• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
England
Man this thread is... special

Not a single thing on Joker becoming the highest grossing R-Rated movie of all-time this weekend, but somehow even more complaining about other company's fans.

Seconded. I'm much more of a lurker here than a poster, but it does make for exhausting reading.

Did you guys see this?? Seriosuly? Is this dude serious.

What the fuck is wrong with this fandom?

How did you even find those tweets?

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like the BvS fight with Doomsday even if his design is hideous. It was choreographed and executed well on how gods would fight each other. It also showed Diana being a bad ass which is the complete opposite of JL where she was thrown around like a rag doll.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that's crazy about joker becoming the number 1 r-rated movie. Didn't know it was blowing up to that degree. Glad that it's doing so well despite of the media circus. Hell, the fraught pearl clutching probably drove more people to see the movie lmao.

I wonder what could dethrone joker now? Deadpool 3? It'd have to be something close to a billion right? Maybe dune?

It's not gonna be dune is it brehs 😞

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Pfffft Of course it won't be Dune.

My best guess is Deadpool 3... especially if they find a way to wrap him up in the MCU. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
It's apparently going to be close w/ Maleficent. Around $18-19 million for both of them.

Joker is going to roll past $800 million. What a fucking run.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Pfffft Of course it won't be Dune.

My best guess is Deadpool 3... especially if they find a way to wrap him up in the MCU. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.
Deadpool 3 ft. zombie Iron Man. Re-released a few months later to get it across that $1 billion mark because uncle feigu can't help himself.

I pray to Leo Sagittarius that we never get someone like him to run things for DC films. I gratefully accept the bad movies that we occasionally get if it means that there are fewer bland films that almost everyone is tricked into liking.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Deadpool 3 ft. zombie Iron Man. Re-released a few months later to get it across that $1 billion mark because uncle feigu can't help himself.

I pray to Leo Sagittarius that we never get someone like him to run things for DC films. I gratefully accept the bad movies that we occasionally get if it means that there are fewer bland films that almost everyone is tricked into liking.
I agree. DC's own worse enemy has been WB itself. But even they look to have realized they don't need to copy anyone and they really have embraced the film-maker driven approach they mentioned so many years ago. It doesn't need to be producer driven.

The only thing I want is to have a connected universe. They don't need to meet up and crossover in every movie. They don't need to reference everyone either. Having all these superheroes siloed into their own universe just doesn't work anymore. I just want to be sure Reeve's Batman and whoever plays Superman is on screen together at some point.

But if they want to keep everything separate again, then I'm done. They can't put it back in the box now and expect people to be happy with it.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I agree. DC's own worse enemy has been WB itself. But even they look to have realized they don't need to copy anyone and they really have embraced the film-maker driven approach they mentioned so many years ago. It doesn't need to be producer driven.

The only thing I want is to have a connected universe. They don't need to meet up and crossover in every movie. They don't need to reference everyone either. Having all these superheroes siloed into their own universe just doesn't work anymore. I just want to be sure Reeve's Batman and whoever plays Superman is on screen together at some point.

But if they want to keep everything separate again, then I'm done. They can't put it back in the box now and expect people to be happy with it.
I don't think WB is done with the interconnected universe. If Reeve's Batman does a billion and J.J. Abram's Superman does equally well then it's a certainty that we are getting a new Batman/Superman movie within the next decade. It has too much box office potential and the average moviegoer would have already forgotten Batman v Superman by then.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think WB is done with the interconnected universe. If Reeve's Batman does a billion and J.J. Abram's Superman does equally well then it's a certainty that we are getting a new Batman/Superman movie within the next decade. It has too much box office potential and the average moviegoer would have already forgotten Batman v Superman by then.
I hope so. I really do. It's why I've been so tepid when discussing Reeve's Batman because I just don't know what to expect. I don't know how WB is going to position the film. But I'm hoping for the best.

I just watched the Apes trilogy (never seen the last one) and it was great. Really enjoyed the last one too. So, we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
I bet my account that there won't be a Justice League film throughout the 2020s.

(edit: should clarify that a Justice League film with supes, bat, and ww in the roster, anything else (e.g. International, Dark) doesn't count)

Last edited:

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Feigu just cant let it go, needs to keep that ego stroked through his rabid fans. Scorsese better not take anything back.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll see a Justice League film within the next 5 years. Considering how much money Joker made and how DC Superhero films have been WB's biggest moneymaking franchise every year, there's no way we won't see a decent amount of projects greenlighted heading towards a potential team-up film. Whether it'll actually consist of the traditional league, who knows? But I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least we'd see Flash, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman, and Batman make up the majority of the roster.

