• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The modern Suicide Squad is, for all intents and purposes, Harley's team. I doubt any movie about them gets made without her in it.

Margot Robbie, Will Smith, Viola Davis, and Jai Courtney are the only ones I think the sequel absolutely needs. Everyone else can go and it'll be fine.

That said, the sequel needs to be diverse. I think the secret sauce of the first that made it so successful was that it had such a diverse cast. It was a story where mostly woman and men of color were the key players and heroes. I wasn't surprised at all to find out it played really well to Black and Latin audiences.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I would argue that Harley (and Joker) aren't necessary for Suicide Squad sequels, especially with Harley having BoP (and hopefully Sirens) as her group. I liked the idea of Vixen or perhaps Killer Frost or both sort of replacing her as the female lead.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I would argue that Harley (and Joker) aren't necessary for Suicide Squad sequels, especially with Harley having BoP (and hopefully Sirens) as her group. I liked the idea of Vixen or perhaps Killer Frost or both sort of replacing her as the female lead.

They're not but Harley and Joker are huge, there's no way they don't at least have Harley in there somewhere.

There were a ton of Harley cosplay for Halloween in 2016.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Note, I'm differentiating between narrative aspects (Suicide Squad doesn't really need Harley) and executive decision making (these are the marquee actors).

WB likely sees SS as a Smith/Robbie vehicle first, and I'm not seeing that change unless director with enough pull wants to drop them.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Yo Manta and Deathstroke could appear in SS2.

I want to see the pair share a screen as they have amazing costumes.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Suicide Squad 2 team wishlist

Keep:
Deadshot
Boomerang
Harley

Ditch:
Flagg (who cares)
Katana (love her, but they did nothing with her. Plus, she'd be better off in BoP imo)
Croc (ugh no)
Enchantress (again, who cares)

Add:
Livewire
Vixen
King Shark
Cheshire
Weather Wizard
Angle Man

Angle Man would take Slipknot's place as the red shirt, though not as telegraphed. I thought about putting Manta in there, but that would mean SS2 comes out after Aquaman 2, and I don't think that's going to happen. Also, I know Weather Wizard kind of makes Livewire redundant powerwise, but I love Livewire and want her in so bad. Plus, I couldn't think of another Latin supervillain besides WW.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw Spiderverse and liked it. I took my younger siblings and my husbando. Everyone loved it and while I really enjoyed it, I think I came into it a little bit too hyped. Easily the best animated movie of last year but it probably ranks bellow Aquaman for me.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
I can see where people took issue with the humor in Aquaman. Oddly, I thought the lines themselves were funny but the timing was off so they didn't hit quite right.

Anyway, brief thoughts. Overall pretty good. Very impressive CG output. Kidman scenes had me tearing up a couple of times. Found it kind of funny how every mellow scene was followed by a pause and then explosion. Manta was cool. Orm had more potential but kinda fell flat. Arthur and Mera were good. Final shot was cheese.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I can see where people took issue with the humor in Aquaman. Oddly, I thought the lines themselves were funny but the timing was off so they didn't hit quite right.

Anyway, brief thoughts. Overall pretty good. Very impressive CG output. Kidman scenes had me tearing up a couple of times. Found it kind of funny how every mellow scene was followed by a pause and then explosion. Manta was cool. Orm had more potential but kinda fell flat. Arthur and Mera were good. Final shot was cheese.
Nice to see you enjoyed it. Where would you rank it?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The humor in Aquaman is even worse than it is in NuWars, but the worst of it all is contained in the Sahara section (which should have been cut entirely).

That "swamp butt" line was something else

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
The humor in Aquaman is even worse than it is in NuWars, but the worst of it all is all contained in the Sahara section (which should have been cut entirely).

That "swamp butt" line was something else
Can't believe we had a "bad smell joke" where the hero smells himself and agrees. In 2018. I don't know how that didn't get cut.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see you enjoyed it. Where would you rank it?

Hmm, haven't done a ranking in a while. Let's see...

Man of Steel
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Batman v Superman
Suicide Squad
Justice League

Can't believe we had a "bad smell joke" where the hero smells himself and agrees. In 2018. I don't know how that didn't get cut.

That one got a big laugh at my showing. One of the few to get any laugh at all.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

They tried to get rid of me But from ocean to ocean They are gonna have to deal with me Ayooooo! I been overlooked, slept on Stepped on, left for dead

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
91234.png

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder Woman raging in the third act after Steve dies is like a Top 5 moment for me. Nothing in Aquaman came close.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I didn't like is when they showed David Thewlis's head clearly on a CGI body. Ares is a literal God. They should have gone all Sauron with a modified voice. Took me out of that scene completely.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Best DCEU action scenes:

1. Batman warehouse fight -- BvS
2. Undersea battle -- Aquaman
3. Smallville all of it -- MoS
4. Italy and Black Manta -- Aquaman
5. No man's land -- WW

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Remember when we thought it was gonna possibly sink against the competition?

