• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Is it going to be the "soft reboot" of the DCEU ?
As far as I know, it's not a soft reboot of any kind (except that it ignores a few things that happened in BvS and WW1 for convenience. For example, there's no direct mention of her walking away from humanity, they are pretty much ignoring that from BVS. Based on the people in the movie who see her save people and fight it's reasonable to assume she's a public figure and the BVS thing is being ignored or retconned.) [/spoiler ]

Last edited:

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Can you do a basic plot run down?
It basically revolves around Maxwell Lord's wishing stone. Several characters use it and it has disastrous consequences for everyone involved. Lord wishes to be president, Cheetah wishes to be powerful like Wonder Woman (but it completely changes her body and mind, in a bad way. She becomes more animal-like and power-hungry) and Diana wishes for Steve to be alive using the magic stone but it significantly drains her powers. if you recant your wish, your wish will be undone and you'll be back to how you were before you made the wish.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
may be best to use spoiler tags

[spoiler ] [/spoiler ]

without the spaces

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know, it's not a soft reboot of any kind (except that it ignores a few things that happened in BvS and WW1 for convenience. For example, there's no direct mention of her walking away from humanity, they are pretty much ignoring that from BVS. Based on the people in the movie who see her save people and fight it's reasonable to assume she's a public figure and the BVS thing is being ignored or retconned.) [/spoiler ]
So my suspicion was wrong. Phooey.

Still really hyped... especially if it's more Aquaman and Shazam like. Embracing the character is more important than deconstructing the character. IMO of course.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It basically revolves around Maxwell Lord's wishing stone. Several characters use it and it has disastrous consequences for everyone involved. Lord wishes to be president, Cheetah wishes to be powerful like Wonder Woman (but it completely changes her body and mind, in a bad way. She becomes more animal-like and power-hungry) and Diana wishes for Steve to be alive using the magic stone but it significantly drains her powers. if you recant your wish, your wish will be undone and you'll be back to how you were before you made the wish.

Awesome, thanks. Not quite what I was expecting, but I'll take it

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
The golden suit? No idea to be honest.

All I know about the suit is that it's forged from the armor of her fellow Amazons. The armor is supposed to be OP. Cheetah shreds the gold armor a lot as they tackle each other through various machinery in the final fight.

Uh.. her golden suit looks amazing, and the way you described a scene here Vullein070 sounds hype!

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Oh and by the way: as of right now, this is what Cheetah looks like in WW84.
image0.jpg

Keep in mind that they're still in post, they might add the clothing through CGI.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So my suspicion was wrong. Phooey.

Still really hyped... especially if it's more Aquaman and Shazam like. Embracing the character is more important than deconstructing the character. IMO of course.
People seem to want WB to reboot the DCEU within the movies themselves but that's simply not going to happen. There will be no "event" like Crisis or Flashpoint where they explicitly reboot everything, they're just going to ignore the Snyder films and do their own thing.
Oh and by the way: as of right now, this is what Cheetah looks like in WW84.
image0.jpg

Keep in mind that they're still in post, they might add the clothing through CGI.
Her Rebirth look is my preference she actually looks like a werecheetah and not a supermodel wearing body paint.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
This new animated Harley thing seems way more sharply written then I thought it would be, anyone here gave it a look ? Getting some real Venture bros vibes from what shown so far .

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
This new animated Harley thing seems way more sharply written then I thought it would be, anyone here gave it a look ? Getting some real Venture bros vibes from what shown so far .

Yeah watched episode 2 when it came out. I surprisingly really like Harley Quinn considering I wasn't that into Deadpool.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's the opposite of Cats where the prosthetics are on the face and the body is more CGI where the other they basically CGI a face on a body.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Yeah there are plans for a future JL movie, right now they're all just pitches and informal idea-sharing I think.

Geoff Johns is involved in a lot more, including movies that haven't been announced yet.
Thanks for the response and that's great news to hear. Final question from me, is there any chance we'll get Joe Mags as Deathstroke still or is that dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.