• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phillips is a reactionary idiot but I'm still seeing Joker
He's saying nothing but truth though tbh. Only thing I didn't really like was him kinda equating a 'far left' with the far right.

But yes, the left can be annoying. Yes, 'woke' culture is doing a number on freedom of speech, expression, and sense of humor. Most who proudly consider themselves 'woke' are just approval seekers who don't really do anything but talk shit anyway.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Don't listen to what Era has to say regarding Harley. The real world loooooooves her and are not sick of her. WB ain't stupid in this regard. I've shown the trailer to a lot of co-workers today and all the women loved it and one is actively trying to find gold overalls to make that costume for this Halloween.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Don't listen to what Era has to say regarding Harley. The real world loooooooves her and are not sick of her. WB ain't stupid in this regard. I've shown the trailer to a lot of co-workers today and all the women loved it and one is actively trying to find her gold overalls to make that costume for his Halloween.
Era hating on a DC film? whats new

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
BoP trailer looking good, personally i wanted more Ewan chewing scenery, but i guess we saving his big moments for the full film .

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So this is going to be Cass Cain in name only looks like. Why did they even include her in this? Did they just want a Batfamily member to be Harley's sidekick but couldn't get Babs?

Trailer is pretty unappealing but I don't care about HQ so I was never the audience for this. I hope it doesn't flop.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Reddit upvotes and YouTube views probably aren't the best metric for buzz, but I was expecting higher numbers for the first real Birds of Prey trailer after 6 hours.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
He isn't wrong though

LOL. Wokeness hasn't done shit to chill comedy. Outrage culture has done less than nothing to any comedian.
dave-chappelle-sticks-and-stones.jpg

Offensive comedian?
81KcLKgxfgL._RI_.jpg

Sexual harassment accusation?
81098589-au.jpg

So let me be perfectly clear on this point: Nah. He has no good point. And if you think he does you're a dumbass. Woke ain't done shit to comedy and you can't come whining on one hand and taking millions in the other, because you ain't been hurt that much.

And chaser:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I come only from a place of love.

Todd just needs to stop talking and let the money roll in. Joker will be just fine and Birds of Prey looks great. Everything is coming up good for DC.
I know : )

Still don't know what to make of BoP. The small scale is an interesting choice, and one I welcome after having one too many "end of the universe" stories hit at once.

I wonder if there were no action scenes shown in the trailer because they're currently being re-shot

Oct 25, 2017
The BoP trailer had a nice flare to it, almost like a Baz Lhurmann film. I won't deny that the lack of suits kinda bums me out a bit, but then again, this is basically a origin story for black canary and huntress personas, I assume. Maybe towards the end of the movie. Other than that I'm fully onboard.

Just like Aquaman the cinematography is comicbooky as hell, hope WW84 follows the trend. Give me colors.

ps: the hyena was awesome

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Searched their Twitter for a higher res version, came back disappointed ☹

This has been rumored ever since he signed that deal with WB. It'd be cool if so but I won't believe it until we have a credible source.

Also, even with all the hate DC has gotten during Zack's reign, post Snyder DC can't still catch a break, even if the movies delivered on a critical and financial scale.

I for one am looking forward to Joker this Thursday and will be seeing BOP opening night as well.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Don't listen to what Era has to say regarding Harley. The real world loooooooves her and are not sick of her. WB ain't stupid in this regard. I've shown the trailer to a lot of co-workers today and all the women loved it and one is actively trying to find gold overalls to make that costume for this Halloween.
thats good to hear. People love harley quinn, ERA act's like she's been overly pushed when its gonna be 3 1/2 years since she was on
I don't get it. People are saying that DC is scared of having characters in their costumes.... Where is this coming from? Did all the movies from before not have their costumes? Did I just imagine Shazam?
Aquaman had black manta with his giant ass helmet and they even had an octopus playing the drums! DC can embrace the comics but it don't mean much if you willfully ignore it.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who listened to that podcast, I will note that Kroll at least spoke a bit about Catwoman. As the rumors have been suggesting for the past month or so, Matt Reeves is apparently looking for a woman of color to play Selina and that we'll get final casting news on her before the end of October. The names he's heard apparently indicate that Reeves is "going in an interesting direction" with her.

If I had to guess, at least one of those names is probably Janelle Monae. Jeff Sneider, Collider's primary news scooper, mentioned on a podcast a few weeks back that he'd heard her name was in the running and a couple of the other less immediately reliable scoopers backed that up too. IMO, it makes a ton of sense; Reeves initially wanted Masherala Ali for Gordon and Janelle's co-starred with him in two recent critically acclaimed films (most notably Moonlight). Moreover Monae herself is shaping up to be a legit capable actor in her own right that could play well off of a cast of talent like Pattinson, Hill and Wright and she's about the same age as Pattinson is too.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be honest, the BoP trailer didn't really worked for me. Too much HQ and not enough Canary and Huntress or Cain.
I understand that they will sell this movie on HQ alone, but the "DC Fantasy" was almost absent from it.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who listened to that podcast, I will note that Kroll at least spoke a bit about Catwoman. As the rumors have been suggesting for the past month or so, Matt Reeves is apparently looking for a woman of color to play Selina and that we'll get final casting news on her before the end of October. The names he's heard apparently indicate that Reeves is "going in an interesting direction" with her.

