• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2017
Is this dude really cringey to anyone else? Seems super desperate for attention.
Absolutely. His scoops used to be cool, but his ego has gotten so big. He loves the attention it has given him and he's completely changed. There's a cult of worshippers in the mentions of nearly all his tweets.

Did anyone else order BTAS from Amazon? Mine didn't come with a digital code...what should I do?

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017

James-Wan-Aquaman-Facebook-comments.jpg

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So... we'll hear back news some point this year is essentially what it is saying

Aaron: When will we hear who will lead Matt Reeves' The Batman? Presumably, it won't be Ben Affleck.

Borys: The script is basically in, although Reeves will continue tweaking it and working on it. And I'm hearing the studio wants to start shooting in November. So let's say between now and then?
https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/view/518d53f9191b2a646dbcdf4d9alx9.1hk/8cca7c9e

a916

Oct 25, 2017
So 2025?

Honestly won't believe anything until it's in production... and even then, they could just push it back too.

Still not too sure I'm behind the reasoning for the WW2 push back

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I really couldn't care less about Reeves' Batman film right now tbh. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Man the Aquaman scene in JL with Mera is really rough especially after the Aquaman movie. Looks so bad, Amber Heard looks like she is been held by a crane.

James Wan and the VFX team nailed everything regarding the underwater scenes in Aquaman. Crazy what a good director can do with a big budget.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
So we'll get the official announcement of Zac Efron replacing Affleck around the summer.

If the word is true about Reeves' Batmayn being less of an action blockbuster and more of a small scale detective film are true, than they could absolutely have it out by November 2020.

Another effect of Aquaman's success is WB no longer need Batman to be their only viable cash cow, and could now take more risks with the character.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched CW Elseworlds. It's actually pretty crazy what they've been able to accomplish here on the CW of all places. Even the way they incorporated Supergirl, a show from a completely different network into all of it. I also admire that they tried to go all out with the Superman, even if it looked pretty comical at times. Their attempt at the MoS punch is....admirable lol

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a chance to see Aquaman, and I really enjoyed it. Manta was as badass as he should be, hope to see him really unleashed in the sequel.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm been thinking if Reeves carries on some of the tone from his apes movies, would Batman's cowl be CGI enhanced to show deeper emotions during quieter scenes. It's becoming more and more common across Rorschach, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Ocean Master, and so on.

Nothing so crazy as animated eyes but maybe some brow movement,

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
So that would leave Superman as the only property WB is still figuring out.
Lol they've figured out what to do with him: Put him on ice. Sucks for me but I'm tired of all the hacks trying to "fix" him. Either use the source material or just don't use him.

As much I disliked what came before I'm so happy to live in a world where Aquaman does so goddamn well. Dude is like Daredevil in that he's maintained a level of consistent quality over the years in the comics that has often gone unappreciated. Doubt DC will cease their obsession with Batman though.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The good thing about the DCEU now I guess is

WB has found 3 ways that work and one that doesn't (or needs a guiding hand for)

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are similar movies, but also not. Wonder Woman is a bit more earnest in her approach like I said when it came out (and Jenkins has said) it shares roots with Donner's Superman (and to a similar degree Raimi's Spider-man) in that it wears its heart on its sleeve via the hero being emotionally available for any and everything in the movie. This doesn't work for all heroes (see Batman) but it's a good method (and personally my favorite type)

Then there's Aquaman which leans more into the spectacle of comic books. Big colorful costumes, imaginative worlds, a host of powers and honestly so much source material that you can afford to go big from the jump. To be honest, before Aquaman and Infinity War, I was all in the camp of slowly easing folks into these worlds, but clearly if your movie believes in what it's selling the audience will go along with it. So I really really really need them to go full blast with the Green Lantern flick.

Finally, there's Suicide Squad. I will be honest with you, I have no idea what the movie does right, but it spoke to people and it has a loyal following. Much like Venom, I don't know how you replicate it, but there's something there.

And we know the one method that didn't quite work for them so we won't go through that again.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Suicide Squad was the definition of fun to watch. That's it. Lean into the fun aspect of the characters with James Gunn like GOTG and it will be fine.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Reeves better pull something good outta his ass. No DC movie I'm really looking forward to at the moment.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Considering that Aquaman has become such a breakout hit, when do you guys expect a formal announcement on the sequel?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Suicide Squad shouldn't be "fun". It should be depressing. The comics are usually very sad somber takes on bad people being forced to do "good" (or whatever the government seems as good) things. Read Ostrander's run from the late 80s - the most well known SS run - to see this. It's very good.

If we want a fun (but occasionally sad) take, Secret Six is better for that.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If suicide squad wasn't fun it'd have bombed hard. Harley wouldn't have been a thing in a depressing bleak film.

WB really wants Harley to be a Deadpool type character more grounded just as fun. I can see BOP totally doing the Deadpool thing where she teams up with BOP and they're serious like colossus and negasonic.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Suicide Squad shouldn't be "fun". It should be depressing. The comics are usually very sad somber takes on bad people being forced to do "good" (or whatever the government seems as good) things. Read Ostrander's run from the late 80s - the most well known SS run - to see this. It's very good.

If we want a fun (but occasionally sad) take, Secret Six is better for that.

You're not getting that SS, at least not in a film. This version, with Harley in tow, is Dirty Dozen with superheroes. Like most of the modern comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.