• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
The cameo actually works pretty well. The director said they originally planned to have Cavill sit down and have a chat but because they were filming in a real school and Cavill being busy they had to use the Shazam stunt double.

Spoilers obviously.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
That's my Batman 😻

Doesn't that have more to do with articles about method acting as a asshole character getting more clicks/generally being more publicized? Like wasn't DDL as Lincoln pretty sweet while he was in character?

Maybe there are more regular method actors playing nice characters around, but just don't have variety articles written about them lol

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Since you and James are thick as thieves, have you been briefed on any Orm-related matters of late?

(Laughs.) Yeah! I'm slightly briefed. Of course, I want to know everything, but I also have a great respect for him and the process to know that I'm okay staying out of it until it's late in the game. Sometimes, there's so much information that I don't ask because I don't want to know, and I don't want him to go, "I can't tell you that yet." I just throw a little dart here and there. I'll say, "So, what about this?" and he'll say, "Well, this is what I'm thinking." But, we talk a lot. It's funny, when I think about the answers that I gave you at the beginning of this and always pushing myself forward, even in the same genre, that's James to a t. I can tell you that even his concepts for Aquaman 2 are pushing it even further. Whatever that means. I have a few ideas of where Orm fits in, but I'm not gonna talk about them.

Last time we talked, I campaigned for Vera to play Mera's sister. So, I hope that's one of the ideas.

Right!? I pitch her all the time. I remember seeing Cate Blanchett in Thor and feeling, "Man, I would love a female villain…" I think Vera would be great in any role, really. She'd probably be like, "C'mon, get out of here, you guys." (Laughs.)

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
AQUAMAN was so full of stuff it was busting at the seams , it felt almost like a breathless race through kingdoms and lore.
I hope that now, with a great deal of the worldbuilding already done in the first movie, they can pace the second one better and get more good character moments in there .

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean Feigu?

Thought that we had lost him for gud.

584059208899756078.png

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Lmao it looks cool as hell but I wonder how villainous The Rock will be playing Adam. Definitely looking forward to this.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Before yes. Now, like The Punisher, he's seen as more of an anti-hero. He's Superman, but sad, angry, and he kills.
wprDjqb.jpg
So he and DCEU Superman would get along perfectly lol. I wonder if that's the plan, to have Black Adam take over the Superman role? The Rock has the charisma Cavill lacked and Supes is on ice for a while. And considering that WW has killed herself I don't know if Black Adam would honestly be a bad fit for the JL.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So that's 3 DC films for 2021 then.

It's going be a good year. The Batman is as safe a property for WB as possible, but the cast is really strong, so I'm seeing the billy there. The Suicide Squad should do very well too, given the first one crossed $746m. That leaves Black Adam, which has competition from Avatar 2, but A) I'm not sure how huge a draw Avatar is anymore and B) The Rock should drag that to at least $400m.

EDIT: OH GOD. We're getting Batman and Spider-Man in the same year. Like a month apart.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
So he and DCEU Superman would get along perfectly lol. I wonder if that's the plan, to have Black Adam take over the Superman role? The Rock has the charisma Cavill lacked and Supes is on ice for a while. And considering that WW has killed herself I don't know if Black Adam would honestly be a bad fit for the JL.
Why are you so concerned about killing? WW did it in the comics too.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It's going be a good year. The Batman is as safe a property for WB as possible, but the cast is really strong, so I'm seeing the billy there. The Suicide Squad should do very well too, given the first one crossed $746m. That leaves Black Adam, which has competition from Avatar 2, but A) I'm not sure how huge a draw Avatar is anymore and B) The Rock should drag that to at least $400m.

EDIT: OH GOD. We're getting Batman and Spider-Man in the same year. Like a month apart.
I'm really curious how suicide squad does. The first had a lot of reasons. The trailer being so loved, Joker being a box office draw, will smith, diversity of the cast, maybe people actually liking it in the real world etc.

Will their be the people that hates the first skipping this one? No joker or will smith effect it?

How Birds Of Prey does could give us a clue

That first trailer better be great.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Why are you so concerned about killing? WW did it in the comics too.
You know that was treated as a big deal in the comics right? Diana does not kill casually and not before making every effort to end a situation nonlethally. And plenty of WW creators and fans were not happy with her killing because they knew she would be viewed exactly how casuals view her now: As the Trinity member who is ok with killing.

Regardless my point was that given that the DCEU heroes don't have the same problem with killing as their comic counterparts, and given the Rock's charisma, I was actually wondering if he could end up on the JL. People seem to think he's going to end up being a straight villain but I'm not so sure. The Rock in a JL movie would be a hell of a way to get people interested again.

Status
Not open for further replies.