• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't post much but read all the time. Dude just got majorly exposed, glad I never fed into any of his "leaks".

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Unless it's coming from a big trade I don't take it as a hard fact. It's just gossip otherwise, somebody post the you played yourself gif.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Vullein070 care to chime in?

Pretty interesting thread.

He gave me false info, I posted it on my twitter. It turned out to be false, I exposed him and he got angry.

I've always been posting rumors on twitter. I've always said that stuff I'm 100% certain about go on Geeks WorldWide as articles, (and so far I've never been wrong) rumors go on Twitter.

I would've been "exposed" if you saw it on Geeks WorldWide instead of my twitter.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
He's acting like I stole his info or something but I never claimed that it was my info. When people asked me for the source, I linked to his reddit post. I don't understand why people think this is my mistake, I just posted a rumor on Twitter and linked to the original source, and the rumor turned out to be false. This doesn't affect my credibility at all.

If you want to call me unreliable or not legit or whatever, talk about how I was wrong about DCU's Titans not being CW's Crisis or that time where I revealed info about a BoP TV=Spot and said it would be released soon (that was weeks ago and it still hasn't been released). Just don't come with bullshit like this. You only need to take a look at my twitter account for 5-10 minutes to see that most of what I post is rumors, and if it's something from my own sources: I make that clear. Again, The GWW is where the real shit goes.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
I just don't understand.

I just went on the discussing film website, I'm using their most recent scoop as an example. It's about an Ice Age spinoff being developed for Disney+.

For example: If I make a tweet about DiscussingFilm's Ice Age spinoff scoop and it turns out to be false, how does this affect my credibility in any way? I didn't say if it was true, I didn't say that this was my info. How does that being wrong "expose" me?

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vullein070 not pointing any fingers, just wanting to know what's going on. So thanks for making sense of those tweets. Still, just as we do with every rumor, we still have to take things with a grain of salt.

In the meantime, keep doing what you do and whatever unfolds with any leak will either solidify your leaks as true or false. We'll continue to read.

Last edited:

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Oh no problem, I don't blame you for posting the tweet. You posting the tweet here is a good thing because then I at least know that people here have seen it and I can explain it. I just don't like how people suddenly were acting like I was a scam and that I was "exposed" and shit like that. It's just... uhh yeah...

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For example: If I make a tweet about DiscussingFilm's Ice Age spinoff scoop and it turns out to be false, how does this affect my credibility in any way?
Your source for the rumor (that you considered writing an article for) was a random reddit user...
And are sharing things you yourself haven't vetted. It's careless and adds to the clickbait bullshit.

Nov 13, 2017
Let's talk about how the BoP tv spots on twitter are all screen recordings because WB is dragging their feet on releasing anything about this movie that could benefit it.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Your source for the rumor (that you considered writing an article for) was a random reddit user...
And are sharing things you yourself haven't vetted. It's careless and adds to the clickbait bullshit.
Yeah, and I asked if they could prove that they're credible. They didn't, so I posted it on twitter, a place where I've always been posting rumors (people who actually follow me know that). Like I said before, The GWW is where the big & confirmed stuff goes.

How is twitter clickbait? Last I checked, there were no thumbnails or titles. If you mean that I would be clickbaiting on The GWW: I already said that that info was never gonna be on the site. Also, I don't do clickbait. Seriously, check out my page on The GWW. I don't have that many articles yet because I just started writing for them but as far as I know, I've never done clickbait. Hell, I'm pretty sure The GWW has never had clickbait as a whole, not just my articles.

Let's talk about how the BoP tv spots on twitter are all screen recordings because WB is dragging their feet on releasing anything about this movie that could benefit it.
WB made like a million different trailers and TV spots, but apparently most of them haven't been released (yet?). It's so stupid.

Last edited:

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like Aquaman having light marketing worked and WB is fine with that approach with every film. Shazam would done alot more if the marketing was more agressive

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Shazams's marketing was less because of its lower budget, I have no idea why they didn't market Aquaman more.

