• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Ive seen some here on the regular etc and other places that people either really hate the costume or like it a lot. Isnt that like every Arrowverse costume lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Ive seen some here on the regular etc and other places that people either really hate the costume or like it a lot. Isnt that like every Arrowverse costume lol.
There's people that hate the BvS Batsuit for reasons other than being "puffy", superhero costume designers will never satisfy everyone.
You do too much and "its a mess" like TDK Batsuit or DCEU Flash.
do too little or too classic and "looks like cosplay" or "looks cheesy"

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
the nostalgia overwhelming me

I mean the trunks might be a little contentious but the top and fabric look perfect, the logo suits the character and Routh looks incredible.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Potato quality shot

EFglmkjW4AEBArh.jpg

Not digging the boots, but I doubt we'll see much of them anyway

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm way more ok with Superman having the trunks than Batman. I love all the batsuits that ditch the trunks (current comics suit and Batfleck suit are close to perfection to me).

Oct 25, 2017
I'm way more ok with Superman having the trunks than Batman. I love all the batsuits that ditch the trunks (current comics suit and Batfleck suit are close to perfection to me).
Even Arkham Asylum/City couldn't pull off the underwear for Batman,
Origins suit is the only time that look has worked for me in resent memory
batman_arkham_origins_batman_by_armachamcorp-d6rsb53.jpg

and that mainly because it fakes it out by actually being an under armor section.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

Batman's costumes are predominantly black or dark gray, which is likely the determining factor here.

Saturated colors in costumes often need to be broken into smaller shapes. a solid red or blue silhouette is usually overwhelming and unappealing. Black and white costumes, however, tend to escape this problem, and look sleek as hell as one solid piece. Oliver's season 8 suit tends to get around this by mixing glossy and matte materials to break up the form.

Of course, adding additional colors means they also need to be balanced. Kara ditching the skirt for pants has thrown the balance of her suit off in the same ways that Superman's no-trunks suits due, as well. They need to add just a bit more red beyond the boots and cape. There have been very few Superman suits that have found a way to break up his form and balance the colors without the trunks. His CW costume is one of the ones that comes the closest, with the larger shield, cap wrapping around over the shoulders, and thick red belt. Kara's new suit, with it's more subtle shield and hand-covering sleeves doesn't quite strike the same balance, and needs a bit more red and gold to look right. They might even be able to pull off the same design if they brightened the red up a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Im actually starting to think Tom won't have a Superman suit.
When they shut Cosmic Book News down on Twitter who claimed they had this scoop this summer they responded saying this deal didn't even happen until like Friday.
With filming starting and us seeing the Kingdom Come suit now(considering Routh was a current actor on this and had his measurements)

How can they confirm an actor, measure him up, have put enough time into a design for it to maybe not even happen at all and then fabricate it/them so quickly.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Im actually starting to think Tom won't have a Superman suit.
When they shut Cosmic Book News down on Twitter who claimed they had this scoop this summer they responded saying this deal didn't even happen until like Friday.
With filming starting and us seeing the Kingdom Come suit now(considering Routh was a current actor on this and had his measurements)

How can they confirm an actor, measure him up, have put enough time into a design for it to maybe not even happen at all and then fabricate it/them so quickly.

If he did get a suit, it would pretty much have to be the one from the "Season 11" comics.

tumblr_pr0dmctNtk1u7u9xmo3_500.jpg

smallville-season-11-1107690-1280x0.jpeg

Or they do what they did in the finale - tight shots in a blue shirt, then cut away to a cg model from Superman Returns.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, that's the suit design I expect if Welling finally puts on a suit, I'm sure not having to wear the trunks helps with that.

Oct 25, 2017
If he did get a suit, it would pretty much have to be the one from the "Season 11" comics.

tumblr_pr0dmctNtk1u7u9xmo3_500.jpg

smallville-season-11-1107690-1280x0.jpeg

Or they do what they did in the finale - tight shots in a blue shirt, then cut away to a cg model from Superman Returns.
Honestly that would just need to be Tyler's suit design with a different cape attachment and belt "buckle" and maybe a lighter blue.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm actually okay with Welling not having a suit. I know people want to finally see him embracing flights and tights, but there's two other suited Supermen, and it was never his style anyway. Honestly just give him the t-shirt and jeans. That was his Smallville style.

action-comics-1.jpg

Pretty sure Routh only did his suit fitting and measurements within the last few days, it was a really fast turn around.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Taking measurements and making the suits they way they do shouldn't take that long, this isn't a movie where they'll have a group of people spending months and millions of dollars experimenting with designs and whatever else with a designer who wants to put their own stamp on it.

Oct 25, 2017
Im already starting to feel the temptations to skip and fastforward on my Smallville rewatch and im only 3 episodes into S2 lol.
10 seasons is a lot.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
There has to be a list of the important episodes to watch so you can skip all the filler episodes.
If I had to guess, it'd be the start and end scene of every episode. With 8, 9, 15, 20+ episodes. It's pretty formulaic

The early seasons of Smallville are all villain-of-the-week. The later seasons, I wouldn't know

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Im already starting to feel the temptations to skip and fastforward on my Smallville rewatch and im only 3 episodes into S2 lol.
10 seasons is a lot.
First and last episodes, Red K, "Clark gets a new power" and special guest/Superman lore episodes. You can smash out the first five seasons really quickly. It's almost all 'filler'.

the later seasons are where they actually start developing story arcs and not being afraid of comic book plots and characters.

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely enjoy it still but im able to do 4-5 episodes on an average day in addition to my other shows so its taking so dang long.

Im going to give that a shot at least until maybe Lois shows up, thanks.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone was wondering I requested the threads be closed since we're closing in on the premieres (should have been closed a lot sooner tbh)

Batwoman and Supergirl's threads should be up Wednesday or Thursday.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Stephen Amell Previews Arrow's Farewell Run, Opens Up About What Arrowverse Legacy Means to Him
TVLINE | What sort of conflicts will Oliver get into on a weekly basis, during this final run? The producers [at TCA] were talking about "humongous" events in each episode.
[Sarcastically] Well, yeah, that'd be the first time a showrunner had said, "It's huge." [Laughs] Oliver is doing the Monitor's bidding. Both the first and the second episode are based around a specific task that the Monitor has given him. In both episodes he has to retrieve something.

arrow-8x02.jpg

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
speedforce aside I think the power levels of the characters in the poster are theorically bigger than the characters in that scan.

at least on the comics not sure where they will be on the tv when the time comes
Titans are extremely underpowered compared to their comic counterparts. Even the animated series. Honestly it'd be believable that a comic tier Deathstroke could beat them.

Like most of the Arrowverse would sweep them. Peak Ollie could easily beat any of them except maybe Wonder Girl and Demon Raven