• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
They probably want the right director for it, they've really mishandled Superman so far in the DCU.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I think a big part is trying to break the idea that Superman "must be one way". If they would push out multiple versions very near each other that would go a long way of breaking that thought process. To many people even now hold on to the Reeves version, specifically the Clark and Superman dynamic. You have other offerings that don't fall back to that but more often then not shows get caught up in referencing it and reinforcing it.This is and was my biggest issue with Superman on Supergirl. They couldn't help themselves and reference the Reeves films and they didn't have to at all.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they have something they just haven't announced yet. At comic con last year they did say they'll have more to announce next year so who knows.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Probably waiting for the Witcher to drop, they can get the cavill hype train going if that turns into a mega hit.

the rock always mentions Superman when he talks about Black Adam, considering his agent/ex-wife has signed him I gotta believe there is something there. Let's go JJ.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I do imagine that Cavill is likely 100% in Witcher mode at the moment and we might not get anything more outside of that interview that just dropped. If this is all coordinated his more direct statement might be being saved. Cavill can only come off better in Snyder's version base don what we've seen already.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
IMO the question is whether WB wants to do another Superman movie in the short term, and after they will think about Cavill or not.
Right now the schedule is stacked-ish for DC/WB for the next two years, but an announcement would really please me for sure...

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Of course Cavill wants to keep being Superman. The question is whether WB still wants Cavill.
I feel like that question has been answered by the fact there are no plans for him. Gadot and Maoma have movies. Miller is being kept despite all the problems he's caused with getting Flash made. Cavill has basically been a good boy and kept his nose clean, didn't side with #ReleaseTheSnyderCut when all the rest did, but WB hasn't made any attempt to do anything with him.

It's the opposite of Affleck who wanted out while WB wanted him to stay. Cavill wants to stay but WB wants him replaced. That's my read of the situation.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that question has been answered by the fact there are no plans for him. Gadot and Maoma have movies. Miller is being kept despite all the problems he's caused with getting Flash made. Cavill has basically been a good boy and kept his nose clean, didn't side with #ReleaseTheSnyderCut when all the rest did, but WB hasn't made any attempt to do anything with him.

It's the opposite of Affleck who wanted out while WB wanted him to stay. Cavill wants to stay but WB wants him replaced. That's my read of the situation.

Where are you getting this from? you've said it before.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see another Cavill film, but I think the remains of that ship that weren't burned by JL have long since sailed

Wasn't the breakup between Affleck and WB mutual?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Where are you getting this from? you've said it before.
Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors," says a studio source.
This was the last rumor we heard from a reputable trade about Cavill's status and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed. Obviously the article is over a year old and plans have most likely changed with the success of Aquaman, Shazam, and Joker but clearly Cavill hasn't managed to change his situation any.
I'd love to see another Cavill film, but I think the remains of that ship that weren't burned by JL have long since sailed

Wasn't the breakup between Affleck and WB mutual?
I remember reading that WB wanted Affleck to be the star of Reeves Batman but Reeves wanted a recast and Affleck wanted out after BvS and JL, and because of personal health reasons so they parted amicably. Can't find a source now though.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
the Apple TV DC banner

o3frd6i2roz31.png

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
His No Batman policy is disappointing. Joker without Batman makes no sense, the first movie knows it.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017

Now that is surprising. I knew Philips would be down for more but getting phoenix back is huge. Never thought he'd be into a sequel, but hey I guess he loved the experience.

Interesting. Wonder if they'll bring in Batman? Also looks like Phillips will be doing Elseworld takes on other DC characters. Wonder if he'll stick to the Batverse or touch on other areas?
From the article they mention batman won't be in the joker sequel. I don't know why they would know that already but maybe Philips already shot down the idea and the joker sequel only focuses on Arthur?

Another interesting point is Philips wanted to make a separate elseworld dc movie label and was shot down, but that they did give him one other dc character to develop a story for besides the joker sequel.

The article mentions luthor, which I could see and makes sense. But they also mention darkseid as a possibility...which is like...what lol. Do you guys think that is genuinely in the cards for Todd Philips to develop a darkseid elseworld spin off? Cause the budget for that would likely be very big and more difficult to pull off. I feel like darkseid's inclusion in the article is just cause the author googled "DC bad guys" haha.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Now that is surprising. I knew Philips would be down for more but getting phoenix back is huge. Never thought he'd be into a sequel, but hey I guess he loved the experience.

From the article they mention batman won't be in the joker sequel. I don't know why they would know that already but maybe Philips already shot down the idea and the joker sequel only focuses on Arthur?

Another interesting point is Philips wanted to make a separate elseworld dc movie label and was shot down, but that they did give him one other dc character to develop a story for besides the joker sequel.

The article mentions luthor, which I could see and makes sense. But they also mention darkseid as a possibility...which is like...what lol. Do you guys think that is genuinely in the cards for Todd Philips to develop a darkseid elseworld spin off? Cause the budget for that would likely be very big and more difficult to pull off. I feel like darkseid's inclusion in the article is just cause the author googled "DC bad guys" haha.
I feel like Darkseid would be saved for Ava. We already did get a rumor about WB wanting a Lex Luthor movie after Joker was a success and that makes sense for me.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Man, I really want to know who the other character he got is.

I'm iffy on the sequel. I adored the hangover but the sequels were not good.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
So

I'm confused lol. Didn't expect to see trades fighting over which aspects of this story are true. The deadline article straight up refutes the idea Todd Philips asked for other dc characters.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really want to know who the other character he got is.

I'm iffy on the sequel. I adored the hangover but the sequels were not good.

The scuttle seems to be Luthor. So Wolf of Wall Street or 80s Wall Street with Luthor perhaps.

----
So

I'm confused lol. Didn't expect to see trades fighting over which aspects of this story are true. The deadline article straight up refutes the idea Todd Philips asked for other dc characters.

Wow. It's rare to see the trades actually outright say, "Nah, not true" to each other.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Stop wasting our time Todd Phillips and give us the dark gritty telling of the Condiment King's origin we all crave . Not doing that is leaving easy Oscars on the floor .

Status
Not open for further replies.