• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That does not really sound like a compelling spin off. Mia isn't exactly a rich character and Dinah and Laurel are done.

As far as Rosenbaum is concerned, I'm less surprised that he turned it down and more surprised that Welling said yes under those conditions.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like most of these older cameo appearances aren't getting big paydays for what is likely going to amount to a 1 scene appearance. And they probably couldn't send him the script because they probably didn't write him into it. So even if they sent what they have now; his character wouldn't be there. They probably have a rough idea where they'd slide the cameo in; but it's likely not there now to show him. This is a really weird situation where it's airing across 5 different shows with a shooting schedule that's sure to be crazy & delicate. They probably don't want to take figuring out how to work him in without knowing for sure he's in. Imagine doing all the work to sort things out for someone & write them a part; then they say no. That would suck.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like most of these older cameo appearances aren't getting big paydays for what is likely going to amount to a 1 scene appearance. And they probably couldn't send him the script because they probably didn't write him into it. So even if they sent what they have now; his character wouldn't be there. They probably have a rough idea where they'd slide the cameo in; but it's likely not there now to show him. This is a really weird situation where it's airing across 5 different shows with a shooting schedule that's sure to be crazy & delicate. They probably don't want to take figuring out how to work him in without knowing for sure he's in. Imagine doing all the work to sort things out for someone & write them a part; then they say no. That would suck.

This is probably exactly the case, yeah. Rosenbaum is making it sound worse than it actually is but really it sounds like they were going "are you interested?" and he went "nah" so they parted ways.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Guggenheim is hated, correct?
I don't think he's hated by anyone worth paying attention to, you'll find plenty of people who'll blame him for ruining such and such blah blah but whatever that's the same with any showrunner. My understanding is from actors, WGA people, crew etc is that he's just kind of a dick. But it's hard to argue with results, he can juggle running multiple shows while writing comics to boot.

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, that's true, but they could still have given him a rough idea of what his involvement was even if there's no script to offer up. Or made the offer and given him more like a week to think it over rather than saying "decide today".

Oct 25, 2017
New look at Aqualad on Titans, makes the design look a lot better imo.
2fxole9xxlo31.png

Honestly really makes me wonder about the costume budgets of DCU and CW.
Like Aqualad's doesn't look expensive compared to CW like Deathstroke ot something but it just looks "right" .
Wonder if they just get more time or something.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just flying by here to remind you not to sleep on Dean Cain Superman
SomberWholeEskimodog-max-1mb.gif
On one hand, Dean Cain is human garbage, on the other... lol at the GIF.

Sucks he's still one of the best live action interpretations of Clark and yeah, I put his ahead of Welling.
I like him better than Arrow's for his reasoning alone,
stuff with Shado on Arrow was just UGH.

His scene with Doctor Light was excellent.
Yeah, the Shado shit is why I've never been as high as others were/are on season two. All they had to do is keep it on his "breaking" because of betrayals but no, they had to make it about Shado.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Our boy, Ryan Choi! It's a shame the successors always show up when the original departs, the best we got is Roy and whatever Wally was.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Its such a shame that we never got to see Rays upgrade that Cisco promised. If Ryan ends up sticking around after Crisis and takes the Mantle for present time hopefully the establish The Atom, I felt like no one in the arrowverse present timeline really knows about The Atom other than from Star City.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of scope, this must be one of the most ambitious cross-overs ever attempted, right? They are bringing back people from over 50 years of television.

Oct 25, 2017
LOL on my Smallville rewatch,

why the hell would you cast someone as a villain of the week that appears twice and then cast their Identical twin brother as someone like Jimmy Olsen later.
Seeing young Amy Adams as a villain of the week was already funny enough.