• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say, I'm at around 78/79%. Maybe it just moves slower for mobile users?
CD3OpNB.png

4 rotten reviews came in all of a sudden.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Based on my rough calculations it cant get more than 5 rotten reviews in the next 25 reviews to hit in order to get a certified fresh rating. It's going to be tough because of those 4 rotten that came in all at once but not impossible.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'm hyped for Birds of Prey!

And yes, my excitement for Aquaman is rising the closer to Thursday we get.

I honestly think both DC and Marvel's future slate of movies are worth gerting incredibly excited about.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
How long before the RT score basically "settles?" I know these things tend to have hundreds of reviews, but I know there's a point where they do the whole "certified fresh" thing.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Birds of Prey is comfortably one of the comic movies I'm most looking forward to. Maybe the top as far as "new" stuff is concerned, because I know Black Panther 2 and Wonder Woman 1984 are two of the others.

On DC stuff, still don't know how to feel about Shazam. Waiting on that second trailer.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
How long before the RT score basically "settles?" I know these things tend to have hundreds of reviews, but I know there's a point where they do the whole "certified fresh" thing.
When it settles at 85 and my prediction is correct.

Also BoP is my second most hyped upcoming CBM, after Shazam.

Crazy we had a poster saying WB can't deliver an event movie when they're in the process of producing an ethnically diverse, all woman superhero team up.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The reaction to Shazam's second trailer will be interesting to see. Looking at the first one, even though it's good, it's clear that it is a super early cut. The Wizard is obviously a stand in, there's almost zero effects on the suit, etc.

I think the trailer was indicative of the film's tone, but it's going to look pretty different next time we see it. Be interesting to see how people take to it.

Also, gonna call my shot: Birds of Prey will be the next major breakout superhero movie. Shazam, Joker, Capt. Marvel, and Spider-Man are all gonna be good, and Endgame is obviously gonna make all the money in the world. But BoP is going to be the next "who could have seen this coming?"-type movie. I just have a good feeling about that one.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of "they like it, but they don't LIKE it like it, so it's bad" in there is fantastic.

Like, it's just a decent blockbuster, it sounds like. I assumed that was all we really wanted or expected.
The most shocking part was when people argued that my person who plays a superhero is better than your person who plays a superhero. Like, for real?

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
James Wan makes a movie. Movie is a James Wan movie. It reviews like a James Wan movie.

the internet:
xmulu1f6urt11.jpg

Last edited:

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The most shocking part was when people argued that my person who plays a superhero is better than your person who plays a superhero. Like, for real?
As was said upthread, a lot of folks online just want to wallow in negativity. These movies have become almost incidental to the conversations surrounding them. Hell, it's not even about DC or Marvel really. People just wanna argue and dislike things. It's weird, but it is what it is.

James Wan a makes movie. Movie is a James Wan movie. It reviews like a James Wan movie.

the internet:
xmulu1f6urt11.jpg
You mean the creative forces behind the film are what matter and not the company logo at the beginning credits.

Lies, my friend. Lies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
That's another thing. James Wan directed many critically acclaimed films in the past but now it's: "Movie must be average because I still have some nasty aftertaste from Snyder's Aquabro."

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Oh yeah. If Detective Pikachu is good, it's gonna light the world on fire. It's so weird the way some keep doubting it like Pokemon hasn't been printing money for 20 years. As for Detective Chimp....yes. I'm actually kind of amazed that even the CW shows haven't used him, since they use literally everything.

That image doesn't include Wonder Woman's kangaroo Jumpa so it's invalid.

images

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reaction to Shazam's second trailer will be interesting to see. Looking at the first one, even though it's good, it's clear that it is a super early cut. The Wizard is obviously a stand in, there's almost zero effects on the suit, etc.

I think the trailer was indicative of the film's tone, but it's going to look pretty different next time we see it. Be interesting to see how people take to it.

Also, gonna call my shot: Birds of Prey will be the next major breakout superhero movie. Shazam, Joker, Capt. Marvel, and Spider-Man are all gonna be good, and Endgame is obviously gonna make all the money in the world. But BoP is going to be the next "who could have seen this coming?"-type movie. I just have a good feeling about that one.

