• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So the Snyder Cut being rumored to be 3 hours and 34 minutes long, that's a lot of cut content if true.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
So the Snyder Cut being rumored to be 3 hours and 34 minutes long, that's a lot of cut content if true.
Black Widow at number dos.
266121723697430528.png

Thought that ERA canceled Scarjo but I guess marvu movies > principle.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Black Widow at number dos.
266121723697430528.png

Thought that ERA canceled Scarjo but I guess marvu movies > principle.
We have a lot of hypocrites around here, they like Scarjo but Gadot is the devil. Daisy Ridley says something insensitive? Yeah but she never really though about it, journalists just wanted to trick her. Isaac Perlmutter is a shithead? Yeah but we can't boycott Marvel they have other great people there. Zack Snyder is an alt right figure tho.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I also like Rian Johnson going on a twitter rant to feed the trolls.

"RJ is the victim here"

"Oh yeah but Snyder is a piece of shit spurring his fans to harrass people"

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point you guys should not be surprised about the behavior here. When they like someone, they tolerate and explain every thing away. They like Marvel and Rian Johnson, they hate DC and Snyder. Thats the way it is.

Anyway, looks like Witcher is doing well. Told you guys nothing to worry about.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It just makes me laugh, honestly.

That thread comparing the course corrections for Justice League and The Rise of Skywalker was pretty good.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I can't really talk about Star Wars yet because I havent actually gone and seen it yet, probably will after new years.

I want to try and catch it as late as possible because I dont want a bunch of assholes screaming and laughing and being pricks.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I saw people shitting on ScarJo a lot. But ultimately, they'll tolerate her.

The worst case of hypocrisy was the Gunn defense. Just imagine if Snyder had said those things in his past.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
But that toleration is the hypocrisy. It's because she's part of their favorite cinematic universe they ultimately just shrug it off, while DC is hated here, posters treat Gal like she's Lucifer incarnate.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I compare TROS to Justice League in a recent article I wrote about the future of Star Wars. We're seeing similar performance, with a much larger opening in one.
Well written!

I agree with your conclusion: They'll do a bit of everything. Disney wants it's cake and eat it too. They'll go the DC route and utilize Disney+ and may have one person do a mainline trilogy. We will see.

The parallels have been interesting to see though. I guess studios will keep learning the hard way.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
We have a lot of hypocrites around here, they like Scarjo but Gadot is the devil. Daisy Ridley says something insensitive? Yeah but she never really though about it, journalists just wanted to trick her. Isaac Perlmutter is a shithead? Yeah but we can't boycott Marvel they have other great people there. Zack Snyder is an alt right figure tho.
Well said. Best they can do is bring some over a decade old facebook post by Gal when Scarjo said transphobic and racist shit just this year. So much double standards and hypocrisy when it comes to defending marvel and disney as a whole. Even if you suggest that disney might be a monopoly people go on the defensive hardcore. It does seem like a cult.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Well said. Best they can do is bring some over a decade old facebook post by Gal when Scarjo said transphobic and racist shit just this year. So much double standards and hypocrisy when it comes to defending marvel and disney as a whole. Even if you suggest that disney might be a monopoly people go on the defensive hardcore. It does seem like a cult.
Yet they have the audacity to call snyder fans a cult. It's hilarious.

Last edited:

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Anyhow ignoring most of this, I revisited Shazam last night

Such an underrated gem of a movie. I know bigger comic book movies this year, but probably my favorite of the year.

Lightning

Lightning with my hands

Lightning with my hands.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AT this point you guys should be used to it. Dont let it bother you just let them fight and enjoy watching it. Case in point, the Star Wars drama.

Shazam is such a joy to watch.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I love both Shazam and Joker. The variety in those two films alone has made this a fantastic year for DC.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Anyhow ignoring most of this, I revisited Shazam last night

Such an underrated gem of a movie. I know bigger comic book movies this year, but probably my favorite of the year.

Lightning

Lightning with my hands

Lightning with my hands.
The only thing I don't like about Shazam is the wait for the 2nd one, and the undeveloped villain. But it was surprisingly good

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The only thing I don't like about Shazam is the wait for the 2nd one, and the undeveloped villain. But it was surprisingly good

I take the underdeveloped villain because it's really about family.

And kept alive for sequels!

I love both Shazam and Joker. The variety in those two films alone has made this a fantastic year for DC.

I believe the difference in tone/style between Aquaman/Shazam/Joker has highlighted DC's strength and hopefully something they learn from in the future. don't need to find an one-size fits all model to copy.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I loved Shazam.

Mainly because Levi is such a joy to watch.

Cant wait for him and Superman to fuck shit up.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I take the underdeveloped villain because it's really about family.

And kept alive for sequels!

I believe the difference in tone/style between Aquaman/Shazam/Joker has highlighted DC's strength and hopefully something they learn from in the future. don't need to find an one-size fits all model to copy.

Yeah I hope they stay away from the MCU formula. I'd like a few crossovers here and there, but they also need to give their directors the creative freedom to do some interesting stuff (such as Joker, and even that Trench movie lol).

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I realized on a rewatch that the first half hour or so of Shazam is kinda terrible. The Frankie Muniz intro to Billy is real God damn bad.

Once Levi enters the picture, it became one of the year's best.
Is there any rumored start to production for The Batman?
Hopefully not anytime soon

Rob needs to get swole

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the animated WW flick from 2009 before it expires. It's pretty solid so far, and Keri Russell makes for a great Diana

She could have easily pulled off the role in live action too if they had casted someone closer to Affleck's age

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Shazam is great from start to end. In fact it's become my new favorite "Christmas" movie that'll watch every December now.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So we're potentially weeks away from a suit photo. I guess it all depends on when they feel set photos will get out there.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People are just gonna have to accept a more detective focused Batman this time around.

When was the last time anyone saw Rob in public? Does he really need more than three months to put on some muscle? Dude has likely been living in a gym for a couple months now and he has a team of people at his disposal. He'll be fine. Maybe he'll be the first Batman to get bigger as time goes on.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This month

x38olSd.jpg

There are others more recent with a coat on but doesn't seem to be much difference. Also he's apparently been training in BJJ since at least June or maybe it's a thing he does regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.