Yeeted on them goofy movies.

(On some real shit though, browsing Youtube reveals that this movie's success makes some people very, very mad. The salt is crazy and has people making 20 minute diatribes on how it's no good and DC Films is still a failure and yadda yadda. It's weird.)

Wonder Woman raging in the third act after Steve dies is like a Top 5 moment for me. Nothing in Aquaman came close.
I still say the only thing that makes the third act "bad" is that the Ares reveal is not better woven into the plot. Sure they talk about him a lot, but you're led to believe that it's just a myth Diana is clinging onto because she doesn't want to accept the truth about man's world. So when he is revealed, it's like "WTF wait...."

That said, the end fight is serviceable, Steve's sacrifice and Diana's rampage are great, and Diana's ultimate conclusion about love works with her character in the film. So many of the third act complaints feel like people reaching for any reason to dislike the movie.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

(On some real shit though, browsing Youtube reveals that this movie's success makes some people very, very mad. The salt is crazy and has people making 20 minute diatribes on how it's no good and DC Films is still a failure and yadda yadda. It's weird.)

I still say the only thing that makes the third act "bad" is that the Ares reveal is not better woven into the plot. Sure they talk about him a lot, but you're led to believe that it's just a myth Diana is clinging onto because she doesn't want to accept the truth about man's world. So when he is revealed, it's like "WTF wait...."

That said, the end fight is serviceable, Steve's sacrifice and Diana's rampage are great, and Diana's ultimate conclusion about love works with her character in the film. So many of the third act complaints feel like people reaching for any reason to dislike the movie.

I need me some receipts on these videos...

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I need me some receipts on these videos...
Truly.

As for action scenes

1.smallville
2. Warehouse
3.zod vs Superman DBZ af
4. Underwater battle
5. no mans land

I rate the zod fight highly because I think it nails the feeling of a fight between gods. I think justice league made everybody look weak in the face of Superman.

Steve's sacrifice, Black zero and first flight are top 3 emotional moments.

IconGrist

Oct 26, 2017
TOP 5 BONANZA!!

Top 5 DCEU Action
5. Steve's sacrifice
4. Trinity vs Doomsday
3. Warehouse rescue
2. Aquaman underwater battle
1. Smallville 2 on 1

Top 5 DCEU Emotion
5. Lawton helps with homework
4. "Never."
3. Lois realizes Clark is dead
2. "Can I just keep pretending to be your son?"
1. Steve's sacrifice

Top 5 DCEU Character Showcase
5. Superman/Lex on the roof
4. Jor-El/Zod final talk
3. Diana hears Steve
2. One percent chance
1. The Superman Question

Top 5 DCEU Laughs
5. Molester attempts to push Clark
4. "You mean you were lying!?"
3. Perry can't find Clark.
2. Aquaman
doesn't like pictures
1. Clark sees Barry

Top 5 You're Screwed Now
5. Superman recovers from kryptonite
4. Batman doesn't appreciate being stabbed
3. Wonder Woman pops in to say hello
2. He believes in truth and is a big fan of justice
1. Senator Finch regrets her analogy

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017

Yo, it's all over my youtube as well. And I'm mad at Double Toasted giving it the ratings they did. They were too harsh on the film in areas they forgive other movies for.

But, hey, it's hitting a billy so it's obviously resonating with audiences.

I enjoyed it

Good to finally see everything in context
That's awesome! What was your favorite moment? And how was it working on this vs JL?

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why this made me laugh so hard but thank you.

good times making you laugh

Yo, it's all over my youtube as well. And I'm mad at Double Toasted giving it the ratings they did. They were too harsh on the film in areas they forgive other movies for.

But, hey, it's hitting a billy so it's obviously resonating with audiences.

That's awesome! What was your favorite moment? And how was it working on this vs JL?

It's kinda like how people give Antman 2 a pass and they struggle to do the same with this one despite Aquaman (for me anyway) isn't as bland

My fave moment in this movie is the kings trident scene. Mostly because I remember that scene and thought to myself 'is this the he-man moment?'

Regarding this to JL? Mostly AM had :

- lots of VFX to work with as every day was handling 2-3 TBs
- no major 'reshoots' in the sense that the movie was drastically adjusted, the essence of the movie remained the same

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I told y'all to stop fretting before.
Believe in the chosen Wan.

And from July:
Momoa is still a weakish link, but Aquaman looks fantastic. James Wan getting his upgrade with this film.

And Shazam! I've always had a fondness for the Big Red Cheese and the film looks like it's fun as hell.

DC is fully into the game now. Aquaman, Shazam, and WW84 will probably be great too.

I didn't expect a runaway, but I knew Wan would deliver.

Shazam will do fine. Joker is going to go for it. WW84 will be flat or slightly up.

Status
Not open for further replies.