• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
The Batman Will Be 'Darker' Than Previous Films, Andy Serkis Hints
When asked whether fans were right to expect a 'darker, broodier' Batman, the Lord of The Rings star laughed: "I would say that's not far from the truth.
"It's very much about the emotional connection between Alfred and Bruce. That's really at the centre of it. And it is a really exquisite script that Matt has written."
Adding: "I was literally half way through shooting my part in it when we got shut down. So it will be interesting to see when that resurfaces how it has been affected by it [lockdown]."

www.ladbible.com

The Batman Will Be 'Darker' Than Previous Films, Andy Serkis Hints

The British actor is playing Alfred Pennyworth in the eagerly-anticipated movie

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Hmmm. I don't want to be 'that guy' but I do wonder what Warner Bros must think about Dwayne Johnson setting up a new project at Netflix where he plays a man with superpowers?

... shortly after we revealed that Netflix had won an auction for the Dwayne Johnson-Emily Blunt package Ball and Chain, which Emily V Gordon is scripting.

deadline.com

Netflix Wins Simon Kinberg Heist Spec ‘Here Comes The Flood’ In Mid 7-Figure Deal

Netflix Wins Simon Kinberg Heist Spec 'Here Comes The Flood' In 7-Figure Deal

*raises eyebrow*

While it is a Mr & Mrs Smith style action/comedy (and frankly I'm not sure that this even gets made with Johnson and Blunt starring but never mind) which is obviously very different project from Black Adam it still raises an eyebrow, has any other high profile Marvel or DC actor signed to play to a character with 'superpowers' while attached or starring in an MCU/DCU film?

This might be nothing.... It might be something....

Time will tell.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
www.hollywoodreporter.com

How ‘Capone’ Helped Josh Trank Put ‘Fantastic Four’ to Bed

Five years after 'Fantastic Four,' the filmmaker is opening up about how he channeled it into his new Tom Hardy movie about Al Capone: "writing 'Capone' was a way for me to synthesize the confusion that I had inside."
Pretty interesting article but Trank ends up praising both Gunn & Snyder as film directors. Honestly I hope the guy makes a comeback with Capone. I watched Fan4stic for the first time a couple days ago and the first half of the film was honestly not that bad. You can definitely see where the studio chopped and reshot that film. That ending was atrocious lol

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My copy of Birds of Prey on 4K Blu-ray that I ordered from Vudu shipped. Should be here on Tuesday. Might just do a DCEU rewatch soon.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
That JL Dark Apokolips War was pretty damn good. Didn't realize it was rated R.

And it kinda did what Snyder seemingly was planning to do.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He never left, bruv

The recent noise is based on a Heroic Hollywood article so...

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Everyone on Twitter and YouTube are saying Henry is back. Something change?
Yeah El Maybe said there's "maybe" a chance he's coming back and the Supergirl movie is on hold, which is no surprise considering we haven't heard anything beyond that WB was commissioning a script. Doubt it though. If they're really going to use the Flash to retcon away the Snyder films, no real point in not rebooting Superman along with Batman.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The film studio hired a trainer who left Pattinson with a Bosu ball, a single weight, and a sincere plea to use both, but right now, he says, he's ignoring her. "I think if you're working out all the time, you're part of the problem," he says, sighing. By "you" he means other actors. "You set a precedent. No one was doing this in the '70s. Even James Dean—he wasn't exactly ripped."
1d4cea9eb052e073deea685a85bc5d27.gif

This fucking guy

Oct 25, 2017

I'll be honest; I really don't care. Pattinson seems plenty fit enough for this film and honestly considering he's playing an early days Batman, I kinda prefer the scrappier look for him anyway. Let Pattinson pull a Hugh Jackman on the whole affair and get more ripped in future films.

At the end of the day, Pattinson's plenty fit and what matters more is the writing and his performance in it.

EDIT: That said, I don't even know how much I'd take this quote into consideration, J_Viper . Pattinson loves to exaggerate and say things off the cuff, like his joke about basing his Bat-Voice off of Willem Dafoe's pirate accent in The Lighthouse.

Heck, here's a quote on the matter from that same article!

Pattinson says he used to drink 5,000 cups of coffee before interviews like this one, do them, then collapse afterward "and sleep for two days." He says he'd make a point of saying the wildest thing he could think of. "I liked saying sort of provocative things 'cause I thought it was funny. I get very, very uncomfortable about doing sort of earnest things."

Last edited:

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Pattinson is good at interviews, like the time he lied during the Today show about his phobia of circus, and told the story of his childhood trauma : an clown dying the first time he went to a circus. By a clown-car explosion.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/i-think-about-robert-pattinson-lying-on-the-today-show-a-lot.html

I said those things. But I actually made the whole thing up," he said. "It's coming back to haunt me. I said it on some show. It was really early in the morning the day after the New York premiere. Someone asked me what my experience with the circus was and I was like, I have nothing interesting to say. I don't know why I said that!

