• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Original reports were between $75 to $85 million (including California tax credits). Reshoots may have added another $5-10 million since then. For comarison, Shazam! was their lowest-budgeted movie at between $80 and $100 million.

Should make a profit easily.
Most recent reports still say 75 million so I'm guessing either under budget or the reshoots were already in the budget

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I have no worries about BOP success compared to their budget. Unless it's a complete stinker, it'll do fine on name alone imo.

Oct 25, 2017
Pattinson is young and likes money. If his experience is positive as Bats, I'm sure he'll keep doing it.

Pattinson purposefully avoided doing blockbusters for the better part of the past decade after Twilight was over and deliberately threw himself into tons of arthouse films to challenge himself as an actor.

Right now I'm not at all thinking he'll agree to play Batman in a bunch of spinoff films. If it happens, it'll be a pleasant surprise. For now, let's just focus on the films we know we're getting with him.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Pattinson purposefully avoided doing blockbusters for the better part of the past decade after Twilight was over and deliberately threw himself into tons of arthouse films to challenge himself as an actor.

Right now I'm not at all thinking he'll agree to play Batman in a bunch of spinoff films. If it happens, it'll be a pleasant surprise. For now, let's just focus on the films we know we're getting with him.
Define a bunch..because isn't he in a contract for more than just 3 movies? There is no way they didn't contract him for the possibility of more

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Birds of Prey will EASILY get 100 million IMO.

Also, while I don't think that Battinson would appear in like spinoff shows and movies, I can see him cameo'ing in batfamily movies and being in Justice League movies. There's no way they got a new Batman and made it so that he's only here for three movies.

Oct 25, 2017

Also, while I don't think that Battinson would appear in like spinoff shows and movies, I can see him cameo'ing in batfamily movies and being in Justice League movies. There's no way they got a new Batman and made it so that he's only here for three movies.

I'm not expecting to see Battinson in a Justice League film right now. Cameoing in Batfamily movies is a maybe, but considering how we already know that Matt Reeves' film is set in the relatively present day and focuses on an early years Batman, I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing the full extended family.

Right now, as it stands, we're facing two different canon worlds for DC live action films. The existing DCEU, which still seems to feature an older Batman at the end of his career (albeit now missing for a few years in BoP apparently), and this new world where Battinson will be at.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I'm not expecting to see Battinson in a Justice League film right now. Cameoing in Batfamily movies is a maybe, but considering how we already know that Matt Reeves' film is set in the relatively present day and focuses on an early years Batman, I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing the full extended family.

Right now, as it stands, we're facing two different canon worlds for DC live action films. The existing DCEU, which still seems to feature an older Batman at the end of his career (albeit now missing for a few years in BoP apparently), and this new world where Battinson will be at.

Once the film becomes a success WB's going to drive a dump truck full of money on his doorstep to change his mind lol

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017

Agreed. I feel like a lot of people have been underestimating the three day opening of BOP given that it's opening in the same window as the first Deadpool film and is a perfect Valentines date movie.

There is no older Batman in some other 'canon' within the DCU. Affleck is finished, Pattinson is the Batman in the DCU. End of story.

There's no way WB would bring in an actor that wasn't prepared to play Batman for the next ten years at least. Pattinson will get to go off and do smaller films in between his DC commitments and the studio will have no hesitation in paying him whatever he wants when it's time to re-up his deal if he's a hit in the role.

The same goes for Gal Gadot whenever her deal comes up for renewal.

Oct 25, 2017
There is no older Batman in some other 'canon' within the DCU. Affleck is finished, Pattinson is the Batman in the DCU. End of story.

Not true.

Affleck's Batman is still the existing one in the DCEU. He's just 'missing,' as per a synopsis for Birds of Prey (and will continue to be missing from here on out for obvious meta reasons). So between that and the fact that BoP is still referencing Jared Leto's Joker as being the one Harley's broken up with, I'm guessing that also means it's a world that's had a Batman in it for many years now.

And considering Pattinson's Batman also exists in the present day and takes place in the relatively early days of his career, it means that Pattinson's Batman is not Batfleck and also that his world isn't the same as the DCEU currently.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Batman's missing thing is just an excuse to why he won't be involved because they didn't have a Batman while filming.

Oct 25, 2017
Batman's missing thing is just an excuse to why he won't be involved because they didn't have a Batman while filming.

Well, no, from what it sounds like, the BoP Batman's been missing for two years. Kinda hard for it to be Pattinson's Batman, who's only been on the job for three years so far.

Or maybe the Flash movie will explain Batman... They can use that to switch Batmans.

This is your best bet for a canonical explanation of Battinson meeting the rest of the DCEU. That or Warner Bros taking a Fox approach and just throwing canon out the window after all of this and having Battinson meet up with the other characters with no mention how their world previously had a Batman in it that'd been running around in Gotham for 20 years.