Or you know, they could just release a certain cut of a certain film and it'd probably make a lot of money that way if WB had a decent marketing strategy :p

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. It's taken damn near 3 years for Reeves to start production.

I hope y'all are right though.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Of course we are getting another Justice League film, they just need to get Batman out first. I have a feeling they're gonna use Flash to reset some stuff in his upcoming movie.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense to use Flash to reset stuff but we'll see. It would be stupid of DC to not have another JL. As someone said their DC movies are their biggest moneymakers. After Fantastic Beasts 2 didnt do to well, they're probably taking some time to work on it again.

I like connected universes and the masses seem to as well. Don't know why certain people here are so against it. They just need to do it well. The Avengers movies and Civil War are just straight up fun to watch except Ultron of course.

Ive even been thinking that Shazam 2 might need a known hero or something to elevate it to the masses.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense to use Flash to reset stuff but we'll see. It would be stupid of DC to not have another JL. As someone said their DC movies are their biggest moneymakers. After Fantastic Beasts 2 didnt do to well, they're probably taking some time to work on it again.

I like connected universes and the masses seem to as well. Don't know why certain people here are so against it. They just need to do it well. The Avengers movies and Civil War are just straight up fun to watch except Ultron of course.

Ive even been thinking that Shazam 2 might need a known hero or something to elevate it to the masses.
Speaking of, the way Shazam let you know it was in the DCEU was nice and organic without going nuts. It's proof you can connect them and let the directors do what they want.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
My second waifu. Raptor took Milana Vayntrub from me
500495544536530945.png
so I divorced her and waifud Pom Klementieff. Sometimes known as mantis in the marvu universe.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Joker passed Wonder Woman's WW box office. Don't know if I should be happy or bitter. Or maybe both lol.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Its on the way to a billy. I never thought it would do this well, I said in the box office thread last week that I thought 600m would be the ceiling and that would of been fantastic.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's because I recently marathoned all of Primal, but hear me out for an idea of an R Rated DC villain movie....

Javier Bardem starts as... Vandal Savage, an epic spanning the entirety of human history.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
If Deathstroke happens, it'll be Stahelski and Keanu

Esai seems to be killing it on Titans from the clips I've seen

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was confirmed to be nothing more than an offhand conversation by Evans.
Last I heard, he actually has an idea and seems willing to jump on it if given the opportunity. Had a couple phone calls, including one with Manganiello. Studio just hasn't followed up on it.
HollywoodReporter

And yet Evans' treatment of Deathstroke sounds promising, to hear him speak about it: "It was an opportunity for me to do something different from what's out there at the moment." Different is good. Different, in this case, is "quite lean, quite mean in that way, and be something that wasn't afraid to go to some pretty dark places, because that character has some pretty dark history about him," Evans rattles off. He talks about the framework of Korean noir films, something hard-edged, unforgiving and free of bloat. If you can picture The Raid but with Manganiello kicking ass instead of Iko Uwais, you've got the basic outline of how Evans' Deathstroke might look if the project actually moves ahead.

Sounds similar to a pitch of another once far-fetched idea that turned out in spades.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest difference is a Deathstroke film could tie into whatever Reeves is doing. So I imagine no matter how good the pitch could have been, I think they're in a holding pattern on almost all things Batman related until Reeves lays the foundation.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
If y'all are at all curious check out watchmen on HBO, second episode just dropped. Jeremy Irons and his scenes are just 👌

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this Arrowverse thing will be ending soon. I figure Flash, Legend and Supergirl have at least another 1 or 2 seasons left. I love the shows but boy am I waiting for them to end. How many more are they gonna add?

I don't like WB benching Superman but i'm willing to wait for them to show their hands. Considering how things are for them now, It will be a bad idea if they dont do anything with Supes.

I hope the JJ Abrams rumors are true.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Superman TV show... Guess we aren't seeing Supes in any movies for the next 5 years at least.
His 85th anniversary will probably be when they announce the next reboot, if they ever plan to reintroduce him into the films. Honestly I'm fine with it. Only the diehards thought there was a chance in hell of Cavill coming back and this will at least keep him in the public eye. Hopefully the next try will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.