I guess the light marketing "works" but fans would obviously love more.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and I asked if they could prove that they're credible. They didn't, so I posted it on twitter, a place where I've always been posting rumors. Like I said before, The GWW is where the big & confirmed stuff goes.

How is twitter clickbait? Last I checked, there were no thumbnails or titles.
I didn't say twitter was clickbait, but that it adds to it. You really can't see how someone with a microphone, however big or small, could lend some level of credibility to rumors? In an age where upvotes, likes and retweets are turned into articles?

Seems you just want it both ways

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I just want a huge bug budget no holds barred blockbuster, rock isn't gonna skimp on the spectacle.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, why? I think it will be great.

The third movie will be set in the present I read so you might like that

more interested in seeing the character in modern day, and 84 feels so disconnected from everything else.

I'll be honest as soon as the connected universe fell though most of my enthusiasm fell through the floor. Director freedom is cool, but I'd give it all to have singular cohesive vision that interconnects .

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
I didn't say twitter was clickbait, but that it adds to it. You really can't see how someone with a microphone, however big or small, could lend some level of credibility to rumors? In an age where upvotes, likes and retweets are turned into articles?

Seems you just want it both ways
If I post a rumor and make it clear that it is just a rumor and not my info & link to the original source, and I don't say that I believe this to be true or anything like that, and this is always how it has been, does it really affect my credibility if this rumor turns out to be false? Is it my fault if people believe in it? Am I to blame for anything here except wasting 10 seconds of someone's time by having the tweet show up in their timeline? No.

I don't present my tweets as articles. I present my articles as articles and my tweets as tweets.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
more interested in seeing the character in modern day, and 84 feels so disconnected from everything else.

I'll be honest as soon as the connected universe fell though most of my enthusiasm fell through the floor. Director freedom is cool, but I'd give it all to have singular cohesive vision that interconnects .
Honestly, my dream for the DCEU is that they let people like Reeves carve out their own (bat) universe and Gunn with his suicide squad mythos (and Wan and Jenkins with their stuff). Eventually, they can do a crisis like event that merges all the separate continuities into one, and from there they can pick and choose what they bring over from each continuity into the shared universe. It's pretty ambitious and very easy to do wrong so it will never happen, but I would love to see something like this happen.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Well here's SOME marketing

Interview with Margot

"Birds of Prey" felt urgent. It features Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary and Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya. It's written by a woman (Christina Hodson), directed by a woman (Cathy Yan) and has women producers (Robbie and Sue Kroll). The movie is an ambitious leap forward for LuckyChap — a $75 million, R-rated, Warner Bros./DC Entertainment production.

During "Suicide Squad," Robbie says she "fell in love with" Harley Quinn, though she didn't understand why the wildly brilliant, unstable character would stay in a relationship with the Joker (played by Jared Leto), who "wants to kill her most of the time."

She dove into research: She read the Sam Shepard play "Fool for Love," about a destructive relationship, and listened to TED Talks by women with schizophrenia who were also accomplished professionals. She immersed herself in the world of DC Comics, which she adores. "Harley has this unpredictable nature that means she could react in any way to any situation, which as an actor is just a gift," Robbie says.

A year before "Suicide Squad" came out, with the go-ahead from Warner Bros. and DC to explore a Harley spinoff, Robbie met with British screenwriter Hodson, with whom she shares an agent. Over brunch, which turned into pizza and mimosas, they bonded.

"An hour and a half later, we were drunk on a Wednesday morning, and we've been friends ever since," Robbie says. "The ideas started flowing." In person at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, Robbie exudes enthusiasm, speaking effusively about subjects such as the "Harry Potter" novels ("I read them on repeat"), Kayla's Sapphic chemistry with Kate McKinnon's "Bombshell" character, Jess Carr ("I secretly want a spinoff movie where Kayla and Jess go on a road trip with their opposing political views and blossoming romance") and LuckyChap's office ("It just feels like a nice house!") — it's easy to picture that drunken, brainstorming meal.

