• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This Batman game looks very eh to me, these Arkham games probably will never be for me, and that's okay.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So was that actually Damien or does Tim become Red Robin during the story?

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Its just like Avengers, GaaS rpg elements with cinematic missions. "Robin joined the game" was a real oh dear for me.

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
I'm betting like the Avengers game, unlockable outfits hence Red Robin here. But think it's definitely Tim not Damien. Anyone found where to buy the new Fandome exclusive Lego set yet?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Gameplay looked a little rough around the edges, but it's pre-alpha or whatever so there is a fuckton of potential.

If this is a GaaS, I'll literally never stop playing it. Especially co-op, it could be the new Destiny for me and my friends.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Stats, damage sponge enemies, Here we go "Super hero team up, ever evolving, unique perspective" Belfrey is the War Table from Avengers.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Its just like Avengers, GaaS rpg elements with cinematic missions. "Robin joined the game" was a real oh dear for me.

they couldn't give us one singleplayer game even though we are already getting suicide squad. nope everything has to be the same gaas, rpg. loot mishmash
harry potter will be next lol

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that will disappoint me is if the Suicide Squad game is GaaS too. I'm willing to give this a chance if a good single-player adventure from Rocksteady is on the way.

WB Montreal did good with Arkham Origins IMO, but I don't begrudge them for finding their own direction to take with the property, as a studio.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting like the Avengers game, unlockable outfits hence Red Robin here. But think it's definitely Tim not Damien. Anyone found where to buy the new Fandome exclusive Lego set yet?
Yeah but that's weird that they'd show off Damien in the cinematic and Tim in the gameplay. Maybe Damien, Kassandra, etc. are addition bat fam characters.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
they couldn't give us one singleplayer game even though we are already getting suicide squad. nope everything has to be the same gaas, rpg. loot mishmash
harry potter will be next lol

I really thought one would be an SP game, this one, and the other would be the other type. But...I am not holding out hope.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
GaaS seems like a haphazardly thrown about buzzword. Why not wait until confirmation?

It has "Robin dropped in the game", it has numbers coming off people when you fight them, it has a Freeze boss fight that has him eating hits until he sets off an AoE attack just like fighting one of the big robots in Avengers, it was pretty clear.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It has "Robin dropped in the game", it has numbers coming off people when you fight them, it has a Freeze boss fight that has him eating hits until he sets off an AoE attack just like fighting one of the big robots in Avengers, it was pretty clear.
Doesn't that describe a lot of drop-in drop-out action games? Even before gaas was ever a thing?

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Gotham Knights looks a bit rough, but not Arkham 5.0 at the same time so I'm intrigued. Could tell it probably has some treadmill elements like loot based on Robin's domino mask/ helmet being different in the cutscene vs the gameplay

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
I can think of no greater irony than if Rocksteady and WB Montreal independently ended up developing very similar games.

If so, no wonder it was a unique puzzle figuring out how to announce them.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Gotham Knights didn't really impress me, which is disappointing after all this time lol. Reminds me of that Avengers game.

But I'll give it a fair shot.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
After 5 years I would've much preferred a "same old" Arkham game especially if Rocksteady are just making a higher budget version of this

Nov 13, 2017
WB and DC are uploading everything immediately onto YouTube after it airs on Fandome so I think I'm going to go about my day now and just catch up with stuff as it pops up on there!

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California

GaaS refers to revenue structure, no? Nothing what you described points to said model. Alls I am saying is to wair until we actually get confirmation.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
You're not describing GaaS. You are describing a videogame.

They are releasing a big singleplayer videogame that supports 2 player coop. If the core game has a big enough campaign with satisfying ending, I will be happy with it. And if they offer more content for it down the line, what's there to hate?

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I liked Akasan but god damn he has been annoying during this,
Complaining about fans having questions
Complaining about fan art
Saying WW has nothing to show multiple times
"Gotham Knights graphics look like a mobile game"