• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
young-justice-phantoms-1236737.jpeg

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/young-justice-season-4-phantoms/

Young Justice will return again! In addition to renewing Doom Patrol for a third season, Warner Bros. also announced a new season of Young Justice titled Young Justice: Phantoms. The announcement came via DC FanDome during a Young Justice panel hosted by GameSpot's Chris E. Hayner. The producers of the series say that work is already underway and revealed the logo for the new season, which you can see below. The panel did not reveal whether Young Justice: Phantoms will be a DC Universe exclusive, like the previous season of the series, titled Young Justice: Outsiders, or if it will make the jump to HBO max like Doom Patrol did.

The panel didn't reveal any concrete details about Young Justice: Phantom's plot. The show's voice cast did perform an original script that is set between the events of Outsiders and Phantoms. In the script, Superboy (Nolan North) and Miss Martian (Danica McKellar) leave the Team behind to embark on a journey all their own. Meanwhile, Artemis (Stephanie Lemelin) invites Arsenal to rejoin the group. Arsenal accepts.

From the Doom Patrol article
The news comes during the second part of DC's FanDome event with HBO Max noting that Doom Patrol has become one of the most-watched Max Originals on the HBO Max platform.

"Doom Patrol came to HBO Max with an already deep and passionate fan base and has risen to the top as one of the most watched Max Originals on the platform," Sara Aubrey, head of original content for HBO Max said. "The series sits well in our portfolio and we are glad to greenlight a third season to continue this distinctive style of storytelling that resonates so well with critics and fans alike."
Totally crash

Robin-Kid-Flash-high-five-despite-their-injuries-young-justice-boys-belong-to-us-41603430-500-225.gif

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great news for Doom Patrol, sucks that the season finale was messed by the pandemic

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What's taking them so long to renew Harley Quinn? Still, good news for Doom Patrol & Young Justice.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For whatever it's worth, Weisman confirmed that S4 focuses on the old group again.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just the logo? That's mode.

Is YJ Weisman's longest running series? He seems to usually bail after two seasons.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Happy bout Doom Patrol. Hoping Young Justice adds The Ray soon.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't finished season one of Doom but it's a fantastic show and I'm glad it's been renewed. What's this about it's finale getting messed up?

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't finished season one of Doom but it's a fantastic show and I'm glad it's been renewed. What's this about it's finale getting messed up?

It was supposed to have 10 episodes but only released with 9. Basically season 2 ends at the penultimate episode of the season with no conclusion to that storyline (until now season 3). The 10th episode was being filmed when coronavirus and quarantining happened so it never got finished.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I heard about the new season of doom patrol earlier today which was great! Hearing about the new season of Young Justice is amazing, so damn happy to hear that, that is continuing

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Great news! Now just bring YJ to HBO Max.

So glad to hear that Doom Patrol is pulling in the numbers as well as getting renewed.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Happy that both shows got new seasons... now if only we'd get (positive) news about HQ, it'd be just great.

I've yet to watch Doom Patrol's second season—with the finale not being available and all— but season one was a real treat and I loved the entire cast.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Happy that both shows got new seasons... now if only we'd get (positive) news about HQ, it'd be just great.

I've yet to watch Doom Patrol's second season—with the finale not being available and all— but season one was a real treat and I loved the entire cast.

wait what negative news did we get about HQ??

i loved s1

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god for Doom Patrol renewal. I did my part, even though I was late to starting the series mid way thru season two.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't a fan of YJ Outsiders and couldn't finish the season.
I just didn't care for the new characters and the writing/pacing for the season just felt off.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm relieved to hear about DP. I would have been extra salty if the show ended on that cliffhanger