• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Can we made this the banner?

dZ7Ttx6.jpg

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Having the thread banner be Snyder's fesssing up about his love of dildos is a bold choice , we really are the BvS of community threads .

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Aquaman is debuting here on the 13th, Thursday. So far one theater nearby is showing it but it's all IMAX 3D (and I think they still charge separate for the glasses @o@)
Alternatively one theater that is a 30ish minute drive from my workplace has it 2D IMAX and if I leave work early I could reach the theatre in time to watch the movie.
🤔

Couchpotato

Nov 7, 2018
Just got back from movie theater in Shanghai. The crowd really liked it across the board. A surprising amount of women in the audience compared to the other superhero films I've seen here. Like well over half of the audience. My GF definitely approved of the lead - she practically dragged me to the theater. I walked away from it pretty let down, but I've been burnt out of super hero movies in general around the second Iron Man.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from movie theater in Shanghai. The crowd really liked it across the board. A surprising amount of women in the audience compared to the other superhero films I've seen here. Like well over half of the audience. My GF definitely approved of the lead - she practically dragged me to the theater. I walked away from it pretty let down, but I've been burnt out of super hero movies in general around the second Iron Man.
Ahaha Momoa gets butts in seats

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Aquaman is really overperforming estimates in China

It's on track to outgross the lifetime (not opening) of every DCEU film in its first 3-4 days

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Also Aquaman is out, which means for the first time we made it through an entire development cycle, pretty much with no hiccups

The only thing was that brief moment when folks started saying Wan was off Aquaman.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Here's hoping the GLC movie at least has Jessica and they put Hal on ice as well
The best way to make everyone happy would be to have John and Jessica as partners and have Hal there as a veteran or retired Lantern.

My personal dislike of Hal aside, I think using him just doesn't align with where WB is going (more diverse characters, more women). That said, the guy does have his fans and even I would feel weird if he were just totally absent.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Since y'all are in high spirits over Plastic Man getting more momentum than Man of Steel 2, here's a clip of Amy Adams saying she thinks she's out of the DC Universe, and that they're revamping things, but she doesn't know any details

Her and Cavill are both gone imo. Supes will get rebooted with Bats. At least I'll never have to sit though Eisenberg's awful Lex again.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
They'll want back in when they see Aquaman and Shazam doing well. They be like "it was just a joke❤️ Of course we're still here."

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Aquaman is really overperforming estimates in China

It's on track to outgross the lifetime (not opening) of every DCEU film in its first 3-4 days

That's my King! So happy to see him doing great, fuck all the people who spout Superfriends jokes. Arthur is a fucking great character who is finally getting his due.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
DC is always going to look like a fuck up with their most popular characters in perpetual limbo. The sooner Reeves Batman goes into production the better

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The best way to make everyone happy would be to have John and Jessica as partners and have Hal there as a veteran or retired Lantern.

My personal dislike of Hal aside, I think using him just doesn't align with where WB is going (more diverse characters, more women). That said, the guy does have his fans and even I would feel weird if he were just totally absent.

I'd be fine with Jessica with any of John, Kyle, or Simon, but I realize the odds of Simon ever showing up on the big screen are slim to none. Hal as an absent almost mythological type character would be an interesting take, play up the Best Lantern Ever angle have it where he disappeared in the aftermath of some Crisis.

Johns is writing it, so they won't :/

It's definitely gonna Hal and John

Johns did create Jessica, so I could see him pushing for her inclusion.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
DC is always going to look like a fuck up with their most popular characters in perpetual limbo. The sooner Reeves Batman goes into production the better

Naw
If you're able to get other franchises going, it won't matter if in limbo.

Same way folks just kind of go with the TV verse

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Some interesting tidbits in the replies, including WB pushing hard to keep Ben involved in some capacity, but Reeves wouldn't budge

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

In the Bronco Cut, he's Hank Henshaw. Little ADR here and there, it'll work!

My ideal setup is a Hal in his 40s, who went rogue to track down Sinestro in some uncharted sectors, with the thrust of the story trying to track him down. You have John as the leader of the expedition, experienced, who knew and worked with Hal in the past. Jessica is year three or so of the gig, with Kyle tagging along as her partner, who literally just arrives and is thrown into it. Then not to be too human heavy, throw Kilowog and Arisa in there. Maybe they pick up Saint Walker along their journey.

I think from the outset they need to establish that they Guardians are flawed, possibly with Manhunters being the main antagonist force, and that other rings exist around the universe.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, you'll get your Lethal Weapon in space with Hal/John and you'll like it.

I'm up for whatever John and future director take is tbh

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Momoa on Affleck and Cavill being out

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jason-momoa-ben-affleck-henry-cavill-dc-comics_us_5c08304de4b069028dc62d6e said:
"If they're both out, then listen: It's just the place they're at in their careers. I mean, how many has Henry done? He's done three?" Momoa said. "Yeah, I mean, like, you want to move on. I think if I did... shit, I have done three."

"I mean, Henry wants to just expand on something," he said. "Ben is an amazing director that is of age, and probably he's done enough. I don't know how to speak on behalf of them, but I had the time of my life [on 'Justice League']."

