• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
EWUHVAUUcAAcr-O

Is he back?

Last edited:

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Affleck is still way bigger bro

I'll say, re-watching Batman '89 chilled me out on needing a swole Batman. Keaton sold that shit.
If he stays in this shape for the next few years I'd still like to see him reprise his role in a one off. I know that ain't happening though lol. Rob has to work on his bi's & tri's more. He's gotta tone that shit up.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Did not expect it to make that much.

But when people start going out, I doubt we can expect the same performance. There's obviously a market for it though.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
www.cnbc.com

'Trolls World Tour' made more for Universal in 3 weeks on demand than 'Trolls' did in 5 months in theaters

The coronavirus pandemic has fundamentally changed how people are watching films. With movie theaters shuttered, consumers are turning to streaming and on-demand services.

So if Trolls can do this...

WW84 releasing on HBO Max first and other platforms shortly after would be MONEY. You have my blessing, WB.
You're talking about what Wonder woman made in it's opening weekend here though...

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
And don't forget that Trolls targets a totally different market than most superhero movies. Parents will buy Trolls to keep their kids busy, but they're not gonna be buying Wonder Woman for them.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, I rented it. My daughter is all about some Trolls. Problem is we had it for 48 hours and 5 year olds like to watch stuff over and over again.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Fuck... a Korean action movie inspired Deathstroke would have been fucking amazing. Had they ever officially announced it wasn't happening anymore?
Yeah I don't think it's going to happen because of this quote in the article:
"I've spoken to Joe Manganiello, who was attached to star as Deathstroke," Evans tells us. "I spoke to him a while back, and we both lamented the fact that it didn't happen. But yeah, I don't really have much more than that, in terms of anything lately on it."

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I don't think it's going to happen because of this quote in the article:
"I've spoken to Joe Manganiello, who was attached to star as Deathstroke," Evans tells us. "I spoke to him a while back, and we both lamented the fact that it didn't happen. But yeah, I don't really have much more than that, in terms of anything lately on it."
Oh yea it's definitely not happening. Just wasn't sure if that was known info before this

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
It's not impossible that Warner Bros re-engage with Gareth Evans if they decided to get a Deathstroke film project back up and moving again.

Guess this means they'll be recasting Deathstroke whenever he shows up again. Oh well.

I like Joe Manganiello and would like to have seen him in the role too but, with that said, don't be surprised if he turns up in another (non DC) project at some point.

As for the recasting, Warner Bros did just sign Brad Pitt's production company to a multi year, first look deal. Hmmmmm.

#speculation

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
*stands at podium*

I'd just like to say that if this is done right an Amazonian spin-off film wouldn't just be a huge hit but the start of a big ongoing, female fronted, action franchise in it's own right.

screenrant.com

Wonder Woman: Patty Jenkins Doesn't Plan On Directing Amazonian Spinoff Movie

Patty Jenkins won't direct the Amazonian spinoff.

A potential ensemble of Amazon warriors (played by established and rising female stars) tackling gods and monsters on the outskirts of the DCU just screams hit to me.

Thank you for your time.

*steps off podium*

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It's not impossible that Warner Bros re-engage with Gareth Evans if they decided to get a Deathstroke film project back up and moving again.

I like Joe Manganiello and would like to have seen him in the role too but, with that said, don't be surprised if he turns up in another (non DC) project at some point.

As for the recasting, Warner Bros did just sign Brad Pitt's production company to a multi year, first look deal. Hmmmmm.

#speculation
Gareth is too hot of an action director to NOT get him. It's a matter of when, not if, he gets to direct a comic book film.

Hopefully, it's WB since they've reached out to him in the past and used some of his team for BoP, right?

Nov 13, 2017
Trolls target audience: stressed out parents who just want their kids to shut up and stop bugging them. $20 is nothing for some peace.

WW target audience: people who could probably google "wonder woman 1984 free stream" and find a link in minutes after it goes live.

It's not happening.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Besides Ody, who else is willing to watch WW84 or any other big blockbuster movies at home? I'm team theater experience. My speaker system isn't as robust and I don't have a large tv.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with watching at home. I haven't gone to the theater since Godzilla and that movie sucked ass. Not saying WW84 will be bad, but if it's anything like WW1, the spectacle won't be too extravagant. I'll miss out on the 80's inspired soundtrack with cinema surround systems but I'll live.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I actually like watching movies more at home. I have a nice setup with calibrated screen and a great surround sound system, and sometimes I feel like watching a movie on Blu-ray looks and sounds better than theaters.

