much have to be since they're putting out Snyder's movie which will make people ask which version of JL the DC Films are following, Snyder or Whedon.

That's very possible. The THR article mentions that Toby Emmerich first started the wheels moving on this in November which, I believe, was AFTER the dating of The Flash.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Seeing as this is debuting on a streaming service and they are all about 'churn' expect this to be a 6 hour mini-series released weekly.

Seriously.
I kind of hope it is too. I'd rather have it spaced out over weeks so people can talk about it and not treat it as an overly long movie which will get hated on from here to eternity.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I feel like the branding
The fact that it coming only on a streaming service
The fact we've seen where Aquaman and Harley and shazam are heading is this will be treated as an Elseworlds tale and nothing more.

I don't expect them to market this as the Justice League stand-in, same way Ultimate Edition doesn't get much play.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
He's definitely gonna drop stuff he had planned for the sequels, as it seems like he's just using footage that he already filmed for his Justice League, and try and tie it up nicely, so that MoS-BvS-JL comes together in a solid way.

I hope I'm getting the scene where the team discusses where in time to send Flash back to.
Wasn't that part of the plot for JL2 & JL3? I don't remember the Flash being able to time travel in what little I've seen of Snyder's scripts.
I feel like the branding
The fact we've seen where Aquaman and Harley and shazam are heading is this will be treated as an Elseworlds tale and nothing more.

I don't expect them to market this as the Justice League stand-in, same way Ultimate Edition doesn't get much play.
I expect this to be marketed as the official end to the Snyderverse. Snyder wraps a bow on his take on the characters, paving the way for the Flash's reboot. Now the question is, will Henry be able to move on to the next DCU iteration? He and Affleck were heavily tied to Snyder, and I could see this being his official last hurrah.

Battle Born

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's very exciting to finally have some proper closure on Snyder's trilogy. This also gives me some hope that Cavill can still make a comeback as Superman.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I "hate" it when they turn long movies into series, so sign me up for that 4 hour cut. Not that it's that important.

Wasn't that part of the plot for JL2 & JL3? I don't remember the Flash being able to time travel in what little I've seen of Snyder's scripts.
Oh noes, my wish killed in a hot minute. I love me some time travelling.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Why are people being so obtuse? Like...saying this proves that there never was a Snyder cut? It's been obvious for ages that it exists and seems like common consensus that the only issue was the completion of post production. Why the semantics lol

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Glad that Snyder's Justice League is finally a reality! If it ends up being a 6 hour long miniseries that would be perfect. Imagine it winning some Emmy awards next year, if it qualifies. This forum would go crazy.

584059208899756078.png

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Why are people being so obtuse? Like...saying this proves that there never was a Snyder cut? It's been obvious for ages that it exists and seems like common consensus that the only issue was the completion of post production. Why the semantics lol
People were saying Snyder's Cut was totally finished and ready to go, and that is clearly not true.
Glad that Snyder's Justice League is finally a reality! If it ends up being a 6 hour long miniseries that would be perfect. Imagine it winning some Emmy awards next year, if it qualifies. This forum would go crazy.

584059208899756078.png
Lmao I wonder if critics will review the Snyder Cut? If it scores lower than Whedon's did, then we'd really see some meltdowns.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the branding

I could see it being canon if they end up going forward with Flashpoint. Ezra showed up in Crisis on Infinite Earths meaning DC has no reservations about time fuckery, so it's entirely possible the two different versions of JL play into Flashpoint.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I could see it being canon if they end up going forward with Flashpoint. Ezra showed up in Crisis on Infinite Earths meaning DC has no reservations about time fuckery, so it's entirely possible the two different versions of JL play into Flashpoint.
It's one thing for a TV show crossover to cameo Ezra after already teaching the audience about the Multiverse. It's another to build another blockbuster movie around Snyder's JL which you'd have to watch on HBO Max to see. I can't see them doing that, especially since I expect the Flash to continue the lighter tone of the last couple DC Movies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I hope Snyder retools some things so that his Justice League can close off that era of DC movies instead of being the prologue to a franchise that never was to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's something.

The main board is going to have to step up its game to what, four threads a week now bashing it?

