• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will admit, Margots Harley voice seems a lot "stronger" this time around compared to how she sounded in Suicide Squad. Like she's was from Brooklyn, NY in SS but in BOP she's like from deep Long Island, NY lol

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I will admit, Margots Harley voice seems a lot "stronger" this time around compared to how she sounded in Suicide Squad. Like she's was from Brooklyn, NY in SS but in BOP she's like from deep Long Island, NY lol
Margot herself looks noticeably older, and that works really great for what they're aiming for, like a true "coming of age" of harley Quinn. No media has explored that so I'm all for it.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Loved the trailer. Always expected it to be about HQ. The end of trailer stinger joke actually got me. Perfect HQ

Did Philips actually say comedy is dead? Because it's not in the quote but it's in the title

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Not feeling BoP at all. Still looking forward to seeing the Joker this weekend, and then the wait for WW84 begins

Last edited:

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the trailer. Always expected it to be about HQ. The end of trailer stinger joke actually got me. Perfect HQ

Did Philips actually say comedy is dead? Because it's not in the quote but it's in the title

"Go try to be funny nowadays with this woke culture," he says. "There were articles written about why comedies don't work anymore—I'll tell you why, because all the fucking funny guys are like, 'Fuck this shit, because I don't want to offend you.' It's hard to argue with 30 million people on Twitter. You just can't do it, right? So you just go, 'I'm out.' I'm out, and you know what? With all my comedies—I think that what comedies in general all have in common—is they're irreverent. So I go, 'How do I do something irreverent, but fuck comedy? Oh I know, let's take the comic book movie universe and turn it on its head with this.' And so that's really where that came from."

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. People are saying that DC is scared of having characters in their costumes.... Where is this coming from? Did all the movies from before not have their costumes? Did I just imagine Shazam?

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
jQwWY2R.jpg

WhY Is dc AfRAid Of bEIng cOMic_aCCuraTE?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the costume thing is the next bullshit they use to slam DC movies now that Snyders gone.
I honestly don't understand how people can think this. Every single DC media (tv, cartoon, movies) has the characters in their outfits. Why would they think it's a thing, if, and that's a big if BoP strays from that?

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So he doesn't actually say comedy is dead

He's saying the same thing Bill Burr said on his Netflix special but just not in front of an audience during standup. Even Chapelles last special was all about the same thing basically

As other have pointed out, they also got criticized for it. Chappelle especially.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
I am freaking hyped my dudes. Yes it's still early, and we all know that Rope Guy: The Movie had an amazing trailer but this feels different. And yeah I can see why people aren't sold on it yet, because there isn't much to go on but from the very little that I've seen I am sold. Day one.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I was actually really worried that the trailer would just feel really "off" and aimless, but after seeing it, it feels like a "real movie" if that makes any sense? It also doesn't look cheap, as in everything being shot in a sound stage or on CG plates. It feels lived in. I really hope all the DC movies in the future can still tie in and feel like they're apart of the same universe.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
This is also what happens when you let directors have full control over their movies. DC should've stepped in for certain things and said, "No, Black Mask needs to wear his mask".

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
This is also what happens when you let directors have full control over their movies. DC should've stepped in for certain things and said, "No, Black Mask needs to wear his mask".

I mean....so people have seen the movie and know that he doesn't have his mask at all? The events of the movie, could lead up to him wearing it.

Honestly, it's a 2min trailer, and people are acting like they've seen it already.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I mean....so people have seen the movie and know that he doesn't have his mask at all? The events of the movie, could lead up to him wearing it.

Honestly, it's a 2min trailer, and people are acting like they've seen it already.
I'm just parroting what I've heard. I don't know for sure if he doesn't have it. But those leaks that came out seem to line up with what we've been seeing.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think Joker will get a certified fresh on RT. I believe it fell under 75% at one point so doesn't matter if it ends up at 80% or higher.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
That BoP trailer was fucking great. People seem to be positive on it outside of this forum...

But yeah, Margot nailed the fucking accent! Love the look of the movie and I've accepted the lack of costumes long ago from the set pics. I kinda wish they were there but the look of the movie kind of compensates for that.

Either way, it's opening night for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.