• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
wvminrg6b5441.jpg

He's gotta be trolling us lol

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. Wilkinson said the black suit never made it past pre-production. Wagner said he shot footage of Henry in the black suit but wasn't sure if it was test footage or not.

The Snyder footage of him meeting Alfred after visiting the scout ship also has him wearing the blue/red suit. Plus BTS shots from Snyder's shoot of the Steppenwolf fight had him in the blue/red suit.

Does he change out of it immediately, or...

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Wilkinson said the black suit never made it past pre-production. Wagner said he shot footage of Henry in the black suit but wasn't sure if it was test footage or not.

The Snyder footage of him meeting Alfred after visiting the scout ship also has him wearing the blue/red suit. Plus BTS shots from Snyder's shoot of the Steppenwolf fight had him in the blue/red suit.

Does he change out of it immediately, or...

I've been saying that a lot of the stuff he's posting feels aspirational, rather than anything he actually filmed.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying that a lot of the stuff he's posting feels aspirational, rather than anything he actually filmed.
And this is partly why I got tired of hearing about it from him and others until recently. Now, it's like... either get it finished or stop teasing. Definitely would love to see it, but yeah... I don't need another two years of arguments, hashtags, and ZS Vero teasing.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
And this is partly why I got tired of hearing about it from him and others until recently. Now, it's like... either get it finished or stop teasing. Definitely would love to see it, but yeah... I don't need another two years of arguments, hashtags, and ZS Vero teasing.
It's up to WB. Always has been.

Sounds a bit like victim blaming here.

"Did he really film that?"

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
A) Don't bring that kind of terminology here when we're talking about superhero movies. It minimizes assault, domestic violence, and more.

B) No. "Did he film with the black suit" is pretty easy question, again utilizing the commentary we've already gotten from other who worked on the film. Many of whom have been used to acknowledge a Snyder Cut of some sort.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
oh ok

so firing someone with the pretence that he needed a break because of personal circumstances is fine and peachy

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
oh ok

so firing someone with the pretence that he needed a break because of personal circumstances is fine and peachy

Has very to little to do with "Did he film with the black suit?" Again, you're trying to bring A to B. Don't work that way, hoss. Has zero to do with victim blaming, even in the most charitable definition.

EDIT: In fact, let me explain why. The question "Did he deserve to get fired?" That could be construed as victim blaming, because it's about the circumstances. I still think it's still a bit off, because Hollywood business stuff, but you can make that argument in a clear manner. But what he shot has little to do with the circumstances of his dismissal from the picture.

If you're involved in a robbery as Best Buy, asking, "did you put that Blu-Ray on the shelf?" a year later isn't victim blaming, because it has nothing to do with the crime. Victim blaming as a term is related to believing victims of a crime about the circumstances of that crime.

And to really hammer this home. JoBlo on further comments Synder made:
Now it's important to note that there are several behind the scenes photos of Snyder shooting Cavill in the blue suit. In fact Snyder chose the blue suit and shot Cavill's scenes in such a way that the suit could be adjusted to black in post production. Indeed, this suit somewhat resembles a desaturated blue one. If you read through the comments as well, Snyder specifically states that he would have had Cavill's Superman wearing the black suit through most of JUSTICE LEAGUE, with the blue suit making a reappearance at a very specific moment.

And the costume designer:
"When we were prepping Justice League, at first it seemed that it might be a logical choice for the look of Superman when he's resurrected," Wilkinson said. "Zack is extremely respectful and passionate about the depiction of Superman in comic books and graphic novels, and traditionally when he is resurrected, he is in the black suit."

"But as the tone of the film developed and we were in pre-production, the filmmakers felt that the classic red and blue suit seemed more appropriate to our story and our script," Wilkinson said. "It seemed that a more positive, upbeat image of Superman was what was needed – the idea of hope and that the world could in fact be saved was important, so that's the direction that we went."

So again, "did he actually shoot with the black suit, or is this more of an aspirational statement?" is a pretty straightforward and valid question. And don't bring victim blaming in for something like movie production stuff.

Last edited:

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It's up to WB. Always has been.