Instead of the usual three?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the branding

I mean, it's a win-win at the moment. They spend $20 million, a small part of Max's content budget, on work that can be done remote. If it's bad, no problem, it's only on streaming, and folks are going to watch for trainwreck purposes anyways, since you're not paying a movie ticket. And since it's not theatrical, who cares how long it is? If not enough people watch, it's also not an issue: they control the metrics, and never have to show them.

People were saying Snyder's Cut was totally finished and ready to go, and that is clearly not true.

Lmao I wonder if critics will review the Snyder Cut? If it scores lower than Whedon's did, then we'd really see some meltdowns.

Again, there many have been Synder footage, but there was never a full cut.

And yeah, they will review it.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
In celebration of today's announcement I am watching Justice League as it exists now. It will be the last time I ever view it or acknowledge its existence.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I mean, it's a win-win at the moment. They spend $20 million, a small part of Max's content budget, on work that can be done remote. If it's bad, no problem, it's only on streaming, and folks are going to watch for trainwreck purposes anyways, since you're not paying a movie ticket. And since it's not theatrical, who cares how long it is? If not enough people watch, it's also not an issue: they control the metrics, and never have to show them.

Again, there many have been Synder footage, but there was never a full cut.

And yeah, they will review it.
Ride ain't over indeed.
EYfY_HiX0AghnM1

One last hurrah back to the good old days. Do you think Cavill will be Superman past this or is this going to end his career as Superman?

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
If this thing is cooking since November.. is there any chance Miller-time flash popping in " crisis on infininte earths" is more then a fun cameo ? Maybe the multi-verse rebirth is how the differentiate between snyder-verse and the incoming movies slate .
Probably over thinking it and it is just a form of elseworld story .

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was at work, so I saw the news when I hit the parking lot. Nice to see it's finally happening.

Also, love the people who don't care or hate the idea acting as if they'll be forced to watch it. Never got that mentality of bitching about something optional. If you don't like it or don't want it, spend your time and energy elsewhere. Shit is beyond tiring.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I still don't understand why people who say they don't care about it are so mad rn. Gonna watch MoS tomorrow.
Eh I'm already seeing plans to demand WB let Snyder makes his other 2 JL movies. I'm not a fan of Snyder's take, so the idea that Superman could be held hostage to someone who I believe doesn't understand him at all is frustrating. Also the harassment campaigns are going to get worse now, WB's has basically said if you go hard enough you can get whatever you want. If this wraps up Snyder's take and let's the DC films move on then I'm cool with it. Otherwise yeah I am not a fan of this.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Eh I'm already seeing plans to demand WB let Snyder makes his other 2 JL movies. I'm not a fan of Snyder's take, so the idea that Superman could be held hostage to someone who I believe doesn't understand him at all is frustrating. Also the harassment campaigns are going to get worse now, WB's has basically said if you go hard enough you can get whatever you want. If this wraps up Snyder's take and let's the DC films move on then I'm cool with it. Otherwise yeah I am not a fan of this.

We're not getting anymore Snyder JL flicks after this. It doesnt matter how much idiots bitch on Twitter, theres a difference between footing 30 million to finish a project and 200 million to do a new one.

The only way I see Snyder doing more DC stuff is if this is a ratings and critics success and even then it wont be JL.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
We're not getting anymore Snyder JL flicks after this. It doesnt matter how much idiots bitch on Twitter, theres a difference between footing 30 million to finish a project and 200 million to do a new one.

The only way I see Snyder doing more DC stuff is if this is a ratings and critics success and even then it wont be JL.
Tell that to the people on social media. They've already achieved what they were told was impossible once, now you'll never convince them they can't do it again. Like I said WB's has opened the floodgates.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Tell that to the people on social media. They've already achieved what they were told was impossible once, now you'll never convince them they can't do it again. Like I said WB's has opened the floodgates.

Let them waste their time. The execs dont care, the only reason this is happening is because HBOmax needs content and this was an easy, cheap win.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Let them waste their time. The execs dont care, the only reason this is happening is because HBOmax needs content and this was an easy, cheap win.
Exactly this. The article states they are doing it because of the fans yes, but not because of their harassment. Moreso because it showed them there was a demand, as small as it may seem. They feel like it's worth their time and money. It's not like WB was bullied into doing it.