• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just came out from Aquaman.

I feel Orm was a really good character. Mera was even more awesome than I thought she would be. Nicole Kidman as Atlanna was incredible . The Trench worked to Wan's strength for sure. This felt more like a classic adventure film than a superhero film. Black Manta's motivation makes sense. And the final third act was better than anything the trailers have shown.

I'm impressed.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it, I didn't expect to come out of this liking it so much. There was just so much spectacle and beautiful shot scenes. Yeah, the chemistry between Momoa and Amber wasn't the best, and the humor mostly fell flat, but these were minor things in the grander picture. Also, Mera has some really cool moments. At one time I was like "whoaaaa that looked sick." And the third act is filled to the brim with awesome shots.

My ranking now is probably:
1. Wonder Woman
2. Aquaman
3. Batman v Superman UC
4. Man of Steel
5. Suicide Squad
6. Justice League

Took my brother in law to Aquaman. It was his first comic book movie and he was impressed at the spectacle. And the Shazam trailer played beforehand and he commented it looked like fun. We'll probably go watch it next year.

Also, the gladiator fight you see in the trailers, was probably the weakest fight in the movie.

Last edited:

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I actually really wanna see Aquaman again now. The surprisingly massive scale + insane cheese made it very different to what I was expecting, in a good way.

Also I don't even love BvS but let's not pretend the score isn't great.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ok just to be the big bad police here, we're not gonna start personal beef over which directors someone loves too much so let's cut that out.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Have my ticket for Saturday. Wasn't sure if I was going to go to that showing but I figure why not. Still going to be going with my sister the Saturday it officially releases. So at least I'm down for two showings. I'm no longer doing Thursday showings. Just can't anymore for any film and still get up for work the next day.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Looking at reviews for Bumblebee, I expect Marvel Studios or WB/DC to come knocking on Travis Knight's door soon.

Based on Kubo (haven't seen Bee, obviously), I would like to see what he could do with Zatanna.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at reviews for Bumblebee, I expect Marvel Studios or WB/DC to come knocking on Travis Knight's door soon.

Based on Kubo (haven't seen Bee, obviously), I would like to see what he could do with Zatanna.

He's been rumored to be attached to Guardians of the Galaxy 3. He'd be a strong choice, if that pans out.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Elfman was cocky as shit, too. Talking bout, "There's only one Batman theme."

Then he turned in these elevator music B-sides.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Elfman was cocky as shit, too. Talking bout, "There's only one Batman theme."

Then he turned in these elevator music B-sides.
I woulda been fine with the ost being so lackluster on jl since sooooo much of the movie was rushed and changed. Elfman just had to talk shit tho. time crunch? Sure, you may not be able to deliver your best work. I usually won't hold that against someone but he talked a big game before the movie came out.

Then my dude fucking mailed that shit in.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
That Flash scene with the sword is probably the best thing in that movie. It is epic and funny.
There are brief flashes of greatness throughout. That whole sequence was quite cool, despite some lame additions.

The "save one" Batman pep talk to Flash.

Seeing a green lantern was dope.

Steppenwolf attacking the Amazonians was another cool action sequence.

Superman v Flash was cool too.

Aquaman sitting on the lasso of truth was funny.

But, damn, a lot of it was so bad :(

Anyway. Having a look on reddit and people seem optimistic about Aquaman hitting 300m in China. Can't help but feel a 1 billion is possible for Aquaman. Going off the early reactions it has all the makings of a crowd pleaser.

Fishman really about to be WB's big DC hit.

I'm more than confident Shazam will absolutely, has the makings to be the next breakout CBM. (I need my live action Black Adam).

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I think one billion for aquaman is doable too, it just needs some good holiday legs like jumanji. That movie was damn close to a billion and didn't take off in China.

Justice league had a lot of great moments buried within Batman quips and surrounded by bland ass music and plot.

Steppenwolf be the Amazon's was dope.

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Spiderman and Bumblebee in the high 90s with Aquaman and Mary Poppins in the mid 70s. Interesting times..

There's a cover to Toto's Africa via Pitbull in Aquaman that's... different

Is it 10 years ago again? I remember when all these rappers were using older choruses in their songs and the new kids had no idea. I will admit I like this though..Africa makes anything good to listen to

Also looks like the Skylar Grey song is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh0dXzqYlx0

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
There's a cover to Toto's Africa via Pitbull in Aquaman that's... different

lmao such trash. fuckin mr. 305

the stock trailer music guy made better music than either of these terrible tracks. should have thrown that into the film instead smh

also BvS Score wasn't great but Beautiful Lie was an excellent track. Not a Batman theme though but worked for Wayne murders and that awesome opening in metropolis...whew.

have no strong opinion on other superhero scores since tbh. it all just blends together as forgettable noise. no iconography or even effort.

maybe Ludwig Gurannson will step it up more for Black Panther 2. he's the only non-Zimmer entity in this genre who even seems to be trying. Spiderverse had some cool music too (mostly all licensed tho)

Last edited:

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it and I loved it! It felt like Lord of the Rings meets Indiana Jones, and the suit, they fucking nailed it. DCU got their Aquaman and Wonder Woman ready. Hopefully Shazam does well and we're in a good spot with this Universe. Now Superman and Batman need the same treatment.

Squid Lord

Nov 28, 2017
I haven't seen anyone who have seen the film mention any post-credit scenes. Though I could have sworn I read somewhere there is supposed to be a mid credits scene, but I guess not?

Status
Not open for further replies.