• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
the way things are going, that August release date is looking a bit too optimistic

any impact to the release of Batman considering filming was going on just as the virus hit?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
the way things are going, that August release date is looking a bit too optimistic

any impact to the release of Batman considering filming was going on just as the virus hit?
I don't see how Batman can make its current date at this point

Even if they can catch up once filming resumes WB would probably want to push back Batman to make room for some of its fleeing 2020 blockbusters

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Quoting myself from the Widow thread in OT

Here are the upcoming comic book movies now

Wonder Woman - Aug 2020
Venom 2 - Oct 2020
Black Widow - Nov 2020

Eternals - Feb 2021
Morbius - Mar 2021
Shang-Chi - May 2021
The Batman - June 2021
Spider-Man 3 - July 2021 (maybe)
The Suicide Squad - Aug 2021
Doctor Strange 2 - Nov 2021
Black Adam - Dec 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder - Feb 2022
Shazam! 2 - April 2022
Black Panther 2 - May 2022
The Flash - June 2022
Captain Marvel 2 - July 2022
Aquaman 2 - Dec 2022

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
There's no way WB waits 10 years to do another Justice League. I imagine some big name filmmaker will be interested in doing it in a couple of years.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
There's no way WB waits 10 years to do another Justice League. I imagine some big name filmmaker will be interested in doing it in a couple of years.

I agree . As a brand Justice League is too big to have just sitting on the sidelines for that length of time. If The Batman works and they figure out Superman (I think we already know what they are planning there...) I do think we'll see some kind of ensemble with Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa.

By that time there should be a New Gods film out and (again, assuming all this works) they'll have a Darkseid storyline to work with which inform a new Justice League film.

If not however the question then becomes if WB are going to shelf the Justice League for a decade plus do they start to put together a cinematic Teen Titans/Titans cinematic 'silo' to take their place and let Gadot, Momoa and Battinson just do their own thing in solo films? Do they do both?

As ever, we shall see.

Thing is, they will have to wait into Revees is done with his series

Reeves will know that he has to play ball with a huge studio property like Batman. And while I've no doubt that if/when The Batman is a hit WB will give him the whole of the Gotham cardboard of characters to play with, but ultimately Batman will probably have to turn up somewhere else in the DCU, he's too big not too.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Reeves will know that he has to play ball with a huge studio property like Batman. And while I've no doubt that if/when The Batman is a hit WB will give him the whole of the Gotham cardboard of characters to play with, but ultimately Batman will probably have to turn up somewhere else in the DCU, he's too big not too.
It's strange. I feel like that should absolutely be the case, but because Reeves caught WB at their most desperate during negotiations, I wonder if he has the power to plant his feet and say his and Pattinson's Batman won't ever appear in a group effort.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
It's strange. I feel like that should absolutely be the case, but because Reeves caught WB at their most desperate during negotiations, I wonder if he has the power to plant his feet and say his and Pattinson's Batman won't ever appear in a group effort.

It's not impossible but I would be absolutely stunned if this were the case. Remember that Affleck agreed to 'play ball' (appear in future Justice League films and do his solo Batman films) and he was their favourite son after the Argo Oscar win.

I just think that Batman is too large (the studio's largest IP if Potter isn't at the top) a property to keep away from the larger DCU especially when he's an integral part of the Justice League.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
It's not impossible but I would be absolutely stunned if this were the case. Remember that Affleck agreed to 'play ball' (appear in future Justice League films and do his solo Batman films) and he was their favourite son after the Argo Oscar win.

I just think that Batman is too large (the studio's largest IP if Potter isn't at the top) a property to keep away from the larger DCU especially when he's an integral part of the Justice League.
Yeah for sure, there's no way they would make JL with Batman. I do wonder though if, by the time they figure out the rest of the lineup and wait for the brand damage done by the last attempt, Reeves and Rob will be done with their trilogy

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah for sure, there's no way they would make JL with Batman. I do wonder though if, by the time they figure out the rest of the lineup and wait for the brand damage done by the last attempt, Reeves and Rob will be done with their trilogy

It's entirely possible. But I do think that there's a lot of road between now and then. It's possible we see Pattinson do more than three Batman films (or indeed less!) with new Justice League/DC ensemble films on top of that.

If they don't intend to do another Justice League with Gadot etc then they'll want to fix that void with a slate of something else DC. It could be Bad Robot's Justice League Dark, a Justice Society cinematic silo centred around Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam or perhaps even something unannounced like a theatrical Titans (which is surely a case of when not if) slate of films.