Also don't have to worry about lousy audiences ruining the movies, which happens sometimes, like this one guy who sat next to me who would not stop talking very loudly during most of Avengers: Endgame, no matter how much I asked him to stop. Also, I just generally don't like going out unless I really need to. Heh.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
At one point Ezra Miller being finished as The Flash was, IMHO, a certainty. Now it seems that's moving a little closer to reality.

www.theilluminerdi.com

The Flash Movie Is Casting A New Iris West: Exclusive - The Illuminerdi

It looks like Kiersey Clemons will no longer be Iris West in the upcoming The Flash movie according to a new casting call for the superhero film.

This turned up in my Twitter feed. I'm not sure how reliable this site is but I could well believe it.

I don't see WB recasting a black actress like Kiersey Clemons unless they were preparing wholesale changes.

We shall see.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
At one point Ezra Miller being finished as The Flash was, IMHO, a certainty. Now it seems that's moving a little closer to reality.

www.theilluminerdi.com

It looks like Kiersey Clemons will no longer be Iris West in the upcoming The Flash movie according to a new casting call for the superhero film.

This turned up in my Twitter feed. I'm not sure how reliable this site is but I could well believe it.

I don't see WB recasting a black actress like Kiersey Clemons unless they were preparing wholesale changes.

We shall see.
Yeah, that seems a bit odd to me.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

www.theilluminerdi.com

We shall see.
WB's silence on the Ezra incident speaks volumes and I'd bet my house that they are keeping Ezra. If they weren't, he would've been outta here.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
WB's silence on the Ezra incident speaks volumes and I'd bet my house that they are keeping Ezra. If they weren't, he would've been outta here.

But Warners don't need to comment, it's even easier than that. They just need to sit it out and then quietly sideline Miller replacing him with someone new. There doesn't need to be a big announcement that attracts lots of negative attention. It'll be as if the whole thing (Ezra as Flash) never happened which, I have a feeling, will be their strategy for replacing Superman too.

"Batman Vs Superman you say? It doesn't ring a bell"......so on and so forth.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Kiersey Clemons Iris joining Sheleine Woodley's Mary Jane as love interest that shot scenes for a film that never saw the light of day.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
But Warners don't need to comment, it's even easier than that. They just need to sit it out and then quietly sideline Miller replacing him with someone new. There doesn't need to be a big announcement that attracts lots of negative attention. It'll be as if the whole thing (Ezra as Flash) never happened which, I have a feeling, will be their strategy for replacing Superman too.

"Batman Vs Superman you say? It doesn't ring a bell"......so on and so forth.
Making a stand against an accused abuser would definitely be better than.... nothing. WB has nothing to lose by coming out and saying "we told this dude to fuck off"(if everything is as the video paints it to be).

WB doesn't really care seeing as they cast Depp right after his allegations came into light. And they haven't said anything about Heard either. Do not be surprised when we see the camera's rolling and Ezra is in front of them.

The one constant through several changes that has happened over the years with The Flash has been Ezra staying on board. If they were giving him the boot, they were given a great PR chance then.

Last edited:

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they want to recast him in the Fantastic Beasts because of the problems they already face with it. So it would've been a blunder to publicly drop him from the Flash, but keep him on something else.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Well they never officially dropped Routh as Superman, they just waited for a while until everyone forgot about Returns, then announced a reboot. So I could see them doing something similar with Flash. On the other hand, I've never seen anyone who really loves Ezra as the Flash. If WB were to announce they were recasting him I doubt anyone would care. So that they haven't come out and said he's gone to me means he's staying. Really I think it's a sunk cost fallacy at this point, they've stuck with him through all his temper tantrums and attempts to rewrite the script, I don't know if they'll drop him now, especially if the rumor they just want to use the Flash to officially reboot the DCEU is true.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The Ezra stuff also isn't as easy as firing him from "just" The Flash, WB also has him in Fantastic Beasts and that series is definitely building him up as one of the most important characters.

EDIT: I see this was already mentioned.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Im hearing good things about the new JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK animated movie, cant wait for it to be available in my country to check it out for myself .