• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's fascinating, we're in a moment we haven't really been in since 2014 and maybe not even then

We have a slate of movies and it doesn't feel like many are... questionable

Like Birds of Prey and Wonder Woma 84 are def happening

No way The Batman and Aquaman don't hit their dates.

I have every faith that Shazam will be there when it says. Not sure how Black Adam will turn out, but it will be made.

There's The Flash....

Well most everything seems solid!

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Random thought, but I'm so damn excited for Joker's digital release next week. Need to watch it a fourth time lol

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
And yet, I still don't feel the general audience consensus is that any of these movies are good or will be good. The amount of groans I heard last night about the BoP commercial were not shocking. Doesn't matter if Aquaman did a billy or WW will (probably) be good, DC movies can't shake the stink. It's so annoying.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
With Watchmen, Joker, and Shazam, I personally think that DC had a much stronger year than Marvel in 2019.

Also TWAU2 being announced at the TGAs is the best announcement I could've asked for on the gaming side lol

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fascinating, we're in a moment we haven't really been in since 2014 and maybe not even then

We have a slate of movies and it doesn't feel like many are... questionable

Like Birds of Prey and Wonder Woma 84 are def happening

No way The Batman and Aquaman don't hit their dates.

I have every faith that Shazam will be there when it says. Not sure how Black Adam will turn out, but it will be made.

There's The Flash....

Well most everything seems solid!
Problem is what the hell are they gonna do with Batman and Superman? Everything else at least fits the DCEU as we knew it, but 2/3's of the trinity are up in the air. Batman is reset, yet some of his characters live on through Suicide Squad and BoP. Superman is absent.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
And yet, I still don't feel the general audience consensus is that any of these movies are good or will be good. The amount of groans I heard last night about the BoP commercial were not shocking. Doesn't matter if Aquaman did a billy or WW will (probably) be good, DC movies can't shake the stink. It's so annoying.
BoP is clearly not aimed at hardcore comic book fans, it's for Harley Quinn fans. If you don't like Harley that movie is not for you. The more I see of it the less interested I get but I do think it will be a success.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Problem is what the hell are they gonna do with Batman and Superman? Everything else at least fits the DCEU as we knew it, but 2/3's of the trio are up in the air. Batman is reset, yet some of his characters live on through Suicide Squad and BoP. Superman is absent.
The "trio" is Aquaman, WW, and Shazam, with Flash maybe showing up if that can actually get made. Battison is its own thing, Batman doesn't need anyone else to be successful it just needs to not be dogshit. If the Witcher is a huge critical and commercial success maybe Cavill will break through the deadlock, otherwise like the Variety article said, 2023 (Superman's 85th anniversary) is probably when we'll get the new Supes.

A JL movie is not happening until 2025 at the absolute earliest and probably not even in the next decade.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
5BIQgPpE_o.gif

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is no larger connected universe that matters. Batman is going to be its own thing. I don't know why people continue to think that it will be folded into anything. The casting screams we're signing up for a small run of films and that's it.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
There is no larger connected universe that matters. Batman is going to be its own thing. I don't know why people continue to think that it will be folded into anything. The casting screams we're signing up for a small run of films and that's it.
I'm sure that's Reeves plan right now but down the line who knows?

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "trio" is Aquaman, WW, and Shazam, with Flash maybe showing up if that can actually get made. Battison is its own thing, Batman doesn't need anyone else to be successful it just needs to not be dogshit. If the Witcher is a huge critical and commercial success maybe Cavill will break through the deadlock, otherwise like the Variety article said, 2023 (Superman's 85th anniversary) is probably when we'll get the new Supes.

A JL movie is not happening until 2025 at the absolute earliest and probably not even in the next decade.
I'm thinking less about box office and more of how they'll make sense of all this in the broader picture. I really doubt Battinson is completely separate from the DCEU. They probably want to reset Joker, yet they'd also want Margot's Harley involved at some point. 'The Batman' also probably doesn't want to contradict anything going on in Squad and BoP.

Long story short, even if Battinson is supposed to be its own thing, they'll want to keep that DCEU bridge open.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Problem is what the hell are they gonna do with Batman and Superman? Everything else at least fits the DCEU as we knew it, but 2/3's of the trinity are up in the air. Batman is reset, yet some of his characters live on through Suicide Squad and BoP. Superman is absent.

I honestly don't concern myself with that

Even with the icon, if Batman went on break for a decade I wouldn't necessarily shed a tear.