Upon its August 2016 release, "Suicide Squad" was greeted by some of the worst reviews for a comic book movie ever, though critics and fans agreed that Robbie was the best thing in it. The film made $746 million worldwide, a sequel was greenlit — critics be damned — and LuckyChap signed a first-look deal with Warner Bros.

As for Robbie's vision for "Birds of Prey," Hodson says: "She really wanted to see Harley with girlfriends, Harley in a girl gang. Harley is such a naturally sociable character. And I think there was just a general longing to see girls together on screen — women being friends."

Ackerley agrees about Robbie's motivations. "She has a group of friends in the U.K.; she has a group of friends in Australia; she has a group of girlfriends here," he says. "They live fun and vivacious lives. And she was like, 'I don't see that on screen.'" She also wanted the film to be rated R, for which, since "Deadpool" hadn't yet come out, there was no precedent — and "it took a bit of convincing," Robbie says.

Robbie and Hodson would meet to watch movies, and to discuss "comics that we love, different movies we love," Robbie says. They would look at something like "Trainspotting": "How did they achieve this feeling of beautiful chaos, but within it, everything feels satisfying?" she wonders. One of their sessions lasted 13 hours, Hodson recalls. "I was at the keyboard; she was doing story cards. She is remarkable in that sense. I certainly don't know of any other actors like her who would do that."

The two got along so well that when Hodson had an idea for improving the dismal numbers for women screenwriters, they decided to create the Lucky Exports Pitch Program, a four-week writers' room for six writers; four of the selected were women of color. (Hodson herself is half-Taiwanese.) Each came in with kernels of ideas, and now, with the program having just wrapped, all have solid pitches — and Hodson and LuckyChap attached as producers. "We are going to go out and pitch to all the studios and hopefully get them sold, and get them made," Robbie says.

When it came to finding a director for "Birds of Prey," Robbie and the other producers — who by that point included Kroll, the longtime Warner Bros. marketing chief executive who now runs Kroll & Co. Entertainment, and "I, Tonya" producer Bryan Unkeless — were committed to trying to hire a woman. But as with "I, Tonya," directed by Craig Gillespie, they wanted to choose the best person for the job. In the end, Yan, a Chinese American director whose sole movie credit was the 2018 indie feature "Dead Pigs," sold them. "She spoke to the aesthetic color palette, how she wanted to shoot action, how she wanted costume design to be reflective of the characters' personalities," Robbie says. "It was perfect."

The movie, as its subtitle implies, starts after Harley's breakup with the Joker. Robbie confirms that Leto's incarnation of the character doesn't appear, not even as a cameo. As far as that other "Joker" goes, Robbie thinks Joaquin Phoenix "did a phenomenal job." But "Birds of Prey," she says, isn't at all like the Todd Phillips film: "I feel like the 'Joker' film was much more grounded. Ours is different. It's heightened."

z967ko4xne841.jpg

dj2zko5vme841.jpg

Also, we can finally put this to rest... I was right the whole time!

ltfrs46w8e841.jpg

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Man the Harley Quinn show is fantastic. Only a few episodes in but it's so refreshing. Love Bane the most

It would be amazing if there was an established dceu and we had a show like this actually be part of it to fill in the gaps but alas....

Love all the callbacks to other dc stuff though

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
If y'all have any questions about HQ feel free to ask. Press (me) got access to all episodes and the NDA allows us to spoil it all. Don't worry, you don't have to rely on my shitty scoops which apparently got exposed

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
It's cool that their shows are in the mcu, but I meant specifically an edgy show like Quinn. D+ would never have this, so can't be too jealous
haha that's true, but honestly, I would be happy with ANY type of show set in the DECU, it doesn't have to be edgy for me. I just want that inter-connectivity that Marvel has with DC. I could perfectly see Titans, Swamp Thing, and Doom Patrol being set in the DCEU. We could've had Stargirl show up in the DCEU through the DC Universe show and then give her a bigger role in Black Adam etc. etc.

I would love to see Brenton Thwaites' Nightwing on the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.