• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ef3kiu0XkAA24J_

What is DC Fandome?
I could give you the marketing spiel, but with no in-person conventions this summer, DC has created their own virtual event to showcase the biggest stories from all forms of entertainment.

All forms of entertainment?
Originally envisioned as a 24-hour epic DC event, the event has recently been split into two weekends. The first one (Saturday August 22nd) will focus on movies and video games with some small presence by TV shows. The second weekend (Sat Sept 12th) will focus on comics, TV shows and a second chance for some light movies (Seems to be mostly QA)

What do I need to attend DC Fandome?

As far as I can tell, the event is free for all across the globe and will be subtitled in 9 different languages ( English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish and Traditional Chinese. )

The one downside seems to be that the event itself is only being streamed inside of the DC Fandome website and not on a social video platform like YouTube or Twitch.

What's going to be there?
I assume really what people care about, this Saturday, as noted above, will be a focus on DC's movies and video games so here's what you can expect...
Ncx0cHi.jpg

cNhdD1s.jpg

rtqBMoE.jpg

YdKBjoM.jpg

When is it?

All times above are in ET, but I hope this does it correctly

everytimezone.com

Every Time Zone Converter

Easily find the exact time difference with the visual Time Zone Converter. Find meeting times for your contacts, locations and places around the world. Never warp your brain with time zone math again.

Media
Official DC Fandome Trailer

Snyder Cut Justice League Teaser
Wonder Woman 84 TV Spot
The Suicide Squad Funky Preview

Last edited:

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I was hyped for the games before this past week. I guess I appreciate the glimpse into Rocksteady's internal failings of dealing with abusers.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for this dedicating my entire Saturday for it.

I'm here for The Flash details, The Batman footage and hopefully a look at the major characters in their costumes, a The Suicide Squad early trailer, a full-blown trailer for Zack Snyder's Justice League and hopefully a brand new movie announcement be it Zatanna starring Ana de Armas.

I don't think they'll have anything on Aquaman 2 other than James Wan talking about it in small strokes adding his horror vibes to it. And I really don't care about Shazam 2 or Black Adam. Neither do I care about the games or the shows.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready for this dedicating my entire Saturday for it.

I'm here for The Flash details, The Batman footage and hopefully a look at the major characters in their costumes, a The Suicide Squad early trailer, a full-blown trailer for Zack Snyder's Justice League and hopefully a brand new movie announcement be it Zatanna starring Ana de Armas.

I don't think they'll have anything on Aquaman 2 other than James Wan talking about it in small strokes adding his horror vibes to it. And I really don't care about Shazam 2 or Black Adam. Neither do I care about the games or the shows.
259746711323279360.png

Yaaaaaaas. Roach is also very excited for this and so am l. Should be a fun time.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
What timezone is that schedule? I'm trying to figure out when it all starts locally.

Also a good start, I went to the DC Universe but everything is kind of blacked out so I can't even make a schedule.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Is this still the timetable? I thought some of this got split off to a separate event?
This is the schedule for Sat, as of now. Including any/all changes.

What timezone is that schedule? I'm trying to figure out when it all starts locally.

Also a good start, I went to the DC Universe but everything is kind of blacked out so I can't even make a schedule.

I'm terrible at threads, I even made a mental note that this is ET because I found other images in different time zone.

But all times are ET.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Lack of real crowd audience response. That can be electric.
After sitting through Comic-Con@Home, Metaverse, and others it's not the best way to do an online con. You lose a lot of the immediacy and excitement.

I'm sure whatever they're planning on announcing or teasing will generate the buzz they want, but it could be just that much more better.

Part of this feels like the whole Nintendo Direct at e3 conversations from year's ago.
I get the live audience reactions and even organic moments, but these are short panels, I'm here for the reveal/trailer and one or two teasing tidbits.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Part of this feels like the whole Nintendo Direct at e3 conversations from year's ago.
I get the live audience reactions and even organic moments, but these are short panels, I'm here for the reveal/trailer and one or two teasing tidbits.
And I get that. How the information is given doesn't detract from your own personal enjoyment.