"Henry is the gentlemen who taught me when I came on not knowing anything. I'm like the ruffian hooligan, and he's just like, 'There's kids watching,' and I'm like, 'Oh, yeah. My bad.' He is totally 100 percent the Superman for me."

Momoa on Mr. Snyder

"Really, like, I'm a soul mate with him. He's family. I'm very indebted to that man. I invited him to my wedding. I told him to look around on my property and the things I barely held onto, because there were moments in my career where you can't put food on the table. Not being picky and choosy, but it's hard to make it in this business. I looked at him, and I said, 'You see these things? These would've never, ever, ever have happened if it wasn't for you.' So Zack has a huge part of my heart."

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably an exception in that I really liked Amy Adams as Lois, at least in MoS and BvS. Granted, I like Adams in everything. But stuff like her investigating and figuring out Clark's identity is great.

Oct 25, 2017
Naw
If you're able to get other franchises going, it won't matter if in limbo.

Same way folks just kind of go with the TV verse

It looks like it'll be to WB and DC's strength to focus on other characters and characters the general public doesn't know much about. Listen I love Batman, but we've seen a lot of him over the years. A LOT. Superman to a lesser extent. WW never graced the big screen and her movie did well.

Aquaman hasn't been taken serious by the general public and this movie is looking to change that. Shazam is another one that the general public doesn't know much about, but the the movie just looks like good fun for the family.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Between Spider-Verse getting incredible praise and seeing this tweet,

It's a reminder that Lord&Miller were involved with The Flash before WB execs did their thing.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Looking around on social media, between the Synder nuts and the MCU fanboys who are legit seething at Aquaman doing well, the embargo lifting is gonna be a shit show.

............Can't wait.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
People are already looking up for the least generous and most cynical interpretation of the statement " this is a fun movie " .

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
In the Aquaman China BO thread, someone already said he's not going to watch it because of BvS.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
This girl I just started dating wants to do a DECU marathon in lead up to Aquaman (we got tix for the 15th). She's only seen Wonder Woman, but our schedules are crazy this week so we won't be able to knock them all out. Gonna do Man of Steel tomorrow then BvS:UC Wed or Thurs, JL on Saturday afternoon, Aquaman Saturday night.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they leave to do Solo

I don't think that's a WB blame

I don't believe so. Their involvement was akin to Spider-verse, in that it would've been written and produced by them. Solo shut the door on them directing Flash or Spider-Verse, but whereas Spider-verse kept them in the process with other directors helming, The Flash was a clean break.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Looking around on social media, between the Synder nuts and the MCU fanboys who are legit seething at Aquaman doing well, the embargo lifting is gonna be a shit show.

............Can't wait.

Some of those MCU fanatics are forreal weird. Like, what an absolutely amazing year for Marvel stuff. Black Panther was above and beyond, made $700M domestic, super strong critical reception, will be nominated for an Oscar; Infinity War was massive, biggest OW domestic, $2B worldwide; outside of MCU you have a great Spider-Man game, a great Spider-verse movie, a great final season of Daredevil... and yet they seem more concerned with Aquaman finding success as well. I mean, they're fringe weidos like the Snyder or Bust folks, but still, they're on this shit:

BIWxYYyCIAAYh_6.jpg

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Some of those MCU fanatics are forreal weird. Like, what an absolutely amazing year for Marvel stuff. Black Panther was above and beyond, made $700M domestic, super strong critical reception, will be nominated for an Oscar; Infinity War was massive, biggest OW domestic, $2B worldwide; outside of MCU you have a great Spider-Man game, a great Spider-verse movie, a great final season of Daredevil... and yet they seem more concerned with Aquaman finding success as well. I mean, they're fringe weidos like the Snyder or Bust folks, but still, they're on this shit:

BIWxYYyCIAAYh_6.jpg
Yup. It's why I never bought the whole "People only rag on DC cause they want good movies" thing from a lot of folks. I think it's definitely true for the average person, but for the stans who tie their personal identities to these films? It's just like how the console warriors over on gaming side will shit on whatever hot new exclusive is coming out for the other system(s). "My favorite thing is the only thing allowed to succeed/be liked."

The thing about Marvel and DC that makes it extra annoying is that due to one being so loved and the constantly dumped for so long on is that conversations and comparisons about the two seem to become instantly combative.

People have just gotten so weird about these movies and I'm at a point where I'm just laughing at it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This girl I just started dating wants to do a DECU marathon in lead up to Aquaman (we got tix for the 15th). She's only seen Wonder Woman, but our schedules are crazy this week so we won't be able to knock them all out. Gonna do Man of Steel tomorrow then BvS:UC Wed or Thurs, JL on Saturday afternoon, Aquaman Saturday night.
Marry her.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Between Spider-Verse getting incredible praise and seeing this tweet,

It's a reminder that Lord&Miller were involved with The Flash before WB execs did their thing.

I doubt WB exec "did their thing". WB would lay out a red carpet and sacrifice a thousand Zack Snyders for a Lord and Miller Flash

Didn't they leave to do Solo

I don't think that's a WB blame

Also this. They thought they chose up until that whole debacle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.