• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Just gotta say, I've never seen a successful property like the MCU have so many fans with fragile egos.

Maybe the early DCEU made us tough as nails... except Dierce.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss some bad news?

266121723697430528.png

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Children are basic in their wants for media and can't critically digest what they consume.

Children aren't looking for enlightenment when they watch a movie, despicable...
Scorsese, I understand what he means (McDonald's isn't gastronomy), maybe bad phrasing. Coppola... Dumb comment.
Problem is still grown-ups taking so seriously movies made for kids... It's kinda sad to observe.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
So the MCU = McDonalds thing has taken off? lol

I think I first made that comparison back in GAF days.

I don't know if it has taken off, but it's just what it is for me... I watch a lot of movies, from a lot of countries, including MCU, but blockbusters are just fast food. I enjoy fast food but I know what I am paying for and I'm not mad if an old chef thinks it's despicable.

Edit : DCEU is fast food too, but you never know what you're going to be served. Not trusted as a brand

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I watched that whole thing and I still can't believe that is a real thing that someone wasted their time on it. Like, I applaud the enthusiasm, but it's over. Put that effort into something new.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Snyder couldn't get his cut of Sucker Punch released at the height of his power at WB then his cut of Justice League will never see the light of day.

As much as I'd love to see it to see what he had envisioned for the film, it's never happening and if it does, it will be decades down the line when it doesn't matter.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure his cut is longer than 2 hours and don't contain a Russian family though. But if the rumours about Lois Lane getting killed and Superman going evil and that part with half of Cyborg, Batman and Flash being the ones left to save the world is true, I guess we got the less shitty version.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure his cut is longer than 2 hours and don't contain a Russian family though. But if the rumours about Lois Lane getting killed and Superman going evil and that part with half of Cyborg, Batman and Flash being the ones left to save the world is true, I guess we got the less shitty version.
Lois dying was in the original script, which Snyder and Terrio had to abandon after WB scrapped the JL two-parter. They rewrote the script into something less crazy.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Snyder's vision was a sprint to get it done but dude got knee capped before the half way mark. I love the dude but he obviously was not planning a universe, dude killed jimmy olson and he killed dick grayson. Like he was capping these characters with no mercy lol

Would've loved to see his cut of justice league but thats in the past and now we have have a billion dollar aquaman and maybe a billion dollar joker movie.

BTW I fucking hate when people keep saying ''insert film'' made more than JL lol. Yeah? than the same people will be like, ''of course joker is doing crazy numbers, joker is a beloved character, anything with batman will do gangbusters even if its trash'' goddamn, its embarrassing.

Last edited:

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Until there's a new Justice League that makes 3 trillion $ we'll always have this movie made more than Justice League. It's just their go to when they want to downplay the DCU.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because they were complaining about the thread for FFC's comments like it was a hit piece. And it's like, just two threads. Some of them wanted the thread closed because they thought it was a troll thread. Imagine having to ignore dozens.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I feel that if BvS were to release now it would have a better reception.
The public and media seems to be more receptive to "darker" movies and open to other types of movie than the marvel formula. It's easy to say that when you have a huge success like Joker, but I always thought that it was a movie ahead of its time.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The public and media seems to be more receptive to "darker" movies and open to other types of movie than the marvel formula. It's easy to say that when you have a huge success like Joker, but I always thought that it was a movie ahead of its time.
The theatrical cut is still messy, so I don't think releasing now would've made much of a difference.

That last minute butchering is probably what hurt reception the most.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Another MCU is trash cinema thread getting the marvu fanboys all riled up. Makes me wonder how they would react if an MCU film ever gets a rotten score on RT.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
The theatrical cut is still messy, so I don't think releasing now would've made much of a difference.

That last minute butchering is probably what hurt reception the most.
You're right, I was thinking about the UE, the theatrical cut doesn't exist anymore for me. it would need to be released in the UE version.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
BvS UC would be great as a black label/Elseworld's story like Joker. But I think reception would still be the same for it now if it was apart of the main DCEU.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Do you hear the fanboys sing? Singing the song of obsessed men? It is the music of a fanbase that will not be denied kino again!

In all seriousness life is pretty good for DC fans right now. We're getting actual kino with the Watchman TV show and I feel like DC's rep is on an upward trajectory. Don't see as many people saying DC should just "leave the movies to Marvel".

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm excited to see what gets announced at the HBO Max conference event on Tuesday, October 29.

It's likely that there will be some DC related news at that event.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

No, Joker wouldn't have helped that movie. It wasn't just the darkness of the Snyder movies that people didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.