• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
WB execs currently praying to Highfather that the rest of the world loves Aquaman as much as China does.

Hell, they're probably praying to Darkseid too.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Is Sunday a holy day on Apokolips too? I'll pray to ol' darkseid just in case. Gotta have my bases covered.
Every day that Darkseid allows your merger existence to continue serving and suffering under his heel is a holy day.

...Except the third Saturday of every month. He takes time for himself then and can't be bothered.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I've seen a couple Twitter reviews that were clearly based on the camrip. Some even said as much.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
I miss the days we'd get the plot leaked 7 months prior to release. Those were the good old days.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I could see WB trying to court Lord and Miller for Plastic Man if it really gets going. Or maybe GLC.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Star Wars was a formative film and experience for many directors of a certain age. On one hand, they would've had the room to define their version of Flash, the first version of that character on the big screen, but on the other...it's Star Wars.

What's crazier re: The Flash is WB betting on the Harry Potter prequels over it and the potential of the DC properties.

On Plastic Man, and he's been wanted for everything, Edgar Wright would be dope. People are playing at Shazam being "DC's Deadpool" but Plastic Man (and really, Booster Gold) are closer to that irreverent, chaotic neutral/good, type of character.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I watched Teen Titans Go to the movies today with the kids and... Its kind awesome ? I know nothing about the tv show but it was such a fast moving hilarious ride you barely get time to digest just how dark some of the humor gets . Also it seems like every frame is packed with little visual gags, i loved it . So throw another one on the " very good year for comic book movies" pile .

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope people aren't going to post twitter spoilers for Aquaman. Not sure when I'll see it.
Avoid Wikipedia. It seems that someone posted the whole plot up there.
I miss the days we'd get the plot leaked 7 months prior to release. Those were the good old days.
Go be a Fox Marvel fan. The whole plot of Dark Phoenix will have been out for a year before that movie comes out.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
http://collider.com/birds-of-prey-title-christina-hodson/ said:
How did the film end up with the title of Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn)? Whose idea was that?

HODSON: I don't know if I'm officially allowed to say, but there's no reason why not. It was an unofficial aka, when I wrote the script. I added it about a year or so ago, almost exactly as it is, just as an aka. I didn't think we'd ever use it. We'd always used a working title, so I just had it as a cheeky little thing, on the front cover. And then, when we were talking about a title and brainstorming, we all kept drifting back to that one.

Is it also a different experience to work on something like Batgirl, where it is an established character, but you can do something new with her?

HODSON: I actually don't think it is that established. A few people remember Alicia Silverstone doing that, but that movie was not one that is seminal. So, I do feel very free doing that one, and the studio is being super supportive, in letting me dream up whatever I want to dream up.

What most excites you about the character of Batgirl?

HODSON: Many things, but I'm not allowed to talk about that, at all. She's cool. With all of these characters – the ones that I'm creating and that are original, like Charlie, and the ones I'm getting to inherit and play with – they're independent, intelligent, capable, interesting and nuanced, and nuanced really is the main thing. They're not one thing or another. They are flawed, complex, beautiful, wonderful, weird, and fully rounded and fully fleshed out characters. We've got so many great actresses out there, that are ready to play these roles, that it's fun to be writing roles for them.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Any interest in an Aquaman OT at all, or is someone else doing that? Or no thanks?

Thinking about doing one, as no one's assigned to it, but I don't venture out to DCEU threads much so I'm not sure if someone's already getting it going.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

Don't know if any of you live near Nashville but thought I might was well drop this here.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017

OH SHIT. Funny enough, I feel like I already saw this too.

Sorry, somehow missed it. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

giphy.gif

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
So here's a question for the members who keep up with movie news more regularly. How does all this embargo stuff work as far as scheduling, normally? I just find it odd that Aquaman's social media embargo was up weeks ago but the review embargo is up Tuesday despite the movie having already been released in a big market like China? Is that normal or is WB playing some kind of weird 4D chess with the promotion for this movie?

That video is adorable. But how can that kid feel so attached to a movie character that hasn't even debuted yet? I wonder if something in the trailer triggered her.
Shazam has been in other things like Injustice, Young Justice, and Justice League Action. Maybe she knows him from there. Or she read the books. They were at a comic book convention, after all.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes these things get spread out to keep it in the news cycle. I think pop culture folk have short attention spans and are easily discouraged, so the intent is to basically drip feed hype. On the off chance Aquaman got 100% on RT two weeks ago, people would've forgotten it by the 21st. Reckon that's why we're seeing more and more early fan screenings, to get the WoM strong in the lead up.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Zachary Levy is the best, even if I'm so sad that we won't see the man of steel for a while (couldn't care less about batman) the DCEU has some great actors and interesting projects to get back on track.
2010-2017 were special for a Superman fan like me, I had projects I could wait for, and now it's over, but I can be surprised.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the OP with a quick summary of BoP and adjusted WW84's release date :D

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So here's a question for the members who keep up with movie news more regularly. How does all this embargo stuff work as far as scheduling, normally? I just find it odd that Aquaman's social media embargo was up weeks ago but the review embargo is up Tuesday despite the movie having already been released in a big market like China? Is that normal or is WB playing some kind of weird 4D chess with the promotion for this movie?
I don't know, it's weird because not often you lead with China so it throws things out of wack just a bit. I've seen some international openings where review embargo drops like that day.

As for the other stuff, social media was fine, what does worry me now is we got the initial drop of impressions, but not much else since then. Did they not screen it for more people or are those the ones who just prefer to have their reviews do the talking.

Updated the OP with a quick summary of BoP and adjusted WW84's release date :D

I mean I know DCEU thread, but might as well toss The Joker in the OP as well since we discuss that just as much.

Also Aquaman has already become highest grossing DC film in China.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
So far as I know, there have been regular screenings for weeks. I think some just don't care to share out on social media.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
Taking my two eldest boys to see Aquaman on Saturday for my local early Amazon prime screening. Who else has signed up for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.