"Did he really film that?"
I see MHWilliams already responded, but I don't think that's victim blaming, Fire. It's a legit question because different sources had different things to say and one suggested he was going to change it to black in post. Either way, I'm game with seeing the movie, but without knowing a release date, or if it will truly ever be released... I just don't want to be constantly reminded about it.

The last wave of hashtags were cool simply because it got ZS to prove the director's cut exists.

And I know it's up to WB, but the studio has been extremely quiet about anything dealing with DC movies. They don't communicate and if they did, the last thing they'd talk about would be the Snyder cut, IMO.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
ultracal31 did VFX work on Justice League and was the one who made the Snyder/Whedon scene comparison when the movie came out. IIRC he said the only black suit scene he saw was the scout ship where Clark just looks at it. WB later released it as a deleted scene.

Perhaps I misremember though, and he can clarify.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
ultracal31 did VFX work on Justice League and was the one who made the Snyder/Whedon scene comparison when the movie came out. IIRC he said the only black suit scene he saw was the scout ship where Clark just looks at it. WB later released it as a deleted scene.

Perhaps I misremember though, and he can clarify.
I remember that too. Which is why it's a legit question. And I was thinking of @ing ultracal but I try not to bother him. I know he's busy.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
He wanted to have two more films after Justice League? There being a part three is completely new stuff.

EDIT: Actually it isn't. Smith talked about a trilogy.

collider.com

Zack Snyder Justice League Trilogy Plans Revealed

Kevin Smith reveals what he's heard about Zack Snyder's original plans for the 'Justice League' trilogy, including Darkseid's cameo in the Snyder Cut of 'Justice League'.
"That was going to be the entire third movie," Smith said. "The heroes' last stand against Darkseid and the forces of Apokolips — holy fuck!"

its been 3 parts for a while

Officially, it was always two.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They have to do a timeskip for Shazam 2 I guess

Unless they're cool just pretending the characters haven't aged at all a la Arrested Development and George Michael

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Has very to little to do with "Did he film with the black suit?" Again, you're trying to bring A to B. Don't work that way, hoss. Has zero to do with victim blaming, even in the most charitable definition.

EDIT: In fact, let me explain why. The question "Did he deserve to get fired?" That could be construed as victim blaming, because it's about the circumstances. I still think it's still a bit off, because Hollywood business stuff, but you can make that argument in a clear manner. But what he shot has little to do with the circumstances of his dismissal from the picture.

If you're involved in a robbery as Best Buy, asking, "did you put that Blu-Ray on the shelf?" a year later isn't victim blaming, because it has nothing to do with the crime. Victim blaming as a term is related to believing victims of a crime about the circumstances of that crime.

And to really hammer this home. JoBlo on further comments Synder made:

And the costume designer:

So again, "did he actually shoot with the black suit, or is this more of an aspirational statement?" is a pretty straightforward and valid question. And don't bring victim blaming in for something like movie production stuff.
What are we arguing about again? Those sources make it obvious he intended to use the black suit but it got scrapped. He says a lot of stuff that have been scrapped in various phases.

And yeah, hollywood is shady af. It bares repeating.

Last edited:

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what Zack is on, but he's talking like he shot the rest of the movie with Clark in the black suit and he only gets the blue one at the very end where Clark does the shirt pull...
Going by that I can see why the studio wanted JL to be lighter in tone(not that I agree). They just went by it the wrong way.

Edit:
And it sure did seem like he was focusing too much on Superman's "journey"... I understand MOS being a precursor to boy scout Supes, but three JLs is a lot.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
They have to do a timeskip for Shazam 2 I guess

Unless they're cool just pretending the characters haven't aged at all a la Arrested Development and George Michael
For real. I was watching Fresh Off the Boat, and the asian kid went through puberty. Voice changed, taller. Duno how they can play around that. Maybe just focus on the adults?

Interesting.......chances of it being maybe like a direct sequel?!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
We getting footage fam!

EDIT - Looks like King Shark and Mad Hatter are being teased for something as well. I'd have to guess The Batman since SS is 2/3rd done filming and literally today, Gunn said on one of his Instagram stories that he's not adding anymore characters to his movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.