If I had to guess, at least one of those names is probably Janelle Monae. Jeff Sneider, Collider's primary news scooper, mentioned on a podcast a few weeks back that he'd heard her name was in the running and a couple of the other less immediately reliable scoopers backed that up too. IMO, it makes a ton of sense; Reeves initially wanted Masherala Ali for Gordon and Janelle's co-starred with him in two recent critically acclaimed films (most notably Moonlight). Moreover Monae herself is shaping up to be a legit capable actor in her own right that could play well off of a cast of talent like Pattinson, Hill and Wright and she's about the same age as Pattinson is too.
Would love Monae to play the role.

Either way, with or without JJ, they need to get things moving for Supes. And for the love of God, they need to let fans know if Reeve's Batman will be the same universe as BoP.

Oct 25, 2017
Would love Monae to play the role.

Same. She'd be an inspired casting choice IMO!

And for the love of God, they need to let fans know if Reeve's Batman will be the same universe as BoP.

It almost certainly isn't. BoP is sticking with the Snyder-era continuity, based on the synopsis hinting that Batman's been missing for awhile- that indicates it's still Batfleck in that world.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Well we know batflek isn't coming back so what are they going to do? Never have a Batman in that universe again?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Batman would still be active since this would presumably take place after JL.

The truth is we have no idea what is happening in regards to continuity until Matt Reeves says out of his mouth.

Oct 25, 2017
Well we know batflek isn't coming back so what are they going to do? Never have a Batman in that universe again?

Possibly. There's moves they could theoretically do, but I'm not sure how likely it is that Warner Bros will bother anytime soon.

Batman would still be active since this would presumably take place after JL.

The truth is we have no idea what is happening in regards to continuity until Matt Reeves says out of his mouth.

From the sound of things, Batfleck went missing some point after JL- the synopsis for BoP literally mentions it's been several years since anyone last spotted Batman.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Joker is finally certified fresh

Possibly. There's moves they could theoretically do, but I'm not sure how likely it is that Warner Bros will bother anytime soon.

From the sound of things, Batfleck went missing some point after JL- the synopsis for BoP literally mentions it's been several years since anyone last spotted Batman.
They just took the easy way out because they were still figuring out the Batman thing (and still are....)

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
We did it bois. Never doubted it for a second.
584059208899756078.png

They just took the easy way out because they were still figuring out the Batman thing (and still are....)
Yeah at this point it doesn't matter. Reeves already confirmed that no characters outside of the batman universe will crossover into his film. I think Reeves Batman will be completely standalone but then it's up to Pattinson and whoever else gets cast to decide if they want to do JL2 or whatever DCEU movie WB decides to push for.

It's similar to how WB wanted to get Bale back for BvS. If the actors want to do it then fine if not then we will get a new Batman for JL2 or The Justice League if they go for a reboot.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Having Reeves Batman be the new default Batman sounds way better than having a Reeves universe with all the Bat family and another separate universe with HQ and other Batman villains in the old DCEU. Fucking terrible if that's the case.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Having Reeves Batman be the new default Batman sounds way better than having a Reeves universe with all the Bat family and another separate universe with HQ and other Batman villains in the old DCEU. Fucking terrible if that's the case.
My guess? While Reeves has no intention of bringing the non-Batverse into his movies, that doesn't mean a hypothetical "The Justice League" couldn't use his Batman. Provided of course that Reeves deal doesn't let him veto anyone but himself using Battison. But again there is no JL movie coming any time soon.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Due to my job being understaffed, I have no clue when I'll get out to see Joker. Hope everyone has a good and safe time.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I know Reeves won't do this, but in a comicbook kind of way, he could say that his Batman took those years off after Justice League to find himself and reset his state of mind. Maybe even took a dip in the Lazarus Pit to get rejuvenated now that there are other heroes in the world and Bruce wanted to be apart of this new era? I mean, there's not a chance in hell Reeves actually boggles his story down with all that exposition, but it could solve the universe problem.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I really loved that Birds of Prey trailer. It was a lot of fun, her accent is fantastic, the hyena great and the little action there was looked good. Ewan seem to have a blast. Just give me a Harley Quinn movie really, love her. I don't have any deep affinity to the source material so no accurate costumes don't bother me, I think Huntress and Canary look fine.

Less than 1 day till Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.