But I have to think that if Warners are moving full speed ahead with this New Gods film then they do intend to do something involving Darkseid within the next decade.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely possible. But I do think that there's a lot of road between now and then. It's possible we see Pattinson do more than three Batman films (or indeed less!) with new Justice League/DC ensemble films on top of that.

If they don't intend to do another Justice League with Gadot etc then they'll want to fix that void with a slate of something else DC. It could be Bad Robot's Justice League Dark, a Justice Society cinematic silo centred around Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam or perhaps even something unannounced like a theatrical Titans (which is surely a case of when not if) slate of films.

But I have to think that if Warners are moving full speed ahead with this New Gods film then they do intend to do something involving Darkseid within the next decade.
Yeah I could definitely see them getting other groups off of the ground first. Black Adam being a stealth JSA film reinforces that thought.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I know better now that fall for internet witch hunts. Let's wait for /her/side of the story.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Well there goes Ezra

The Flash is cursed man lmao
Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I mean Flash would be fucked if Ezra had done something like this after the movie came out. Obviously assaulting someone shouldn't happen at all but better it happen now when Ezra can still be cut loose. Not like he was exactly beloved in the role anyway.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Never understood why Warner Bros seemingly bent over backwards to keep Ezra in the first place. It's like they were trying to make Ezra happen like that weird couple year stretch when all of Hollywood tried to make Taylor Kitsch happen.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Ezra should have been booted off the Flash a long time ago. If his character could also be written out of Fantastic Beasts that would be great too.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The video is weird, no doubt about it. I wasn't sure if it was played for gags at first, but if its serious--this is the easiest decision WB has ever made. Cut bait and move on, Ezra was hardly memorable in JL and they are discarding what didn't work at will anyway. It's a bigger issue for the Potter-verse, where they lined up their character as a major plot point.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
The Internet has spoken

zr5lBny.jpg

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The video is weird, no doubt about it. I wasn't sure if it was played for gags at first, but if its serious--this is the easiest decision WB has ever made. Cut bait and move on, Ezra was hardly memorable in JL and they are discarding what didn't work at will anyway. It's a bigger issue for the Potter-verse, where they lined up their character as a major plot point.

Not exactly a similar situation but WB kept Johnny Depp in Fantastic Beasts after backlash

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, you have to get out and set the record straight if the clip is out of context.. otherwise the internet is going to run wild with this and it's a wrap.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Not exactly a similar situation but WB kept Johnny Depp in Fantastic Beasts after backlash
Wasn't Rowling the one who fought to keep him on? And Depp was and is still one of the most successful actors, the guy who starred in the enormously successful Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. Ezra can't even compare in terms of star power.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, at this point just Flashpoint Gadot , Zac and Mamoa (and Cavill if he's still in) into the Reeves Universe and have every DCCU movie take place there from now on.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Fuck it, at this point just Flashpoint Gadot , Zac and Mamoa (and Cavill if he's still in) into the Reeves Universe and have every DCCU movie take place there from now on.
At this point it looks like only WW, Aquaman, Harley, and whatever SS members Gunn kept will carry forward from Snyder into the new era. Cavill is out, Ray is out, this might cause Ezra to be out, Leto is probably out as well.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
At this point it looks like only WW, Aquaman, Harley, and whatever SS members Gunn kept will carry forward from Snyder into the new era. Cavill is out, Ray is out, this might cause Ezra to be out, Leto is probably out as well.
Ray, Leto and Ezra are most likely out. Cavill is probably up to WB though, he seems to still want to play Superman so I hope WB keeps him.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Got to assume related

Oof. That's definitely related. A lot of Ezra's "antics" might be about to be revealed. WB is about to take a massive L for bending over backwards to appease Ezra if more bad stuff comes out.
Ray, Leto and Ezra are most likely out. Cavill is probably up to WB though, he seems to still want to play Superman so I hope WB keeps him.
Nah compare how they treated Cavill with how they treated Miller. When Cavill came to them with MacQuarrie and did a pitch they passed. When Miller threw a fit because he didn't like the Flash script WB parted with the director and tried to compromise with Miller. Cavill is done, Abrams will probably end up overseeing the reboot which will put a new Superman to go with Battison.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. That's definitely related. A lot of Ezra's "antics" might be about to be revealed. WB is about to take a massive L for bending over backwards to appease Ezra if more bad stuff comes out.

Nah compare how they treated Cavill with how they treated Miller. When Cavill came to them with MacQuarrie and did a pitch they passed. When Miller threw a fit because he didn't like the Flash script WB parted with the director and tried to compromise with Miller. Cavill is done, Abrams will probably end up overseeing the reboot which will put a new Superman to go with Battison.
We'll see what happens I guess but I do hope they work things out. Cavill was born to play Supes.