• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
V8pNAZ9.jpg

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

“It Will Be an Entirely New Thing”: Zack Snyder’s $20M-Plus ‘Justice League’ Cut Plans Revealed

Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' cut will debut on HBO Max either in a four-hour director's cut or in six TV-style "chapters." The helmer is getting the gang back together with the original postproduction crew to score, cut and finish visual effects, and some of the actors are returning for...
Hot damn you beat me to it. A 4-hour director's cut or 6 TV-style chapters?! How many cut content is there? the fuck?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually mad hype for this.

I liked Man of Steel which has grown a little for every rewatch I've had, and always really liked BvS: Ultimate Cut.

Excited to see what we're gonna get with a 4 hour cut, or six parts, with actually finished VFX work done.

Is there a list of some sort that summarises what Zack's been saying was in his JL cut all these years?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Even adding new lines and such. This is crazy! I hope they retool the Steppenwolf and Darkseid designs as well. They are in such a unique position of hindsight here. He should also watch Joss's version just to see what went wrong

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Fully finished vfx, Junkie, score, new material(?) potentially 4 hours long or a mini series. Holy shit. And not a single frame of Whedon in it. I can't believe it happened

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
The biggest thing to me is that Snyder's finally getting some justice (pun intended) after everything that happened to him and his family when JL was in production. He had his vision, it was interrupted due to unimaginable tragedy and some would say hijacked by the WB brass at the time, and after all this time he's finally getting to finish what he started. It bothers the shit out of me that people are petty enough over not liking his take on the characters to straight up personally attack the guy over it, when you never hear a bad word about him from anyone. Out of all of this has come a ton of work towards increasing suicide awareness and prevention, money raised for charity and a lot of other good things, but all you hear is tired bullshit treating the guy like he's almost subhuman. Fucking ridiculous.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Hot damn you beat me to it. A 4-hour director's cut or 6 TV-style chapters?! How many cut content is there? the fuck?
I think actually what's going to happen is Snyder will try to compress his "arc" into one movie. This will be WB basically officially wrapping up the Snyderverse by letting him finish his story and giving his fans conclusion. Not really looking forward to more Evil Superman but if this means they can reboot Superman along with Batman and replace Cavill than so be it.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Zack Snyder's Justice League is just about the best name they go for this version. To the point and a reminder the original was in now way his movie.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think actually what's going to happen is Snyder will try to compress his "arc" into one movie. This will be WB basically officially wrapping up the Snyderverse by letting him finish his story and giving his fans conclusion. Not really looking forward to more Evil Superman but if this means they can reboot Superman along with Batman and replace Cavill than so be it.
Doubt that. The first assembly cut of JL was about 5 hours long, so this is just giving him whatever he needs to wrap it up.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Already rocking this as my desktop wallpaper lol.

zack_snyderfwkyr.jpg

Do we have a summary of what Zack's been talking about having in his cut over the years?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Doubt that. The first assembly cut of JL was about 5 hours long, so this is just giving him whatever he needs to wrap it up.
Ugh that doesn't bode well. I really want this to be the end, but Snyder's JL was meant to lead into JL2, which isn't happening (for right now lol).
Already rocking this as my desktop wallpaper lol.

zack_snyderfwkyr.jpg

Do we have a summary of what Zack's been talking about having in his cut over the years?
Oh yeah there's a list out there.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
So, how feasible is it that we get the original Steppenwolf design to replace the one in the theatrical cut? We know he had a ton of stuff of cut, so if they are going to finish his scenes...why not do them as intended and fix his design in the finished stuff?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This is literally a best case scenario for this saga. Snyder is gonna be able to not only finish his vision, but retool it, and tell it with no time limits or direct financial expectations.

He can go nuts

This is a creative miracle
Soooo...Ayer Cut next? He hasn't been exactly silent on his end either.
Unlikely with The Suicide Squad coming up. Maybe in another 5 years?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I posted this in the 'main thread' but sticking it here for posterity's sake.

I would have put cash money on this never seeing the light of day but here we are. I'm happy for those that are ecstatic about finally getting to see it.

Two things that strike me right away. The branding on the image of Snyder's name being so much larger than the Justice League line makes me think that this is how the studio will differentiate this between the 'new' DCU and the 'older' DCU.

This isn't Justice League, this is ZACK SNYDER'S Justice League. It also makes a little more sense if this, and the ensuing marketing and 'buzz' around it, is one of the reasons that WB are keeping Ezra Miller as The Flash.

One thing I couldn't understand however was how Warners were going to explain this to the directors that they currently have either prepping or acting producing DC films that follow the 'new' narrative. How would Ava DuVernay feel if she found out that Darkseid would make a (non canon) first appearance in ZS's Justice League? Is Matt Reeves bothered that the 'old' Batman is getting another push (albeit as a streaming curio than a film) when Pattinson is supposed to be positioned as the new Batman moving forward? Presumably Warners won't have this release anywhere near The Batman in October.

But then per the Hollywood Reporter article...

And while the cut will contain the many elements Zack has teased over time (yes, expect Darkseid), the duo also relish adding a fair amount of character development. "What's so lovely about this is that we get to explore these characters in ways that you're not able to in a shorter theatrical version."

How will that work? Presumably her New Gods films will eventually tie into the DCU moving forward but will that be different Darkseid from the now non-canon Snyder one? Will the designs be different? Is DuVernay bothered that her film won't be the theatrical, live action debut of Darkseid anymore? What's the point in having a tease for a Darkseid storyline that will never be resolved?

So many questions....

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Yes, look like this is it. Best case scenario for fans.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I posted this in the 'main thread' but sticking it here for posterity's sake.

I would have put cash money on this never seeing the light of day but here we are. I'm happy for those that are ecstatic about finally getting to see it.

Two things that strike me right away. The branding on the image of Snyder's name being so much larger than the Justice League line makes me think that this is how the studio will differentiate this between the 'new' DCU and the 'older' DCU.

This isn't Justice League, this is ZACK SNYDER'S Justice League. It also makes a little more sense if this, and the ensuing marketing and 'buzz' around it, is one of the reasons that WB are keeping Ezra Miller as The Flash.

One thing I couldn't understand however was how Warners were going to explain this to the directors that they currently have either prepping or acting producing DC films that follow the 'new' narrative. How would Ava DuVernay feel if she found out that Darkseid would make a (non canon) first appearance in ZS's Justice League? Is Matt Reeves bothered that the 'old' Batman is getting another push (albeit as a streaming curio than a film) when Pattinson is supposed to be positioned as the new Batman moving forward? Presumably Warners won't have this release anywhere near The Batman in October.

But then per the Hollywood Reporter article...

How will that work? Presumably her New Gods films will eventually tie into the DCU moving forward but will that be different Darkseid from the now non-canon Snyder one? Will the designs be different? Is DuVernay bothered that her film won't be the theatrical, live action debut of Darkseid anymore? What's the point in having a tease for a Darkseid storyline that will never be resolved?

So many questions....
It really does make it seem like the Flash movie is going to be a soft reboot. It's going to pretty much have to be since they're putting out Snyder's movie which will make people ask which version of JL the DC Films are following, Snyder or Whedon.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I wonder how much Zack will change the ending to make it seem like a finished story and not have to carry over to his never going to be made JL2 and 3? Does he just go full bore with what he intended to do or does he make a few more tweaks so that it sits as a nice and neat trilogy?

And as Bus-TEE said above, what about Darkseid and Ava's version? I hope there's some back and forth there so they don't step on each other's toes.