• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
BIRDS OF PREY, woohoo!

Tickets been available here for a good week, and nobody's buying tickets. Nine tickets been sold for the premiere total at the most popular cinema here, and there's room for a thousand for each showing, they got four showings. Thankfully our market isn't influential.

I'll try be there day one myself. If not, day two.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Since Geoff was demoted by Tsujihara and Emmerich, you trust their judgement?Especially when they are majority of the reason to blame for the situation regarding JL? Good to know.

Geoff Johns wasn't demoted. Both he and Berg (who was always a well respected studio executive about town) transitioned into producing deals (third party contractors not directly employed by the studio) at Warner Bros which can be much, much more lucrative than being an executive at a film studio. Both were placed as co-heads of DC Films by Greg Silveman. Silverman was fired and Emmerich replaced him.

Tsujihara was of course fired to be replaced by Anne Sarnoff.

Toby Emmerich was the one that appointed Walter Hamada in the first place as he was part of his team when he ran New Line.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I don't but the results speak for themselves. Critically acclaimed DC films babe.

robbie-2-637x397.jpg
Which Geoff has his hands in also as you will soon find out.
GeoffJohns0.jpg

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
It's been 2 days and I'm still the only one that bought tix for BoP at my screening, lol. 300 seats and I have the only 6 tickets for a 7:45pm Friday night showing. Yeesh.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if Geoff is in an executive position or not. I just need him to be a lore and story guide/screenwriter.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Johns has (largely) moved to TV. He has a writing-producing deal with WB. He co-wrote WW84, but he is not producing. Most of his stuff is now with Berlanti, who he's been a long-time collaborator on the Arrowverse stuff. He is exec. producing most of the current TV stuff: Doom Patrol, Titan, Batwoman, Stargirl, and the new Superman show. Green Lantern on HBO Max is his, though that seems to have backburnered the film. It seems like he'll have less impact on the film side of things, but he's still involved.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Johns has (largely) moved to TV. He has a writing-producing deal with WB. He co-wrote WW84, but he is not producing. Most of his stuff is now with Berlanti, who he's been a long-time collaborator on the Arrowverse stuff. He is exec. producing most of the current TV stuff: Doom Patrol, Titan, Batwoman, Stargirl, and the new Superman show. Green Lantern on HBO Max is his, though that seems to have backburnered the film. It seems like he'll have less impact on the film side of things, but he's still involved.
His company is producing WW84.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
John's doesnt get enough credit but he helped patty with WW & the sequel. Aquaman and Shazam definitely were definitely under his reign but Hamada got credit for those just because John's wasn't the dc films president at the time of their respective releases. Legion of Doom was probably his idea too which I would've liked to see.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
They cast Depp in one of the largest franchises in the height on the controversy. So that should tell you where they stand on that issue.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they leaned hard on the sci-fi aspect. Especially the scenes on Krypton.
The more I watch Man of Steel, the more I get entranced by Krypton.

The people of Krypton used genetic engineering for their newborns to create and design a society. They have flourished this way until their planet eventually collapsed. Jor-El tells us Kal-El is the first naturally born baby since centuries. Kryptonians don't have sex. At least not for reproduction.

I wonder if Goyer meant to tell us something here. That democracy doesn't work when people don't vote for their best interests, are lied to or manipulated by the people in power. We've seen this time and time again. It's only going to get worse in the digital age. Simply put, we're regressing as a society.

Maybe Goyer is trying to say this is the Great Filter. And that Jor-El naively believes his son can pull us up from falling, unbeknown Batman v Superman is the sequel to Man of Steel.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
The more I watch Man of Steel, the more I get entranced by Krypton.

The people of Krypton used genetic engineering for their newborns to create and design a society. They have flourished this way until their planet eventually collapsed. Jor-El tells us Kal-El is the first naturally born baby since centuries. Kryptonians don't have sex. At least not for reproduction.

I wonder if Goyer meant to tell us something here. That democracy doesn't work when people don't vote for their best interests, are lied to or manipulated by the people in power. We've seen this time and time again. It's only going to get worse in the digital age. Simply put, we're regressing as a society.

Maybe Goyer is trying to say this is the Great Filter. And that Jor-El naively believes his son can pull us up from falling, unbeknown Batman v Superman is the sequel to Man of Steel.
I always felt they were going for a "nature vs nurture" theme with Kal El.

We see that everyone on Krypton is a test tube baby. Nobody has sex anymore. Either they're above it, or their way is just more efficient. Either way, each child has a predetermined role.

But we see Kal El is the first baby born in Centuries. What does that mean? Why is it significant? He still has a predetermined role; his father said he'd be a god to humans. Kal can make them a better people. But it's still Kal's choice.

The movie attempts to tell us that no matter who his parents are, it's ultimately up to Kal on how he wants to live his life. How he wants to shape his own future. How he wants the world to see him. And he struggles with this choice throughout the film until the invasion.

It's a beautiful theme they picked up from the new 52 but still think it could have been executed a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.