• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
A very late Merry Christmas DCEU fam. Got a nice haul of presents this year. One of which was Smash Bros that I have to wait until I get home next week to play. Also got the JL box which I'm going to try to watch before my second viewing of Aquaman. Happy Holidays everyone!

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Funny story: When the DC logo popped up before Aquaman and showed off all the character, a woman asked her friends "wait, so where was Wakanda?"
I guarantee you a not small number of people had to explain why Superman or Batman weren't in Infinity War when they took their non-comic movie fanatics friends and family to go see it.

I listen to "The Read" podcast and it's always funny whenever these movies come up. One host, Kid Fury, is a huge nerd who's super into this stuff while his cohost, Crissle, only kind of gets it. He'll start talking about Marvel and DC and she cannot keep straight which characters go where and clearly doesn't care to. That's anecdotal, but I'm pretty Crissle represents how the average person responds to these things. When you spend as much time following this shit as we do, it's easy to forget how....unimportant it is to others.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Man of Steel?
tenor.gif

It's Christmas, why do you have to ruin my day :(

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
2 hours for me. Cant waaaait. Never in my life would i think to go in an aquaman movie but they did it. Respect for that already

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The irony is that he defended Whedon's abuse of power and sexual objectification of women and yet he's parroting about toxic fandoms.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I say, if Zatt is permed or banned for the time-being, we move on and not slander him when not around to defend himself.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
I say, if Zatt is permed or banned for the time-being, we move on and not slander him when not around to defend himself.

Can we slander Leo or Raptor?

The music in Aquaman was bad btw, like it tried to underline certain moments and felt very out of place. No memorable theme either. Very disappointing after the WW OST. WB should call Justin Hurwitz.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for that Shazam trailer. Surprised we haven't gotten an official trailer that isn't a teaser yet, it's only a few months until the movie comes out.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Can't wait for that Shazam trailer. Surprised we haven't gotten an official trailer that isn't a teaser yet, it's only a few months until the movie comes out.
Shazam is the most excited that I have ever been for a DCEU movie
Crazy that we're getting movies of both Captain Marvels in the same year, and they both come out within a month of each other

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I'm waiting for a trailer to show me what exactly is supposed to make Shazam so appealing to someone like me. The teaser was alright but I got a kids vibe from the whole thing.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I disagree with this. The blowback from Justice League is real, and it had consequences. I know it's not popular around these parts, but I don't think Cavill is coming back as Superman. I think that there's a lot of conversations happening about what to do with Reeves Batman, and I think Aquaman being a success is good for those like myself that would like to see DC having a shared universe, but that doesn't mean that the shared universe we'll get is the one that we had until Aquaman.

What I think it'll happen: WB will convince Reeves to reboot Batman in a way that it's possible for the character to be integrated in the shared universe again. Superman will follow the same route, eventually. Flash might get his film with Ezra as the lead, but I'm less sure about that than I am about Cavill returning or not. I think Aquaman and Wonder Woman prove that the right approach was always to introduce these characters in their own films first, make their "Justice League" later. I don't think this has been discussed here, but Brett Lang is the Executive Editor of Variety and way more knowledgeable about what is actually going on behind the scenes than us, and here's what he had to say about the future of the DCEU:

This is part of a bigger article that was discussed here before: https://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/aquaman-box-office-dc-future-1203095414/

But I think Lang brings some interesting tidbits in the video interview.

This has been brought up before, but Amy Adams talked with Nicole Kidman about the same thing that Lang talks about it here, about how WB is essentially "resetting" the DCEU going further, and how she thinks that she's not a part of it anymore:

What is so interesting about Aquaman breaking out and Wonder Woman 2 hopefully doing the same is that it's getting harder for the WB camp to justify not to make these characters part of a shared universe. It's my understanding that Matt Reeves didn't want his Batman to have absolutely nothing to do with the DCEU, and not just about being set in the past. It was presented to him as a similar deal than the one that is happening with Joker. But Aquaman and Wonder Woman doing loads of money makes it harder to justify that. So what I think will happen is that Reeves will be forced to play ball and eventually we'll get some kind of Flashpoint or Rebirth of the DC Films universe, if you will, with a new Superman and Batman with their respective rebooted casts.

I honestly don't think it's feasible for WB to not push for that. It might take some time, tho. I could even buy in Cavill and Miller returning, but Affleck is definitely out, and even if Reeves doesn't want to, I think the rebooted Batman will eventually show up with the rest of the films characters in an eventual Justice League Rebirth, Flashpoint or something.

Wish guy would just make more insightful posts like this rather than pick unnecessary fights.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
They're negotiating about Cavill's cameo as we speak so they can drop the bomb in the next trailer.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Cavill stays as Superman, give him the right direction and I think he can be a fantastic Superman. For all it's faults I think he was a great Superman in Justice League once he showed up in the suit.

Let Affleck be the Batman he was in BvS but without the killing and their two main hero's are golden.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Think the guys agent asked for too much money which annoyed WB.

I'm guessing it's more a case of there simply being no plans for Superman rather than not wanting Cavill.

Hopefully a director can come back to WB with an interesting idea for a Superman film. Perhaps..... Snyder redemption arc?

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Shazam continues the tradition of DC movies having shit jokes.

"I don't know how to pee in this thing!"

HAHAHA omg brilliant writing there!

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I can't believe Aquaman is doing so well at the box office. If it meets Wonder Woman's worldwide total I'll be so happy!

I would imagine, if its momentum keeps up, it has a good chance of usurping BvS as their highest grossing film.

Wonder Woman didn't really catch in China the way Aquaman has, which will help it make up for not doing WW numbers domestically.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
It has already out-grossed WW in the foreign BO, $415,500,000 vs $409,283,604 for WW https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dcfilm0617.htm . It certainly has a shot of making more worldwide.
I would imagine, if its momentum keeps up, it has a good chance of usurping BvS as their highest grossing film.

Wonder Woman didn't really catch in China the way Aquaman has, which will help it make up for not doing WW numbers domestically.
Does it have a chance of one bill?

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Not surprised at all that Aquaman is doing so well. It's a big fun effects driven blockbuster, the kind audiences love in the summer except in the winter.

Audience aversion to the character was always going to be the biggest block, and as we're seeing, no one cares. People actually like Aquaman, probably moreso than any of us gave ol fishboy credit for.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not surprised at all that Aquaman is doing so well. It's a big fun effects driven blockbuster, the kind audiences love in the summer except in the winter.

Audience aversion to the character was always going to be the biggest block, and as we're seeing, no one cares. People actually like Aquaman, probably moreso than any of us gave ol fishboy credit for.

So question, when are you actually going to see the movie?

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
That whole scene is filled with great dialogue actually. And the way she sells that line with the southern twang elevates the material. BvS has god tier writing. It is known.
I'm still of the opinion that wasn't actually Lex's urine in that jar, cause there's no way it could have been smuggled onto the table of a Senate committee hearing without the smell permeating in the room since there wasn't a lid. It would have been an even crueler joke had Lex just put in some sort of Peach tea drink to get one over on Senator Finch.

Status
Not open for further replies.