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the difference is that you can see he's not doing the workout
no joke here, friends

Oct 25, 2017
the difference is that you can see he's not doing the workout
no joke here, friends

Pretty sure Pattinson was actually seen jogging the other day, so I'd wager he's doing the workout. The thing is that Matt Reeves is probably aiming for Pattinson to have a far leaner build for this film than anything like Batfleck or Begins era Christian Bale.

Pattinson is good at interviews, like the time he lied during the Today show about his phobia of circus, and told the story of his childhood trauma : an clown dying the first time he went to a circus. By a clown-car explosion.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/i-think-about-robert-pattinson-lying-on-the-today-show-a-lot.html

The press tours for The Batman are going to be a blast. lmao Pattinson just exudes chaotic energy.

Last edited:

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
The more Pattison troll film media and have fun showing open contempt to the traditional PR cycle the more I am sure he is the perfect choice for the batman role .

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Batman fans aren't prepared for how much of a troll Pattinson is. This is going to be amusing.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Even in this GQ interview, I'm half sure that these parts are trolling :

"I started the beginning of last year with no job. And I was calling my agent and just being like—I had gotten good reviews in stuff—and I was like, 'What the fuck? I thought this was a pretty good year, and I'm fucking starting the year like I've just done a pile of trash.' " And what his agents said was: You're not really on the list. That mythical list of A-list actors considered for A-list parts. Not necessarily because he wasn't wanted. But because, they told him: "Everyone thinks you don't want to do any of this stuff."

But what Pattinson was realizing was: Actually, he did. He wanted more security, less doubt. "Just something which you could kind of rely on a little bit more," he says, sighing. "The problem which I was finding was, however much I loved the movies I was doing, no one sees them. And so it's kind of this frightening thing, 'cause I don't know how viable this is for a career.… I don't know how many people there actually are in the industry who are willing to back you without any commercial viability whatsoever."

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pattinson had to develop the mother of all "IDGAF" attitudes in order to deal with rabid Twilight fans (a few of whom literally approached him with open neck wounds asking him to suck their blood), so I think he's more than seasoned enough to deal with comic book nerds. Him trolling people seems pretty on-character.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Pattinson had to develop the mother of all "IDGAF" attitudes in order to deal with rabid Twilight fans (a few of whom literally approached him with open neck wounds asking him to suck their blood), so I think he's more than seasoned enough to deal with comic book nerds. Him trolling people seems pretty on-character.
Hahaha holy shit. Well at least Batman fans will only want to drink his blood after they've killed him if this incarnation bombs. But I don't think it will. Plus Pattinson having a IDGAF attitude with the press is peak Bruce Wayne.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Even in this GQ interview, I'm half sure that these parts are trolling :

"I started the beginning of last year with no job. And I was calling my agent and just being like—I had gotten good reviews in stuff—and I was like, 'What the fuck? I thought this was a pretty good year, and I'm fucking starting the year like I've just done a pile of trash.' " And what his agents said was: You're not really on the list. That mythical list of A-list actors considered for A-list parts. Not necessarily because he wasn't wanted. But because, they told him: "Everyone thinks you don't want to do any of this stuff."

But what Pattinson was realizing was: Actually, he did. He wanted more security, less doubt. "Just something which you could kind of rely on a little bit more," he says, sighing. "The problem which I was finding was, however much I loved the movies I was doing, no one sees them. And so it's kind of this frightening thing, 'cause I don't know how viable this is for a career.… I don't know how many people there actually are in the industry who are willing to back you without any commercial viability whatsoever."

Sucks too, cause his performances are always good and yhe moviesare always interesting. No matter how good his Batman may be, we'll be worse off if we lose him to studio blockusters

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
5w4c8t466ry41.jpg

The promo campaign for this feels like a waste because I just know they'll have to push it again. Their's just no way theaters will be opened (especially the ones for New York and California) by August at the way things are going right now.

Le sigh.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
5w4c8t466ry41.jpg

The promo campaign for this feels like a waste because I just know they'll have to push it again. Their's just no way theaters will be opened (especially the ones for New York and California) by August at the way things are going right now.

Le sigh.

Whole thing has been crazy. Merch is already in stores and marketing is still going ahead. I think the machine is too big to slam the breaks on.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Just thought about it, but we should've had another trailer by now as well... Sigh. They probably won't release it now until a month out from release, which would mid July, but like said above, it's gonna get pushed again.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I don't know why anyone would release a big movie that is supposed to make hundreds of millions of dollars this year.