• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
So I saw The Rise of Skywalker. I enjoyed it immensely so I do hope JJ directs a superman film. But anyways there was one scene in the film I know for a fact was written by Terrio because the exact same scene was in bvs lol

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Witcher doesn't seem to be reviewing well, feels like that's a wrap for Cavill.
So I saw The Rise of Skywalker. I enjoyed it immensely so I do hope JJ directs a superman film. But anyways there was one scene in the film I know for a fact was written by Terrio because the exact same scene was in bvs lol
Which one was it? Surprised I didn't catch that.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh well, it was a good run. More time to sit at home and play video games.

Just put him back on Superman where he belongs. Thor dude is a bomb machine and he keeps getting work.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's reviewing alright not badly. Plus from social media people love him as Geralt.

Depending on how well the show does, I think hell be fine.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
It's reviewing alright not badly. Plus from social media people love him as Geralt.

Depending on how well the show does, I think hell be fine.
So many people were talking shit about his casting and he might honestly end up being the most popular casting lol. Yeah as long as the show doesn't fall into the "Rotten" status I think it will be fine, just like Aquaman. But I do think that Cavill won't be able to press WB into reopening negotiations based off the Witcher like he was hoping.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He's got at least one more season of the show before he has to worry about the next gig and I would be a little worried. However, without it being a banger out of the gate, I do wonder if he wants to hedge bets and lower his demands now.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix is also more concerned with how many people watch in general and keep watching the entire season more so then critics in the end. The Netflix game is different. As long as audience reaction is positive and people watch I would say the show could get at least 3 seasons base don Netflix's track record.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Witcher doesn't seem to be reviewing well, feels like that's a wrap for Cavill.

Which one was it? Surprised I didn't catch that.
Maybe I'm reaching with this one scene but the conversation between Kylo and Han reminded me of the conversation between Jonathan Kent and Clark in bvs. Both were memories of their fathers.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
yLap1YI.png

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Don't sleep on The Witcher just because some dumbass reviewer hates it.

Watch it and judge for yourself.

I'm on episode 3 and love it so far.

Also made me reinstall Witcher 3.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix cares about how many eyeballs are on their shows, not what critics think. If The Witcher is a hit with viewers it'll keep going. Plus they've already got a second season, so there's room to improve the show based on feedback from the first season.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix cares about how many eyeballs are on their shows, not what critics think. If The Witcher is a hit with viewers it'll keep going. Plus they've already got a second season, so there's room to improve the show based on feedback from the first season.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Since I can't make a thread yet, here ya go

Birds of Prey Plot:

The film opens with Harley Quinn singing "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" while dressed as Marylin Monroe. This is quickly revealed to be a fantasy that Harley is having while being tortured."

Harley addresses the audience and decides to tell them the story of how she got to this point. "Behind every great man is a fucking badass broad" she proclaims. After the events of Suicide Squad, the Joker and Harley have fled back to Gotham."

Deleted footage of Jared Leto from the film is used to showcase how abusive their relationship really is which culminates in the two breaking up."

Harley states that the Joker didn't take it well as he ended up kicking her out of their house along with a small basket of her belongings. Harley tells the audience not to worry as she has her own apartment now above a Taiwanese restaurant owned by a kind old man named Doc. It quickly becomes a mess thanks to Harley who has an insanely bad diet and eats a ton of junk food but she's proud of having her own digs."

Harley decides to start anew by cutting her hair and modifying her tattoos to get rid of any Joker references in order to leave her past behind her. She intends to introduce Gotham to the new Harley Quinn."

Harley finds the new "love of her life", a rabid hyena who she calls "Bruce" after watching a TMZ report on Bruce Wayne who she proclaims to be a "hunk." The sleazy pet store owner who she bought him off is eaten by the hyena after flirting with her."

Harley joins a roller derby team and mercilessly beats up people and mercilessly beats up people to unleash her rage over her breakup. Her teammates mock her saying that she'll always be codependent and will rush back to Joker immediately."

Harley gets a job as a waitress and yet more women make fun of her, noting that she's still wearing her "J" necklace showing that she can't get over him. This upsets Harley who gets drunk and goes out looking for a way to find independence."

Coming across Ace Chemicals, Harley decides to use a stolen truck to blow it up after remembering that it was where she pledged herself to Joker. There are flashbacks to the chemical wedding in Suicide Squad."

Harley drives a stolen truck into the building and leaves her necklace inside the truck. She walks away from the explosion with the intent of finding other women who are looking for emancipation to go cause trouble with and to introduce Gotham to the new Harley Quinn."

Flashbacks to during her post-breakup depression, Harley goes out clubbing. Unfortunately, she chooses to go to a club owned by Roman Sionis, a sadistic gangster who masquerades as a bubbly nightclub owner."

Roman is obsessed with art and is extremely cruel and vicious. While at the club, Harley meets Dinah Lance, a talented singer who works for Roman. Dinah, similarly to Harley, is looking for a purpose in life."

Her mother was a vigilante who died leaving her disenfranchised. She relates to Harley having a broken heart. Harley gets really drunk and starts acting rowdy in the club, ending up breaking the legs of Roman's driver."

Roman's thugs drag Harley outside because of this but Dinah saves her. Impressed by Dinah's fighting skills, Roman makes her his new driver."

Dinah drops Harley off at home. Renee Montoya, a police detective in Gotham, arrives at the scene of the Ace Chemicals burning and determines that since Joker and Harley have broken up, Harley will be easy to capture and put behind bars."

Cassandra Cain, a young orphan and street thief in Gotham, works for Roman as a thief. She steals a diamond for him with very important information on it."

