• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
That's pretty much where I am at this point. Regardless, his movie won't have closure as it was supposed to have 2 more movies after it.
Definitely agree with you there. Honestly I wish the release would've just happened 6 months after the movie released on video/streaming without all this #releasethesnydercut pr. The fans have hyped it up way too much I just can't see it living up to the hype because mainly the story he intended will never be completed.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
gonna be so good, even if it's not MoS tier at least it'll show what a shit job whedon did

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So it's finally happening...

I've waited so long.

IDSW9SL.gif

ItWwNI2.gif

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
You don't read DCEU/Snyder threads in the OT. I thought we would have learned this by now.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Just throwing out thoughts here, but Zack was supposed to film reshoots in March after his daughter died, right? But then decided not to which is when Joss "officially" came on board to help out. Wondering if those reshoots were WB mandated and not something Zack wanted in the first place, as it appears he has more than enough footage when he shot the first time.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
What are the chances this will have Junkie Xl score, like literally that alone elevates the Snyder acut by an order of magnitude

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Why not? I really dislike the current trend on hating people or things without any reasons
Which part? The thread? There's little good that will come from this thread or the announcement thread or anything.

Literally who cares. It's all about the cut itself. Internet feuds are for children.

It's not about the cut, it's about the type of individual it will empower in the future.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
It's not about the cut, it's about the type of individual it will empower in the future.
Empowered how? Because they think their immature expressions are what caused the release of the cut? That's their problem, as long as WB doesn't come out saying "WE'RE RELEASING THIS BECAUSE WE GOT DEATH THREATS" then it's all in their mind, and they'll be rightfully shamed and ridiculed for their actions in the future if they so desire to keep acting toxically.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yea...I don't see this as WB submitting to the Snyder-cut-cult. Snyder himself has been asking to get it made, WB needs content, wam bam thank you maam.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I think the real serious question is how the Cavil 'stach situation on whatever alternative cut WB releasing is .
Is it a big sumptious HBO_MAX moustach , or a tiny akward QUIBI sized one .

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
....no fucking way. Not gonna believe it until I'm watching the ending credits of this. Trying real hard to not get my hopes up here.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
What if it's a mini series recut of all the footage of BvS and his Justice League.

I think the real serious question is how the Cavil 'stach situation on whatever alternative cut WB releasing is .
Is it a big sumptious HBO_MAX moustach , or a tiny akward QUIBI sized one .
Its a non issue because he didn't have a stache when Zack shot the movie.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Empowered how? Because they think their immature expressions are what caused the release of the cut? That's their problem, as long as WB doesn't come out saying "WE'RE RELEASING THIS BECAUSE WE GOT DEATH THREATS" then it's all in their mind, and they'll be rightfully shamed and ridiculed for their actions in the future if they so desire to keep acting toxically.
Yea...I don't see this as WB submitting to the Snyder-cut-cult. Snyder himself has been asking to get it made, WB needs content, wam bam thank you maam.
That already happened with Star Wars.
His point is that a subset of fans won't see it that way.

Yeah the point isn't about an individual movie, but the idea that this is now a legit form of protest if you dislike a movie

Or you want an actor/actress removed from a role.

And yes I know fan-campaigns like this have existed before, but I don't think one was ever as... negative. And again I don't mean the folks here, but the people on social media, on reddit, the ones at SDCC.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're turning cynical yourself, Penguin.

Then again, I don't have a Twtter account so I'm not really informed about the ins and outs.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
if You want somebody gone just start digging up old content that might be considered problematic AKA Gunn style

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Bingo, and a lot of that rests on the pandemic. If COVID-19 hadn't happened, I sincerely doubt WB would be doing this. They just have to leverage everything they've already got in the can while they can't go out and shoot new content.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think you're turning cynical yourself, Penguin.

Then again, I don't have a Twtter account so I'm not really informed about the ins and outs.

I'm happy for the people who wanted this movie.
I'll check it out as well.

But I just fear for the long-term ramifications. Like it may not seem like a big deal now, but nothing is until it's 5 years down the road and you realize how much we kind of accept as being normal

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think folks outside of our bubble have any idea about the Snyder Cut group

Hell, folks outside of our bubble have long forgotten about JL entirely.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
SnyderCut groups have been trending on Twitter for years now. They won't let people forget about the whole JL fiasco. People know outside our bubble.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for the people who wanted this movie.
I'll check it out as well.

But I just fear for the long-term ramifications. Like it may not seem like a big deal now, but nothing is until it's 5 years down the road and you realize how much we kind of accept as being normal
People have lost jobs before because of things they said on social media. I think that is more of an indictment of social media having a considerable effect on our thought processes. Whether that's entertainment, news, politics etc. People are getting more vocal because they have these platforms to get vocal on, that's also unmoderated and unfiltered.

What I've learned over the past decade is to live life to the fullest. As long as it's responsible to do so. With the ongoing pandemic, nobody knows what the future will hold and, yes, things could change for the worse in the blink of an eye. Take care of yourself and the people nearest and dearest to you. That's all you can do at this point. Just my two cents.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
You know, it's the small things about Justice League. Like, noticing it's a Wheddon scene because of Aflecks puffy face or Ezra's slightly different hair.

Should they keep some stuff? Like, what about the Aquaman lasso scene or save one dialogue?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
You know, it's the small things about Justice League. Like, noticing it's a Wheddon scene because of Aflecks puffy face or Ezra's slightly different hair.

Should they keep some stuff? Like, what about the Aquaman lasso scene or save one dialogue?
I can't think of a single whedon cut or scene worth keeping. Maybe, MAYBE, that scene of Diana and Bruce, but then its offset by looking awful in comparison to the original footage. Some of it ridiculously egregious such as his reshoot of the Kent farm scene vs the original

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
What if it's not a Snyder Cut but maybe a Man of Steel 2 announcement ? Not necesseraly with Zack direction, but maybe just production.
Or maybe both If I want to dream.
I'd love a Snyder Cut, but maybe it's something that we need to move on, a MOS2 would be muuuuuch better.