• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
lol but they're so one-sided!

Yeah, DC is on the come up.

I think this puts us near or at more good movies than bad, haha.
Bad: BvS, SS, JL, MoS?
Good: WW, Aquabro, Captain Sparklefist, BoP (and Joker if you want to go non DCU)
The bad movies were mostly REALLY bad while the good ones seem to be REALLY good.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Good: WW, Aquabro, Captain Sparklefist, BoP (and Joker if you want to go non DCU)
The bad movies were mostly REALLY bad while the good ones seem to be REALLY good.
MoS would put as neutral
Just from a critical standpoint, I believe it is or was exactly 50

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
ObviousMajesticAnophelesmosquito-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Also it ignores in the interim, DC also did The LEGO Batman Movie and Teen Titans Go to The Movies, which are both fantastic.

And too many people sleep on the latter!

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
MoS and BvS were good imo.

SS and JL were the only true disasters, and mostly due to studio interference.

Nov 13, 2017
Compare how quiet the OT thread is compared to the thread where people could sh*t on the move without anyone having seen it yet. What a surprise!

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to say BoP has better legs than Shazam!

I love Shazam!, but it just wasn't an audience for it that didn't know what it is

I think Shazam 2 does well now that people know what it is
There's also 1 movie of note coming out for the rest of the month and it's Sonic.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hmm, looking at the February releases, it's not crazy that BoP can be #1 for 4 weeks straight. Good reviews and word of mouth will probably keep it from dropping off a cliff in week 2 or 3. Sonic's audience is totally different and I just don't see it making more than 20 mil opening weekend.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, looking at the February releases, it's not crazy that BoP can be #1 for 4 weeks straight. Good reviews and word of mouth will probably keep it from dropping off a cliff in week 2 or 3. Sonic's audience is totally different and I just don't see it making more than 20 mil opening weekend.
Sonic has the benefit of being a notable family film and there hasn't been one of those in a minute. It could open higher than BoP that weekend.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think Sonic takes the crown next week, I think depending on WoM/legs, it will be a battle 3rd week

Also may be in minority, but I'm looking forward to The Invisible Man and think will open well.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sonic takes the crown next week, I think depending on WoM/legs, it will be a battle 3rd week

Also may be in minority, but I'm looking forward to The Invisible Man and think will open well.
Eventually a horror movie has to do well this year. Why not Invisible Man?! (I like the twist they did on the story.)

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Er wait, yeah. I forgot that Detective Pikachu opened to 50 mil. And if BoP opens to 50 mil, it'll only be at 25 mil (at most) on it's 2nd week. Guess Sonic could beat that now that I think about it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
As excited as I am seeing my boy Riddler in The Batman, I tend to get giddy when Falcone is involved. I agree with whoever enjoyed the first season of the Gotham show, and I hope The Batman will feature some territorial fighting in Gotham.

I'm also rewatching Suicide Squad: Director's Cut and it's oh so good 20 minutes in. I never picked up on Harley Quinn being an accomplice to Robin's death, and I would have liked to see more of her reign over a Gotham but without Joker. Batfleck also really got to clean up good scaring away Killer Croc and locking up both Deadshot and Harley. Loving the Flash cameo too. I always love a Flash cameo. I like how the music's integrated, especially when it sings "Ah! Ah! Ah!" at every target Deadshot has just hit. Also how he addresses his demands, not to Rick, but to his boss lol. Enchantress is still cool. But how dumb is it of Amanda Waller to be storing her brother in as insecure a place as her own apartment.

So since Argus created the Task Force X in the absence of a Superman doing the heavy load, will they want to utilize such a suicide squad now that he's back alive after Justice League. Hell they got multiple heroes now. I wonder what threat in The Suicide Squad makes them wanna use bad guys again.

Okay, second act is kinda weak with them just strolling through the streets to get to their objective. Enchantress' brother is also major eh. Third act got worse. This movie gets worse the further into it you get. Fight between El Diablo and Brother was real bad. But I liked the group against Enchantress although it had way too many cuts and editing making it hard to see things. Movie was a little too convoluted for its own good, especially with the whole Enchanctress escape reveal and the hidden info's in Waller's folder.

Movie wasn't that good.

Last edited:

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Harley quinn ? more like.. eh.. Harley kino !

sorry, sorry, had to get it out of my system .

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Action Movie Anatomy just livestreamed this two hours ago:

Both Ben and Andrew watched the UC for the first time and liked it more than the TC.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Suicide Squad have some wonderful moments besides the first 30 minutes. I think my favorite scene is when Deadshot shoots but misses Harley, and she then plays dead on the rope. Deadshot turning himself over to the police in front of his daughter and Batman without a fight was great too.

Probably gonna catch Birds of Prey tomorrow if I can find time for it.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
What also makes me excited is knowing that Christina Hodson is writing Batgirl and of course The Flash. She clearly understands characterization very well, something that some DC films have been missing for quite some time. DC is in very good hands and she seems very happy to stick around. Maybe she can write a DC Black film next.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
What also makes me excited is knowing that Christina Hodson is writing Batgirl and of course The Flash. She clearly understands characterization very well, something that some DC films have been missing for quite some time. DC is in very good hands and she seems very happy to stick around. Maybe she can write a DC Black film next.
I knew about her writing Batgirl but not about the Flash. Nice!