• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

hqdefault.jpg

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
What does preproduction entail? Can't they do a lot remotely? Script work shops, table reads, etc could all be done via video

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
https://screenrant.com/supergirl-movie-dceu-zack-snyder-michael-shannon/

Michael Shannon is hoping that director Zack Snyder will somehow be involved with the upcoming Supergirl movie. Warner Bros. and DC Films are currently working on introducing Kara Danvers via her own standalone film. Plot details are still scant at the moment, but Oren Uziel was hired to write the script for the project. Since then, there's nothing official yet with regard to casting, but latest rumor claims Shannon is up to reprise his role as General Zod.

Speaking with Gold Coast Bulletin, Shannon was asked about speculation that he'll reprise his role as General Zod in the in-development Supergirl film. The actor was surprised, saying that he wasn't aware that there have been rumors like this. While he didn't say whether or not he'll be game to join the film, he's hoping that Snyder is somehow involved in the project.

"Wow, that's interesting. I swear to God, I am not kidding — you are breaking this news to me. I will have to look into that. Zod again? I don't know — it's been a while. I am a little older and creakier now — I'm not sure I could do all the moves.

"Also, I have to say in complete and utter seriousness that I just loved working with Zack Snyder and that was a big part of it for me. I don't know who's making this Supergirl movie but I really treasure that experience with Zack. He's a hell of a guy."

The last time fans heard, Supergirl was set to begin production early this year, obviously that didn't happen. While almost everything in Hollywood is suspended due to the threat of the coronavirus pandemic, there's also the possibility that the project wasn't really going to begin shooting in the reported time frame. There wasn't any casting or crew news last year, meaning it's probably stuck in development.
i_will_find_him_man_of_steel.gif

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
If Michael Shannon Zod is in Supergirl that means Man of Steel and Cavill Supes are still cannon.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its a baseless rumor that was likely used to bait info. the source looks to be the tabloid type.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Bought Birds of Prey using the Disc + Digital option on Vudu. Planning to watch the movie tomorrow with my siblings.

LAGeYhc.png

luca

Oct 25, 2017

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if it'll even make that date with how things are being handled right now.

Hoping for the best though.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling WW84 won't do stellar either way, since nobody in the US will have money to spare to spend on watching a movie come August.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Finally saw Birds of Prey. Black Mask was great, and Harley had a few moments here and there. The Birds of Prey themselves were all pretty bad. Mediocre would be putting it mildly

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I have a feeling that we're going to see a major rebound at the cinema once some form of normality returns. I think that there will be a lot of pent up demand and the likes of WW84 could be the beneficiary of it. Assuming of course that the August date holds.

Worst case scenario (and I mean in the absolute worst case) I think we see WW84 open in March 2021 on the date currently earmarked for Matrix 4 giving WB FOUR big DC films next year.

I have a feeling WW84 won't do stellar either way, since nobody in the US will have money to spare to spend on watching a movie come August.

If WW84 is going to be a box office disappointment for that reason then so will everything else released for the rest of the year.....

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
I wonder if the Batman production is in serious trouble. A lot of these actors can't just pick up again six months later.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'm thinking Bats slips to Nov 2021

It's not impossible but I think would have to be, again, an absolute worst case scenario for Warners.

I think it's more likely that they move heaven and earth (aka spending a fortune) to get it done for it's current release date.

If Netflix (with the aid of a pillow case stuffed with hundred dollar bills) can get The Irishman, a three hour plus drama FILLED with complex VFX, completed on time for release then I think WB can get this done too.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
At the same time, I think it has the potential to be even bigger. People will want some escapism if things start to calm down around then. I think a colorful and full of hope Wonder Woman movie could be huge. But really it could go either way.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
It's not impossible but I think would have to be, again, an absolute worst case scenario for Warners.

I think it's more likely that they move heaven and earth (aka spending a fortune) to get it done for it's current release date.

If Netflix (with the aid of a pillow case stuffed with hundred dollar bills) can get The Irishman, a three hour plus drama FILLED with complex VFX, completed on time for release then I think WB can get this done too.
The saving grace could be that Reeves doesn't seem to be going for a huge CGI summer blockbuster.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
they should release the snyder cut to keep us sane

I don't see WB releasing the cut anytime this decade but given the 'brand power' around it they should release it as an animated film.

Hell, I bet Snyder would probably be into that. Given the anime influences he used on the likes of Sucker Punch I bet he'd jump at the chance to do a Japanese animation feature based on his JL cut. It would probably be cheaper for WB to knock that out potential anime on VOD than finish up, market and have the Snyder Cut create tons of brand confusion.

The saving grace could be that Reeves doesn't seem to be going for a huge CGI summer blockbuster.

True. I have to think that even though this is an unprecedented situation Warners are working on a 'Plan B' to get everything up to speed. I suppose it's possible that if the VFX work, or even the VFX pre-production, is in an early enough stage they could have people working on it remotely while they wait for the production to catch up.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Wonder Woman hadn't been spoiled and kept under wraps.

The movie would introduce her during Lex's party where she steals Bruce's device. The second time, she meets Bruce and you're inclined to think she's Selina Kyle with how she operates. Third time she opens her e-mail and shows the black and white picture that was uncovered by Bruce. The JL security cam footage is edited out. Fourth time, she leaves the plane while a flight attendant calls her name: "Miss Prince." Audience goes wild. History in the making.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Wonder Woman hadn't been spoiled and kept under wraps.

The movie would introduce her during Lex's party where she steals Bruce's device. The second time, she meets Bruce and you're inclined to think she's Selina Kyle with how she operates. Third time she opens her e-mail and shows the black and white picture that was uncovered by Bruce. The JL security cam footage is edited out. Fourth time, she leaves the plane while a flight attendant calls her name: "Miss Prince." Audience goes wild. History in the making.
I wonder had her movie come out first... would it have made more money? Would BvS had made more?
Today is exactly 4 years ago BvS released in theaters.

source.gif

52f7bcfede91a5a3cb221a22e55b371f.gif

tumblr_phg3u70A031rjjr2to9_500.gifv

tumblr_or7vaf7B2W1r1dti4o8_500.gifv

1eu1afjui5sx.gif
I watched this again last weekend or the weekend before. I'll never not question why they released the TC at all.

And I would love to go back in time and cut the Joly Rancher scene.