• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the idea of Flashpoint better than the actual Flashpoint. So someone using the barebones and repurposing it into a better story would be awesome
Yeah, it doesn't have to be a literal adaptation just like TDKR isn't a literal adaptation of Knightfall.

Flashpoint can teach Barry the dangers of time travel and introduce the multiverse at the same time.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I posted that yesterday :(

Oh, didn't see it.

Sorry.

Things get reposted in here all the time. :(

Here's Supes owning the League

heieheuehehe

6QJWU7S.gif

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Interview with Black Canary

MC: What was the audition and casting process for Black Canary like?
JSB:
It was a role my manager actually had first mentioned to me. Initially, they weren't so interested in me even auditioning because I wasn't available—I was shooting Lovecraft Country for HBO, which was a direct conflict [Smollett-Bell's upcoming HBO horror drama, created by Jordan Peele and Misha Green]. Then, Misha said to me 'Aren't they casting for Birds of Prey?' I talked to her about it. I was, 'Yeah. It really sucks. They won't even let me audition for it because I'm not going to be available.' She said, 'Bitch, go after it!'

I went to my manager and my agents and said, 'Listen, Misha said I should go for it and that there's a chance they actually won't be shooting during that time.' I did a self-tape in Chicago while I was shooting the pilot for Lovecraft Country; they weren't telling us what the character was, but we had assumed it was Black Canary. I knew her from Injustice 2, the video game, which I played once in a while with my husband. Honestly, when I did the audition, I just thought All right. I'm going to do this, but they're never going to cast me. Then, I sent the tape in and they responded to it very enthusiastically and asked if I could come to L.A. to meet with the director, Cathy Yan. That went well. They asked for me to do a chemistry read with Margot [Robbie]. That went well. Then, they asked for me to screen test at Warner Bros., which was a grueling day. They were mixing and matching all of us girls into different pairings to see what the best chemistry was. I think I ended up doing this one scene over 30 times because there were so many different pairings. Black Canary was just so second nature to me. I just inherently understood her.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man Civil War or Avengers 2.5 was so dope. I agree that it might just be Flashpoint in name only and maybe take some small elements but definitely none of the violence.

I watched the cartoon on Netflix, it horrifying.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The animated movie is actually more light-hearted, since everything reverts back in the end and you get an emotional scene with Barry delivering the letter to Bruce.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The animated movie is actually more light-hearted, since everything reverts back in the end and you get an emotional scene with Barry delivering the letter to Bruce.

Well not reverts back, it has a new continuity

Just ever so subtle with the new costumes and stuff. And harder to care since not an "old" continuity rebooting.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
The 'danger' of the movie was an obvious PR play by the studio. It worked. Not really something to be celebrated.
I don't think the studio would have been that involved in something so crazy, but hey I don't work in advertising lol so 🤷‍♀️. I mean the FBI and army warnings were pretty outlandish for movie hype.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

"It's going to span several decades on focus on two stories about Green Lanterns on Earth" as well as one in space "going into the Sinestro story" said the programming boss. Sinestro is a former Green Lantern Corps member who was dishonorably discharged for abusing his power. He is the archenemy of Hal Jordan and founder of the Sinestro Corps.

WHY WAS IT A PRIORITY TO HAVE THE DC MOVIES' FLASH, EZRA MILLER, MAKE A CAMEO?
"It's not that it wasn't a priority, but it was something that only became a possibility for us after we wrapped the crossover," Guggenheim shares. "The crossover was done, we had finished. And then I got a phone call from [Warner Bros. TV chief] Peter Roth saying, 'Would it be possible…? Could we logistically and creatively make it happen?' I said, 'Absolutely!' But that was something that was presented to us by the Warner Bros./DC organization. Peter said to me, 'How are you going to do this?' and I said, 'I have no earthly idea. You've just thrown me this amazing ball!'
"Why move heaven and earth to make this happen after you've already wrapped production on the crossover? The answer is 'because it's really friggin' cool!'"

DID EZRA MILLER NEED TO BE SNEAKED ONTO SET, AWAY FROM THE PAPARAZZI'S PRYING LONG LENSES?
"The funny thing is you would think that we had to employ all these 'CIA techniques,' but he flew into Vancouver, paparazzi didn't notice, he drove onto the Vancouver Film Studios [lot]….
"I want to say a sincere thanks to the cast and the crew — particularly the crew of The Flash. Any one of them could have ratted us out, and you're talking about a couple hundred people, but everyone worked together to keep this secret. We thought about announcing it, but decided it'd be so much more fun to surprise everybody."