Roman sends Dinah and his top henchman, psychotic killer Victor Zsasz to retrieve it but Cass double crosses him and runs away, hoping to sell the diamond to make more money. Cass is arrested and out of desperation, swallows the diamond."

In present day, Harley is out and about in Gotham. She buys a sandwich and strolls through the city before being intercepted by Montoya."

Harley throws her shoe at Montoya and flees the scene before being ambushed by some of Roman's men, including the driver who is now in a wheelchair. She is also ambushed by the brother of the pet store owner who wants revenge."

In the scuffle, Harley drops her sandwich. Enraged, Harley psychotically kills them but is captured by more thugs. Roman is told by Zsasz and Dinah about Cass whilst he is in the midst of torturing a family."

He was going to let the daughter live but he sees that she has a booger in her nose and changes his mind and orders her death. He also likes to wear a black mask while torturing people as an intimidation tactic."

The black mask is an art piece. However, they also inform him that they captured Harley, and don't need to worry about retaliation from the Joker since she blew up Ace Chemicals, which proves they broke up."

Dinah texts Montoya about the situation with Cass, revealing she is a mole in Roman's organization. Montoya is the only cop brave enough to take down Roman."

Harley tells the audience that they're all caught up now (up till now everything was in flashbacks)"

The Marylin Monroe fantasy happens again, only this time it's more chaotic and violent. Harley overhears Roman talking about the diamond and offers to go retrieve it from Cass if he spares her life."

He agrees and gives her a day but later decides to put bounties on Cass' and Harley's heads to make it more "fun" Harley disguises herself and breaks into the GCPD to retrieve Cass, leaving a trail of mayhem in her wake."

She breaks the fourth wall by smashing and breaking the screen. She manages to break Cass out of the holding cells and the two flee."

Harley brings Cass to an abandoned antique shop where she orders her to shit out the diamond to give it back to Roman. However, they are ambushed by armed men and Harley is confused about who they are. The men reveal they're after the bounty on Cass, and Harley kills them."

The two agree to work together to shake off the bounty on their heads and begin to bond. The bounty attracts Helena Bertinelli, a vigilante known as the "crossbow killer" who is targeting mobsters in the hope of getting revenge on those who murdered her family."

She plans to use Cass to lure Roman out. Meanwhile, Dinah discovers that she has the metahuman ability to scream at a supersonic level. She texts Montoya about the bounty on Cass but the text is discovered by Zsasz who informs Roman."

Roman flies into a rage as he hates people not following his orders and he scratches and damages his face in a rage. Harley and Cass decide to hide out in Harley's apartment."

However, her apartment gets bombed by people looking for Cass and in the scuffle, her hyena appears to be killed (it turns out he survives at the end). It's revealed that Doc sold Harley out to Roman."

Feeling that she can't trust anyone anymore, Harley calls Roman and agrees to turn Cass over as long as he promises her protection from the bounty. They arrange to meet at an abandoned amusement park which Harley had used as a hideout."

Harley tells Cass that they're going to the park to hide in order to trick her into coming with her. Roman sends Zsasz and Dinah to retrieve Cass. Zsasz drugs Harley showing that Roman didn't honor their deal and Dinah tries to free Cass."

However, Zsasz, already knowing about Dinah's treachery, attacks her. But he is killed by Helena who arrives at the amusement park. The women are all placed under arrest by Montoya who Dinah texted about the situation."

Harley manages to convince the women to work together to get Roman off of all their backs. They're all reluctant to work with Harley but they have no other choice."

The women use Harley's old gear and weapons that she had stored at the funhouse to attack arriving hordes of Roman's goons. They manage to come out victorious."

Cass is captured by Roman and Harley pursues them to the Gotham Pier. Roman wears his black mask during the fight, and in the midst of the battle, it gets burned into his face."

The diamond is retrieved and is revealed to have contained info that incriminates him on a lot of crimes regarding Black Masks empire, which allows Montoya to arrest him."

The film ends with the Birds of Prey offering a team-up with Harley and a chance to do good. Harley calls the Birds of Prey losers and drives off with Cass in tow in Canary's hijacked car."

Montoya works alongside Dinah and Helena in order to protect Gotham while Harley flees with her hyena (in a neck brace), her beaver, and a new sandwich. She winks at the audience and the film ends."

Last edited:
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if the

dick pics

was accurate at one point then i would have preferred that. its goddamn hilarious.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I realise I've been way too negative so I'll just say nice things from now on.

The Harley Quinn TV show is fantastic.
No comment on Birds of Prey.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm bored at work... only here 30 mins, but I wanted to try something different/fun since end of the year and quiet.

But let's try to do some like DC Media awards

Stuff like Movie, TV, video game, animated movies are all included
Favorite action scene of the year
Favorite Character
Favorite Speech
Best usage of powers
Best villain
Best use of music

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doom Patrol wins all categories lol

Best Use of Music - People Like Us
Best Action Scene and Use of Powers - Robotman and Jane killing nazis
Best Character - Robotman and Jane
Best Villain -
P9l42g0.gif

Favorite Speech - I... would actually have to think about this one

Last edited:
OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Doom Patrol is my show of the year, and easily the best DC product of the year (for me), but Shazam is close, as is Watchmen, Batman vs Ninja Turtles, Crisis... it was a good year honestly.
How the hell did I forget about Watchmen...

Doom Patrol and Watchmen win all categories :D

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Favorite action scene of the year - Jane and her dad, or Jane vs Nazis
Favorite Character - Robotman and Jane
Best usage of powers - Jane
Best villain - Mr Nobody
Best use of music - People Like Us

Do I need to know anything about Watchmen before watching the TV show?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.