Clearly, those two properties have a lot more value/stakes for WB which is why they seem to cause the most headaches. Let's have em focus on lesser properties, where clearly don't care as much what's going on because they have been on quite the streak.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I'm thinking less about box office and more of how they'll make sense of all this in the broader picture. I really doubt Battinson is completely separate from the DCEU. They probably want to reset Joker, yet they'd also want Margot's Harley involved at some point. 'The Batman' also probably doesn't want to contradict anything going on in Squad and BoP.
They'll say "fuck logic" and just have Harley show up lol. Suits don't give a shit about "continuity" that's for nerds. Of course that's only if Reeves wants Joker or Harley, I gotta assume his contract gives him full creative control.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing should be for hardcore comic book nerds. In fact, they should be all hauled up and placed away from regular society.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Batman survived Clooney and Kilmer, Batman will survive Snyder as well.
I can't imagine thinking Batman is in a bad spot when we're getting a movie and an Arkham video game in the future. Superman is getting two animated movies and a TV show. The other JLers are still getting movies. Only character who is for real fucked is poor Cyborg, JL was the last breath for DC's push for him.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine thinking Batman is in a bad spot when we're getting a movie and an Arkham video game in the future. Superman is getting two animated movies and a TV show. The other JLers are still getting movies. Only character who is for real fucked is poor Cyborg, JL was the last breath for DC's push for him.

Cyborg is just super lame.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After watching his two episodes of the Mandalorian, Warner Bros lost out on Rick Famuyiwa leaving the Flash.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I like him in Doom Patrol

And still a core member of Teen Titans Go and semi focus of Young Justice

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Hardcore nerd or not, people are genuinely concerned about that. The worse thing is that we're in a period of not knowing which direction they're going in. Two years ago, Reeves said his Bats was in the DCEU. If that's still true, then cool. If not, then please let us fucking know.

I kinda understand the Superman situation. I mean... just look at Batman. I don't think they want to go in that direction, whatever it is. They see how Cavill's three movies were received. And they don't want to stick to Snyder's vision of Superman's "journey". It really sounds troublesome. So I get that.

Overall though, it's as Penguin said, we're in a sweet spot right now.

I'm hyped as hell for:
Bird of Prey
WW84
Shazam 2
Black Adam
Aquaman 2
The Suicide Squad

All of those movies are gonna be fire. I love each and every one of those properties. The only one that won't light the BO on fire is Shazam 2. Still, I think their successes will force them to get Superman and Bats together.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hardcore nerd or not, people are genuinely concerned about that. The worse thing is that we're in a period of not knowing which direction they're going in. Two years ago, Reeves said his Bats was in the DCEU. If that's still true, then cool. If not, then please let us fucking know.

I kinda understand the Superman situation. I mean... just look at Batman. I don't think they want to go in that direction, whatever it is. They see how Cavill's three movies were received. And they don't want to stick to Snyder's vision of Superman's "journey". It really sounds troublesome. So I get that.

Overall though, it's as Penguin said, we're in a sweet spot right now.

I'm hyped as hell for:
Bird of Prey
WW84
Shazam 2
Black Adam
Aquaman 2
The Suicide Squad

All of those movies are gonna be fire. I love each and every one of those properties. The only one that won't light the BO on fire is Shazam 2. Still, I think their successes will force them to get Superman and Bats together.
I think Shazam 2 will 100% be affected by how Black Adam does. There's just no way they can release those movies 4 months apart and not tie in somehow. If they end BA with Adam showing up present day and it picks right up in Shazam 2, that'd be f'n awesome. And yeah, I'm down for that to be the first time we see Cavill back as Superman as well helping Billy out, but ultimately not being able to stay due to his weakness to magic. That gets the audience back in with the "new" Superman in a family fun movie.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I think Shazam 2 will 100% be affected by how Black Adam does. There's just no way they can release those movies 4 months apart and not tie in somehow. If they end BA with Adam showing up present day and it picks right up in Shazam 2, that'd be f'n awesome. And yeah, I'm down for that to be the first time we see Cavill back as Superman as well helping Billy out, but ultimately not being able to stay due to his weakness to magic. That gets the audience back in with the "new" Superman in a family fun movie.
I remember reading the director saying they wont meet up til the third movie. Idk if that's still true or if I made that all up.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

BoP is cheap, so it's less of a problem if the audience is mixed.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Where are you looking

Like I feel like the same was said about Aquaman and Joker

And the general audience reacted much differently than online people

Status
Not open for further replies.