• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Where are you looking

Like I feel like the same was said about Aquaman and Joker

And the general audience reacted much differently than online people
People at my work and friends. Trying to talk about anything DC is just met with eye rolling and meme talk. Any movie that does well or is considered "good" is still just talked down about and nit picked. Talk about any Marvel film and it's all "I can't wait for it to come out", "oh it looks awesome", etc. I just never hear those comments in real life from people I know about DC movies.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People at my work and friends. Trying to talk about anything DC is just met with eye rolling and meme talk. Any movie that does well or is considered "good" is still just talked down about and nit picked. Talk about any Marvel film and it's all "I can't wait for it to come out", "oh it looks awesome", etc. I just never hear those comments in real life from people I know about DC movies.
I get the same reaction.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much. I've learnt this lesson years ago.

It's why I only talk about it with my friends. Most of which prefer DC over Marvel.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I think Shazam 2 will 100% be affected by how Black Adam does. There's just no way they can release those movies 4 months apart and not tie in somehow. If they end BA with Adam showing up present day and it picks right up in Shazam 2, that'd be f'n awesome. And yeah, I'm down for that to be the first time we see Cavill back as Superman as well helping Billy out, but ultimately not being able to stay due to his weakness to magic. That gets the audience back in with the "new" Superman in a family fun movie.
I think the Rock already said Black Adam won't tie into Shazam 2

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Pretty much. I've learnt this lesson years ago.

It's why I only talk about it with my friends. Most of which prefer DC over Marvel.
People at my work were raving over Joker. Don't think a Marvel film has ever come up in discussion. Agree in principle though there is a persistent residual image problem.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way Black Adam doesn't appear in Shazam 2 in some form at least. They can do Shazam 2 like Spiderman homecoming and try and have some more known superhero to show face or something.

Supes would be a great choice of course.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I think Shazam 2 will 100% be affected by how Black Adam does. There's just no way they can release those movies 4 months apart and not tie in somehow. If they end BA with Adam showing up present day and it picks right up in Shazam 2, that'd be f'n awesome. And yeah, I'm down for that to be the first time we see Cavill back as Superman as well helping Billy out, but ultimately not being able to stay due to his weakness to magic. That gets the audience back in with the "new" Superman in a family fun movie.
Yeah I'm all down for that. WB just has to get the ball rolling with Superman.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Brehs, watchmen just wrapped up their season. Really give it a watch. It is weird, is it wild, and it is incredible. Only 9 episodes, but this shit is straight flames bruvs 🔥🔥🔥👌👌👌

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
It's really good and not just the final episodes (haven't watched it yet) but some episodes are straight up hall of fame of modern television.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
BoP info dump coming

qn4c8kejiw441.jpg

mNJdtWn.jpg

GRfP0DF.jpg

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I get the same reaction.
Yeah, people who haven't even seen DC movies are down on them. I've convinced like 10 people to watch man of steel and they've all liked it.
They're gonna have to do the trick that Singer did with Jackman in the first Xmen and shoot his shirtless scene last lol
Word, but Hollywood "magic"bus gonna turn him crazy buff.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I have a feeling if JJ wants it WB will let him run his own dc cinematic universe. The guy is good at reviving franchises. He should get Lindelof to help him do it.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Brehs, watchmen just wrapped up their season. Really give it a watch. It is weird, is it wild, and it is incredible. Only 9 episodes, but this shit is straight flames bruvs 🔥🔥🔥👌👌👌
It was so good. Lindelof and the rest of his writers did such a great job on it. Honestly I wouldn't be disappointed if he decided not to do a second season.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Joker nominated for Best Drama at the Golden Globes

Phillips for best Director

Phoenix for Best Actor

Best Original Score

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
So that's why I'm getting so much SW on my youtube feed lately.

I've never even watched the first two films lol

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
lol Star Wars. I loved TLJ but I feel like people overcompensate the way they defend the movie and Rian.
My stance was always it was neither good enough nor bad enough to warrant all that conversation

But at the same time, I enjoyed watching from a distance especially those who spent years beating up on mos complain about the discourse. 😈

Oct 25, 2017
But at the same time, I enjoyed watching from a distance especially those who spent years beating up on mos complain about the discourse. 😈

It's interesting seeing people online go "lol people have been complaining about TLJ for two years now", and they're the same people who've been complaining about MoS for six.

Things just work out like that, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.