• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Jasun Jabbar says he's not actually playing Static in Stargirl in a new interview, but a student named Bryan that's in six or seven episodes. He also talks a lot about his experience working on the show. He also says that filming is scheduled to be done next month.

TV Guide Magazine had a short write up about the show in their latest issue.
DC Universe's sixth scripted show, due next year, is a double-layered labor of love for executive producer Geoff Johns. Not only did the DC comic book Stargirl launch the writer's career back in 1999, but the heroine is based on his sister, who died in a 1996 plane crash. That personal tie, Johns says, is why he's so proud to create a sunnier superhero show that appeals to the whole family. "You can sit down and watch it with the kids," he promises.

In the premiere, Courtney Whitmore (Brec Bassinger), a Californian transplant living in Nebraska with her recently re-married mom, Barbara (Amy Smart), discovers that her stepdad, Pat (Luke Wilson), has a, shall we say, interesting past--he used to be the sidekick to Starman (Joel McHale), a member of the now-defunct Justice Society of America. After Courtney stumbles upon her stepdad's stash of old hero equipment, she picks up Starman's staff and takes on the mantle of crime fighter Stargirl. Courtney and Pat team up to battle her new town's darkest elements and rebuild the JSA. That means fans will see a slew of DC Comics heroes and villians--including Doctor Mid-Nite, Bronze Tiger, Wildcat and a 12-foot CGI Solomon Grundy.

They'll also get a lead character with a whole lotta heart, courtesy of Bassinger. "To me, Brec is Stargirl," raves Johns. "She's so positive and strong and smart and funny. She's just perfect."

-Damian Holbrook

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Jasun Jabbar says he's not actually playing Static in Stargirl in a new interview, but a student named Bryan that's in six or seven episodes. He also talks a lot about his experience working on the show. He also says that filming is scheduled to be done next month.

TV Guide Magazine had a short write up about the show in their latest issue.
Glad to see an update on this show.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
So did DC accidentally drop the trailer? because I thought it was on the official DCU channel last night
It was unlisted. They pulled it once it started going around. It looks like it wasn't suppose to drop which is dumb really. Why not advertise a few weeks leading up to the release instead of waiting until the last minute. The reaction to it seems very positive. Which honestly isn't a surprise because season was received positively once people got to see it. Those first trailers really didn't help.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Titans season 2 trailer is back up again on official channels now, and in two flavors! With and without a season 1 recap!

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Everyone's got their look or closer to their comic counterpart

Then there's just Dick hanging around in his civvies

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Nice! This is releasing way sooner than I thought!
Figured we'd be seeing the Harley Quinn show before this.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh it seems like the first season of Batman Beyond will get the HD treatment this Friday.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone's got their look or closer to their comic counterpart

Then there's just Dick hanging around in his civvies
Very likely, I hope, saving the Nightwing costume. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a version of this poster with him in costume.

That said I have to say I really dislike if not hate the main page layout of DCUniverse.com. The actual sections are only a little bit better. Gotta say I'm also not looking forward to the Harley Quinn show. Everything I've seen comes off as really trying to hard. I've seen people say that about other shows but never really felt that way until now. Maybe the first episode will make me feel different but right now I'm kinda ehh on the whole thing.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Stargirl finished filming recently. They just had their wrap party over the weekend. They had a private screening of the pilot a few weeks ago. I wonder when we'll finally get to see a trailer...

Anyway, some set pics with the cast showed up. This one seems to feature what is believed to be Wildcat (Yolanda Montez version). Looks like they're just hanging out on set waiting to film.
beeVgZo.jpg

Here's Stargirl and her family.

And some better looks at her costume. Probably the best look at the Cosmic Converter Belt. Also, you can't really tell from these, but the texture on her costume is a bunch of tiny stars, which is a neat detail.
IMGWIha.jpg

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Has anyone else watching on an Xbox One on a 1080p HDTV had issues with the contrast and colors looking wrong? It's like it's doing a poor HDR to SDR conversion. Everything is grey and washed out, even the black bars at the top and bottom are grey. It's been like that for a few weeks. It was bugging me a bit during Young Justice, but it sticks out even more on Titans now that I started the first episode of season 2.

It was perfect before then. I'd watch it on the PC hooked up to the TV, but the lack of surround sound there might just bug me even more. I also get streaming issues on PC through the browser, so there's also that.

Oct 25, 2017
DCU announced their next series,
its a mixed media anthology series called BizarroTV.
it mentioned it will feature some characters like Ambush Bug and the Creeper.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Seems buried in the good news is some bad news

The animated movies will now have a 3 month delay instead of day and date.