Right now though, as it currently stands, I don't see him crossing paths with the rest of the crew.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, no, from what it sounds like, the BoP Batman's been missing for two years. Kinda hard for it to be Pattinson's Batman, who's only been on the job for three years so far.

This is your best bet for a canonical explanation of Battinson meeting the rest of the DCEU. That or Warner Bros taking a Fox approach and just throwing canon out the window after all of this and having Battinson meet up with the other characters with no mention how their world previously had a Batman in it that'd been running around in Gotham for 20 years.

Right now though, as it currently stands, I don't see him crossing paths with the rest of the crew.

This is pretty much what I thought. In fact they could go further and use that movie to end Batflecks Batman making way for Batttinson. I think that would be nice but as always we dont anything yet.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

Not that hard when we don't know when BoP and Batman takes place.

(And we don't have a concrete number on Pattison's Batman experience)

Oct 25, 2017
Not that hard when we don't know when BoP and Batman takes place.

BoP seems to take place in the present day, and set photos for The Batman point towards it being set sometime in the last 10-ish or so years at most, if not the present day.

A concrete number, no, but we know it's early-ish days in Bruce's career. THR reported last year that "It helped that this new Batman needed to conform to a defined age bracket. He is written as around 30 years old, and the story is neither another rehashing of his origin nor the tale of a seasoned crimefighter ruling Gotham City. He is Bruce Wayne still trying to find his footing on his way to becoming the genius detective."

This just doesn't seem to be the same Batman as the one that apparently exists in BoP.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just don't see Pattinson dedicating more than 8 years of his life to the franchise. He doesn't seem like the type.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Didn't the BOP director say it was an "alternate" timeline or something? It's pretty clear at this point that DC's Films have little to no continuity with each other. They may very well just use Battison without bothering to try to "explain" how he could be there.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
There is no one timeline or one universe in DCEU anymore.

Let's have Henry Cavill meeting CW Superman next.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah here's the link. I think people who are worried about continuity are overthinking it. They'll put Battison in with the rest and just ignore continuity.

Hm. Thanks for sharing that.

Definitely clears the room a bit for him to cross paths with other DC actors eventually, but I'm still not expecting to see Battinson in non-Batman films right now. We'll see what happens in due time.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
So is Suicide Squad dos part of the BoP timeline?

I don't see why not. There will probably be a post credit scene in either BOP or WW84 setting up Harley Quinn being recaptured by Amanda Waller so that it plays straight into Gunn's TSS. I mean it's possible that Gunn does it 'in film' but given how post credit scenes are now firmly part of the genre I'd think the studio will set it up that way.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why not. There will probably be a post credit scene in either BOP or WW84 setting up Harley Quinn being recaptured by Amanda Waller so that it plays straight into Gunn's TSS. I mean it's possible that Gunn does it 'in film' but given how post credit scenes are now firmly part of the genre I'd think the studio will set it up that way.
That would be pretty cool, I guess we will hear about it soon if it is a part of BoP.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
That "parallel timeline" quote from Yan was stupid. I hate when directors do that during interviews because they're not getting across what they mean. This movie CLEARLY takes place after the SS movie. The things that happen in it will affect and be cannon for the DCEU movies going forward including Gunn's SS.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Wait why? Was it confirmed she's in jail for squad 2?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
That "parallel timeline" quote from Yan was stupid. I hate when directors do that during interviews because they're not getting across what they mean. This movie CLEARLY takes place after the SS movie. The things that happen in it will affect and be cannon for the DCEU movies going forward including Gunn's SS.
Does DC even have a continuity anymore? We can't be so sure anymore with the new direction.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Swamp Thing I liked it--great trashy fun. I've watched this, seasons 1 and 2 of Titans, most of season 1 of Arrow, and whatever they have aired of Batwoman so far, and .... of course DC cancels the best one.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Wait why? Was it confirmed she's in jail for squad 2?

Not as far as I'm aware but she's essentially the protagonist in the film so I doubt she's going to pop up half an hour in after we've established that everyone else is in jail. It's possible that they meet up with her in some capacity or perhaps even the opening sequence is a 'Skwad' recapturing HQ.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Swamp Thing I liked it--great trashy fun. I've watched this, seasons 1 and 2 of Titans, most of season 1 of Arrow, and whatever they have aired of Batwoman so far, and .... of course DC cancels the best one.
It sounds like you haven't watched Doom Patrol, which is the actual best one
Not as far as I'm aware but she's essentially the protagonist in the film so I doubt she's going to pop up half an hour in after we've established that everyone else is in jail. It's possible that they meet up with her in some capacity or perhaps even the opening sequence is a 'Skwad' recapturing HQ.
She's the main protag? Hmm interesting.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Photos of Pattinson and Farrell from today. First HQ photos of them since filming began.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.webp

Oct 25, 2017
Was scrolling through IMDb just now and saw Michael Jai White played Bronze Tiger on Arrow. So now I guess I have to watch the entire series.

Status
Not open for further replies.