That SAID... I STILL rewatch the Marvel Phase 3 reveal panel and get hyped.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
After sitting through Comic-Con@Home, Metaverse, and others it's not the best way to do an online con. You lose a lot of the immediacy and excitement.

I'm sure whatever they're planning on announcing or teasing will generate the buzz they want, but it could be just that much more better.
How else can you do an online con?

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
And I get that. How the information is given doesn't detract from your own personal enjoyment.

That SAID... I STILL rewatch the Marvel Phase 3 reveal panel and get hyped.

Then how do you do this in person?
Like even watching the DNC this week and the video wall of reactions is weird as heck.

I guess we'll see what WWE does tomorrow with the ThunderDome.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Then how do you do this in person?
Like even watching the DNC this week and the video wall of reactions is weird as heck.

I guess we'll see what WWE does tomorrow with the ThunderDome.
You don't, and they shouldn't given the pandemic. They made the right call.

I can still miss the in-person cheering and electric atmosphere.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have seen discounts on both steam and xbox on WB games.

Anyone knows if XBOX is going to get a discount on the full Mortal Kombat Aftermath Kollection?

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
How else can you do an online con?
Livestreamed panels. Interactive chat, which who knows, maybe they'll have.

I get why and the logistics. It's just kind of a bummer. Again, still excited to see what they show.

I think it makes sense for something like E3 where most of the presentation is just video. And in Nintendo's case, a fair amount of Japanese presenters.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Livestreamed panels. Interactive chat, which who knows, maybe they'll have.

I get why and the logistics. It's just kind of a bummer. Again, still excited to see what they show.

I think it makes sense for something like E3 where most of the presentation is just video. And in Nintendo's case, a fair amount of Japanese presenters.
But there's no crowd regardless of how they do it. Wait is there not gonna be a chat system though? That I guess could be nice to have but I don't see an interactive chat working. It would just be mostly spam and probably move too fast

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Most excited I've been this summer. So much good shit coming.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
About the time zones, if you go to dcfandome.com and sign in, it should automatically show the times in your time zone. It's the only way to watch it anyway.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
But there's no crowd regardless of how they do it. Wait is there not gonna be a chat system though? That I guess could be nice to have but I don't see an interactive chat working. It would just be mostly spam and probably move too fast
There's no way to replicate that electricity or reaction when something drops in like Hall H or whatever. But, there's something special about everybody being in the same place at the same time, sharing the same moment.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
There's no way to replicate that electricity or reaction when something drops in like Hall H or whatever. But, there's something special about everybody being in the same place at the same time, sharing the same moment.
I agree. But that's not an option lol. I don't think it being prerecorded will matter much in an online con setting. Things are still scheduled so we will all be in here freaking out

luca

Oct 25, 2017
About the time zones, if you go to dcfandome.com and sign in, it should automatically show the times in your time zone. It's the only way to watch it anyway.
Wait, you really have to be signed in to watch along? I hate signing up for new stuff and one-off things but I guess I'll do it. Neat with the local time zones at least.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I will be staying up until 3:00 am as that's when The Batman panel that concludes the first round ends. The content then rolls over into 2 repeats.
It´s already Friday for me. Which means:
DirtyTeemingGar-size_restricted.gif

Kids, sign up to the FD site NOW and set a browser link. It switches to the timezone of your PC and will spare you questions and chaos on Saturday. The Hall of Heroes content is also the only thing set for "Event 1". The other 5 halls will happen on the 12th but it´s not as hectic as you may think first.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
This thing is gonna a start at like 3 am for me. Would have loved to watch the whole thing on the first run but alas I might have to be subjected to some old news.

Nov 27, 2017
California
I saw it on instagram on lego leaks in the search and saw it on the dclifestyle page

raffle opens Saturday at 9/10 am PST and goes until Sunday morning apparently

1495 available so expect lots of bots and alt accounts to enter lol