• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I don't remember it verbatim, but it was like "yet another mom obsessed DC hero."

That's without getting into Flash's backstory.
Moms are a big part of the DC universe.

Martha Kent is just as important to informing who Clark is as Jonathan.

Arthur and Diana's connection to their mothers needs no explanation.

Barry's motivation for becoming a CSI was his mother's murder.

Black Canary inherited the title from her mother.

The only real outlier in the movies is BvS focusing on Martha Wayne, but to that movie's credit, the Batman mythos usually doesn't care at all about Martha Wayne.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Moms are a big part of the DC universe.

Martha Kent is just as important to informing who Clark is as Jonathan.

Arthur and Diana's connection to their mothers needs no explanation.

Barry's motivation for becoming a CSI was his mother's murder.

Black Canary inherited the title from her mother.

The only real outlier in the movies is BvS focusing on Martha Wayne, but to that movie's credit, the Batman mythos usually doesn't care at all about Martha Wayne.

That's something I appreciated about it. Bruce in BvS feels like he got over his father's death but not his mother's, and never truly confronted it.

I think Batman Earth One attempts to explore Martha's side of the family. Have yet to read the second book so don't know if they build on it. But yeah, usually it's all about the Wayne side of the family.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a clip, maybe it was on Fallon, where Jason Momoa said he didn't have one. He might be wrong though, don't know. We won't know until the OST is out.

How about we just make it this?

Seriously though, it would make for an apropos OT title:

Aquaman |OT| Take me by the hand, lead me to the land that you understand

Last edited:

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Personally I love both BvS and MoS. I hold them in the same regard as TDK, Spider-Man 2, Logan.

I don't really expect to love another CBM that much anytime soon.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
MoS has aged incredibly well for me. I have no problem putting in the TDK tier. BvS Ultimate Cut is easily in the running for GOAT for me.

Too bad WB and everyone else took a shit on Snyder. :(

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't watch the old show, but did they use to comment on rumors? Or does this mean should take Plastic Man a bit more serious

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I don't watch the old show, but did they use to comment on rumors? Or does this mean should take Plastic Man a bit more serious

Yeah, I don't remember the old shows well enough to say they did or not. However, with this new one, if they're putting it in the "News" section, that means it's the real deal. I've watched every episode of DC Daily so far (I skip through stuff I don't care about), but have noticed all the news is very curated to be only true and confirmed stuff.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Atom Tickets is the vendor for the Amazon Prime screening, which still count as pre-sales. Aquaman will do well, but don't read too much into this story.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Things can always turn but looks like Aquaman will settle into mid 70s

Alas

Boring review cycle
On to Saturday

This is intense

Ray with the support

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Reposting what I've said on the RT thread, didn't realize that an OT existed before:

I'm honestly legitimately impressed by this film. Momoa is still pretty much rough around the edges and the film weakest link, but I see the potential of him eventually getting better. I need to see it again, but my impression so far is that while the story is indeed the formulaic origin story, it might rivalize Infinity War to me in terms of spectacle.

It's way better than an Aquaman film had any right to be, especially after how atrocious BvS and JL were. It's not the best DC film in the DCEU imho, that's still Wonder Woman, but it's definitely top 3 in my favorite superhero films this year, after Infinity War and Black Panther.

I would rate this a solid 9/10. Also, this is going to breakout and breakout hard. WOM will be insane.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

It's cute how Momoa's kids are there doing it with him, along with in movie father Temuera Morrison. The story of Momoa getting Morrison into the movie is cute, too.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/105505844/temuera-morrison-set-for-big-secondhalf-of-2018-thanks-to-aquamans-jason-momoa said:
Jason gave me the nod for Aquaman [Morrison plays Momoa's character Arthur Curry's father Thomas], just as an opportunity to meet me. I think Once Were Warriors really moved him in a way both in terms of his culture and his own identity. I think it shook him up a bit. I even heard him say a few words to his kids when they visited the set [on Australia's Gold Coast]: 'This is the fella who get me into the business kids'. He really respected my performance.

also like Amber's themed dresses

DuRA_PvWwAA394Y.jpg

Cul_v_uUAAAYIou.jpg

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The video of Momoa and co doing the haka just reminds me of what a missed opportunity not basing Atlantis on Polynesian culture is.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from seeing it. I loved it, I thought it was fantastic from start to finish and depending on a re-watch it might be my favourite DCEU movie. I enjoyed it more than my first watch of Wonder Woman which I also liked a lot. Not quite sure I get the its a mess comments, the whole movie is really straight forward in regards to the plot and flows well at a nice pace. I also loved the adventure-esque feel the movie has, lots of locations and and some of it is just stunning to see.

The action scenes are shot so god damn well and everything is easy to make out under water. The CGI for the most part is just great with only the odd moments here and there making me think that could of looked better but overall it was good stuff. Aquaman, Mera, Manta and Orm were all good to watch and I marked out multiple times. The only other Wan movie I've seen is Fast 7 which I didnt like so this easily surpasses that.

I hope it does well enough to get at least one more movie in this franchise.

Last edited:

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Just got back from seeing it. I loved it, I thought it was fantastic from start to finish and depending on a re-watch it might be my favourite DCEU movie. I enjoyed it more than my first watch of Wonder Woman which I also liked a lot. Not quite sure I get the its a mess comments, the whole movie is really straight forward in regards to the plot and flows well at a nice pace. I also loved the adventure-esque feel the movie has, lots of locations and and some of it is just stunning to see.

The action scenes are shot so god damn well and everything is easy to make out under water. The CGI for the most part is just great with only the odd moment making me think that could of looked better but overall it was good stuff. Aquaman, Mera, Manta and Orm were all good to watch and I marked out multiple times. The only other Wan movie I've seen is Fast 7 which I didnt like so this easily surpasses that.

I hope it does well enough to get at least one more movie in this franchise.

Oh are you the first regular to see it?
And glad folks seem to be receiving it well.

Also I need to hear more of The Black Manta and Permission to Come Abroad

Edit

Also the franchise goes down the drain, but I like the first Saw.
And the Conjuring is good stuff.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Manta was awesome. I don't really wanna spoil him tbh not even in spoiler tags. He's not a huge focus but when he is there its all great and he has good motivation.

Last edited:

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the soundtrack surprisingly good considering I hadnt heard much about it beforehand. Reminded me at times of some scifi 80's stuff which was good.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I expect VERY strong legs for Aquaman , and I'm calling this now:

Poppins might have her crown stolen this holiday as the biggest movie domestic wise. And yes, I'm going it there. Here's the Schmoes Know spoiler free review:

And I agree very much with them, this is a family blockbuster film. And the spectacle here is something that I don't see how the word of mouth won't be absolutely on fire.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I dont know if its been mentioned but there is a post credit scene, only the one and its right after the fancy CGI credits so no need to stop until the end.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Everything I Need - Skylar Grey
Thanks. It worked very well with the credits CGI.

I think if I have to pick one thing that really sets Aquaman apart it's how it all just fits together. The music, visual, camera work, acting...Everything is super cohesive and just clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.