• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Just got out. Loved it. Really fun movie with great action and great characters. I could watch it again tonight... I liked it that much. My girl Montoya was awesome in this as was huntress and black canary. Just lovely movie all around. I'll post a more detailed review tomorrow in the OT.

My top 5 so far:

MoS
Aquaman
BoP
Shazam
WW

It may change tomorrow.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
It was a great movie. Fun as hell, well paced, action was well done. Everyone has their moment too.

Now, please let this movie be a success so that Ayer can have GCS ripped from his hands and given to the proper team.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
It was a great movie. Fun as hell, well paced, action was well done. Everyone has their moment too.

Now, please let this movie be a success so that Ayer can have GCS ripped from his hands and given to the proper team.
I think that Ayer is done with GCS no matter what because we've heard nothing about that movie for a minute.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Got BTAS blu ray. Where do i use the digital code??? I usually use movies anywhere but thats only for movies.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Never did a ranking, so here it is :

The Great
1. Man of Steel
2. Batman v Superman UC
3. Aquaman
4. Wonder Woman

The Good
5. Justice League
6. Shazam
7. Birds of Prey

The Bad
8. Suicide Squad

Of course the Snyder Cut will be 2 or 3 ;)

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I love Flash's DCEU costume and helmet.

1uej1a.gif

Last edited:

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Better than Shazam ?

I think it came up a bit short.

Edit: per Wiki

Two weeks before its release, the film grossed $3.3 million from Fandango advance screenings, higher than the $2.9 million made by fellow DCEU film Aquaman the previous December. It then made $5.9 million from Thursday night screenings on April 4, for a combined preview total of $9.2 million.

So better than the Fandango previews, but almost 2 million short of Thursday previews.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Shazam had a 5.9 mil opening for Thursday. Granted they opened earlier at 4 pm.

But still a bummer that this is performing pretty mellow at the box office.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

How ‘Birds Of Prey’ Went Astray With $33M+ Opening – Sunday Final

Warner Bros' DC is hitting a pothole in the road with Birds of Prey, which is on its way to a $33.8 million domestic opening.

Those 13- to 17-year olds who were able to buy a ticket really loved it at 94%, but they only made up 7% of the audience.

Interesting bit. The kids who saw it LOVED it but since it's R rated they can't make up a large portion of the audience. I wonder much better a Pg13 version would have done.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really a bummer. I was saying that WB just doesnt market their movies well anymore imo. They hog trailers, they dont use social media very well. This movie hardly ever trended on Twitter.

Also should have never been r rated. I have no idea why they made it r rated.

Should make profit but disappointing all the same.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
The RT score seems to be in free fall now, down to an 83%. Was to be expected once international critics started to chime in, it's the inverse of Joker. I guess international critics aren't too fond of feminist films.

266121723697430528.png

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So the lesson is, reviews don't matter? SS had shitty reviews yet opened to 135 mil. It's all about that marketing in this day and age. Reviews (and in turn word of mouth) only matter for the following weeks.

Nov 13, 2017
So the lesson is, reviews don't matter? SS had shitty reviews yet opened to 135 mil. It's all about that marketing in this day and age. Reviews (and in turn word of mouth) only matter for the following weeks.
Yeah, the trailers and posters did not reflect the excitement of the actual film. This is a bummer, but I really hope WoM pulls through.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the marketing was worse than Shazam.

WB better not screw up WW84's marketing. Why are they so bad at this?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm guessing March is when the WW84 campaign kicks into gear. Let BoP have it's 3 weeks in the sun, then go all in on WW. I mean, that's 3 months before release and we should have a new trailer ready to go.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
That or people don't care as much about Harley as we thought. If this doesn't perform well I hope WB doesn't overreact. However this should send a signal that they need to get their A-Listers all fixed. DC isn't Marvel yet where the brand is so strong people went to see GOTG because it was a MCU film.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
That or people don't care as much about Harley as we thought. If this doesn't perform well I hope WB doesn't overreact. However this should send a signal that they need to get their A-Listers all fixed. DC isn't Marvel yet where the brand is so strong people went to see GOTG because it was a MCU film.
Who's ready for the possibility of another Suicide Squad movie that gets meddled with?

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Also the interconnected aspect of marvel films help market other movies within the franchise. Keeping DC films 'detached' from an interconnected universe is both a blessing and a curse. We get some really creative films that do well critically but also they might do badly at the BO.

And yeah WB needs to bring back Superman pronto.

Who's ready for the possibility of another Suicide Squad movie that gets meddled with?

Some people on the box office forum are losing their minds over the possibility of WB getting involved in The Suicide Squad and making it PG-13 if this one fails.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
It's rumored to be.

I don't know, this all is just bumming me out. DC finally starts making good movies and no one goes out to see them.

The general audience sucks sometimes.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Unfortunately, positive reviews don't matter if the marketing campaign has failed to sell the appeal of a movie.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll care too much about BO numbers and RT scores. It's not like it's bombing. As long as you liked the movie, who cares?

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
Dc has to go through is mcu phase 1. Those first mcu films barely made anything but they built up with each film with good reception. That's What will Happen with the Shazam sequel and hopefully the continuation of birds of prey. I'm hoping birds gets to at least 300 million then I think it's safe

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I care because this stuff is cyclical. If it under-performs then it may not get a sequel or spin off with these characters. Even worse, it may cause WB to panic and interfere with the upcoming movies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

I would love to see any of the bop characters interact with Robert Pattinson.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it might be
With a budget of under $100m, I doubt it.

I care because this stuff is cyclical. If it under-performs then it may not get a sequel or spin off with these characters. Even worse, it may cause WB to panic and interfere with the upcoming movies.
Harley is too big to fail. I'd agree if the old leadership was still making the decisions, but they're pretty much abandoning the cinematic universe now. Would be funny though if they're going do a 180 and make Suicide Squad family friendly. Again.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
With a budget of under $100m, I doubt it.

Harley is too big to fail. I'd agree if the old leadership was still making the decisions, but they're pretty much abandoning the cinematic universe now. Would be funny though if they're going do a 180 and make Suicide Squad family friendly. Again.
I hope you're right. I'm banking on word of mouth being good hopefully