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
They really need to just combine DCU and HBO Max somehow. It seem so weird to me that something like an aquaman animated series is going on HBO but not DCEU.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to just combine DCU and HBO Max somehow. It seem so weird to me that something like an Aquaman animated series is going on HBO but not DCEU.
This is probably how it's going to be from now on. I dont see any new DC shows getting announced for DCU but instead for HBO Go and/or CW. Also looking forward to the Green Lantern show. I think that particular property with it's incredible depth and lore translates better as a show than it does as a movie.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
So if they do end up doing Flashpoint-lite with Ezra I would still like to see Aquaman, Wonder Woman, & Cyborg involved. Also I would love to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan reprise his role as Thomas Wayne. If Reeves would allow it you can get Pattinson to read the letter at the end of the movie and that's how you can connect his Batman to the rest of the DCEU. I know my wishes are a long shot but a guy can hope right? 🤞

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm kinda thinking when he said it's a different kind of Flashpoint that they really are going to use it to course correct and merge everything that's been working into one universe and not even touch the WW vs Aquaman story or Reverse Flash stuff. And if they were super cool about it, give a nod to the Crisis stuff about how he got his name and idea for a different suit. I do think for sure Cyborg will be a co-star in his movie.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The idea of Flashpoint is just such an easy way to course correct. Except the only problem in my eyes is the fact that Batman is a trilogy possibly set in the past. I'm not sure how that works. That's the problem with all of these DC movies not even taking place in the same period, things get confusing. Unless they can incorporate the Flashpoint changes into Batman 2 somehow.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The idea of Flashpoint is just such an easy way to course correct. Except the only problem in my eyes is the fact that Batman is a trilogy possibly set in the past. I'm not sure how that works. That's the problem with all of these DC movies not even taking place in the same period, things get confusing. Unless they can incorporate the Flashpoint changes into Batman 2 somehow.
We still don't know when Batman takes place though. There's been no official synopsis or talk from Reeves. If they want it to be current day, that's fine. They can just say it's happening on a different Earth than the normal DCEU. The Flash movie can then come out the following year and merge all the worlds and it won't really affect Batman since it seems to be self contained stories. To all the characters in Batman, it'll seem like nothing has happened and now his Wonder Woman is Gal, Aquaman is Jason, etc (if his Earth even had versions of those heroes to begin with).

Oct 25, 2017
We still don't know when Batman takes place though. There's been no official synopsis or talk from Reeves. If they want it to be current day, that's fine. They can just say it's happening on a different Earth than the normal DCEU. The Flash movie can then come out the following year and merge all the worlds and it won't really affect Batman since it seems to be self contained stories. To all the characters in Batman, it'll seem like nothing has happened and now his Wonder Woman is Gal, Aquaman is Jason, etc (if his Earth even had versions of those heroes to begin with).

It takes place in the present day. Within the last 10 or so years at the very least, based on the set photos.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
So if they do end up doing Flashpoint-lite with Ezra I would still like to see Aquaman, Wonder Woman, & Cyborg involved. Also I would love to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan reprise his role as Thomas Wayne. If Reeves would allow it you can get Pattinson to read the letter at the end of the movie and that's how you can connect his Batman to the rest of the DCEU. I know my wishes are a long shot but a guy can hope right? 🤞

Is it going to take place between Batman vs Superman and Justice League?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Something like Flashpoint would have to affect everybody I would think, no? It's like the events in MCU after Avengers or Civil War. You can't just completely ignore it, especially if it did stuff like merge worlds and whatnot

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Gordon is black now, Alfred has been recast, Bruce has been recast, and people still think this is tied in any way to Batffleck still? What's it going to take for people to accept BvS isn't in play anymore?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reeves out here recruiting top tier talent that isn't going to stick around for 6-8 films and people think it's going to be connected. Sure, there are paychecks and then there is signing up to do nothing but comic book films for 5-8 years (which I don't see half of these actors doing, especially Rob).

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
So much hate for this franchise on this site.
currently two "which DCEU character is worse" threads going.

am i crazy for thinking Batman V Superman is actually a really goodsuperhero movie amd that man of steel is one of the best origin ever?

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

am i crazy for thinking Batman V Superman is actually a really goodsuperhero movie amd that man of steel is one of the best origin ever?

My thread made sense.

Then someone decided to copy it and make it about Cavill and Affleck, despite that fact that both performances were mostly well received.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

You're in the minority which is fine, but if you think that everyone is going to do a total 180 on Snyder's films you're setting yourself up for disappointment. A lot of people think they're shitty films.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
On ERA you mean.

Man of Steel got an A- CinemaScore.
Fair enough, I personally see MoS as a heavily flawed but not unsalvageable movie, but BvS dropped hard after that open weekend. It wasn't just the critics who were turned off with that movie. If you're a fan and you still think that one day the GA will regard BvS as "capekino" I don't know what to tell ya. You gotta just accept that's not going to happen.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Blade Runner was a misunderstood film at the time of its release as well.
Lmao ok bruh. If you want to think BvS is a Blade Runner tier masterpiece I won't try to change your mind. But I suspect BvS will join its brethren such as Affleck's Daredevil and Halle Berry's Catwoman in the bottom of the garbage can in the long run. Along with other Snyder films like Sucker Punch and Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

Status
Not open for further replies.