Birds of prey is a spiritual sequel to Suicide Squad so it's success shouldn't really be a surprise

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder Woman 84 discussion on this site will be a shit show. People have formed a narrative surrounding the first movie and it never being good.

Edit - shit I've just been reminded of the time that bullshit story about Gal did the rounds online. The old place clung to it to reaffirm their dislike of her.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
It's always that one user who brings up his hatred for WW and Gal in any DC related thread.

Anyways I'm glad this stayed in the 70s. I'm seeing it regardless though.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, that AngryJoe Bumblebee review. Top notch. No way Aquaman will do worse than that. China can't even save it since it doesn't have many gratuitous baysplosions.

Last edited:

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I guess after the Snyderverse, Aquaman's review thread is such a dud.

Like sitting at 75... and even the savage reviews have gained little traction. It sits in a territory where no one can really argue over it. ALAS

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I guess after the Snyderverse, Aquaman's review thread is such a dud.

Like sitting at 75... and even the savage reviews have gained little traction. It sits in a territory where no one can really argue over it. ALAS
It's going end up being fresh; maybe even certified fresh, with eh to ok average rating. That's fine for most people. I am still curious where the top critic score and rating falls considering it's in the 40s/ 5.1 range right now.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder Woman 84 discussion on this site will be a shit show. People have formed a narrative surrounding the first movie and it never being good.

Edit - shit I've just been reminded of the time that bullshit story about Gal did the rounds online. The old place clung to it to reaffirm their dislike of her.

To be fair, the instragram post was pretty trashy. But all in all she's spoken about peace and coexistence more often than that one instance, which, ironically, had pro-Israel folk attacking her. Folks project this important geopolitical issue onto one actress, so much so, that her agents won't let her speak about it at all.

As for the intention behind derailing any thread about her (or not, in the case of an Aquaman review thread ???) is suspect from posters who don't seem to care about the Israel/Palestine conflict, nor bring it up with other actors/celebrities who've made also controversial statements and actions. People ain't derailing threads about ScarJo, Gerard Butler, Pharrell, Chris Evans, etc. So it's this gross thing where they co-opt a serious issue. Sometimes for lame ass shit like trying to win an internet argument about a comic movie.

If there doing crisis on infinite earths, what does DCEU have?

DCEU has been an infinite crisis since 2013, brah.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
The easy answer is Flashpoint.
Technically, the TV shows did that too. :p

Seriously though, while Crisis on Infinite Earths is a huge story (probably one of the most important in all superhero comics if we're being honest), there's still plenty left for the movies to mine. For example, the fact that the TV shows will likely never use Green Lantern or the New Gods means Blackest Night and Final Crisis are still there for the movies to use.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly think CWTV is a better avenue for COIE than the movies, considering how many avenues there are. They can go full nuts.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
What's the appeal though? We've already had killer Batman and killer Superman. Making WW and Aquaman into psychotic villains when those two are the only successful DCEU adaptions so far seems idiotic.
I'm saying. Flashpoint became a terrible idea for a film the moment Wonder Woman was well received and it's only about to become moreso once Aquaman hits. Their best bet would be to Age of Ultron it and have the movie be NOTHING like the comic, but Marvel only got away with that because no one liked or cared about the Age of Ultron comic event. That's not really the case with Flashpoint.

Potential storylines for a big DCEU crossover down the line if they take CoIE off the table for the films (which they wont, but humor me)

Infinite Crisis (might be in name only since it kind of relies on doing CoIE first)
Blackest Night
Final Crisis (if New Gods takes off, I'd bet money this is going to happen)
Our Worlds at War
Drowned Earth (if they want something Aquaman focused)
Forever Evil
Kingdom Come (might be in name only if they don't want to do it as an Elseworlds or age up the characters)
Trinity War
Future's End (in name only because holy shit did everyone hate Future's End)
Dark Nights
The Witching Hour (Wasn't a big crossover, but probably their best bet if they want to do something Wonder Woman focused)
The current run on Justice League which features the JL vs The Legion of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.