• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I really wish the Snyder-verse died with the theatrical cut of Justice League. Instead of new beginnings WB seem content in dragging the corpse across gravel.

Dec 30, 2020
I love the people pointing to Snyder Superman and saying "That's Superman."

That's like seeing someone tweeting that Idris Elba is Bond or whatever and responding "That's not Bond. David Niven is Bond."
David Niven isn't James Bond, Peter Sellers is James Bond!

EB19670501REVIEWS705010301AR.jpg

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not here to both sides this because obviously these twitter reactions are gross.

But a lot of you need to be reminded of the last time there was talk about a Black Peter Parker.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Snyder fans no longer surprise me.
In before NotAllSnyderFans!
That's some toxic fanbase you have there, DC...
snyder crazies hate black superman? color me shocked

I love how some people in this thread complain about two posts that were made by the same person that just happens to pick Henry Cavills Superman as an example of his "point". You guys have such a hate boner for Snyder that you are willing to paint all of his fans as racist shitheads at the first opportunity cause you dont like the movies he´s making. Its ridiculous. You guys should be ashamed of yourself.

And it goes without saying that the people beeing upset about a black superman are racist shitheads, but Snyder has nothing to do with it.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I'd LOVE to see a Calvin Ellis movie. Hell, I'd love to watch any adaptation of one of my favorite comics writer.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Can't think of any Superman depictions less like Supes than the one from the Synder movies.

Oct 25, 2017
I love how some people in this thread complain about two posts that were made by the same person that just happens to pick Henry Cavills Superman as an example of his "point". You guys have such a hate boner for Snyder that you are willing to paint all of his fans as racist shitheads at the first opportunity cause you dont like the movies he´s making. Its ridiculous. You guys should be ashamed of yourself.

And it goes without saying that the people beeing upset about a black superman are racist shitheads, but Snyder has nothing to do with it.
It's really sad tbh

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Black Superman and Black Captain America will bring the mother of all meltdowns.
I can't imagine the amount of salt they'll produce.

It is what it is. I know I'm in the minority but I love what Snyder set out to do and I'm sad he won't finish his five film plan. But I'm happy he at least got to finish JL. And I can say goodbye to his universe.

I'm ready for whatever Coates comes up with.

OP
OP
Kazoku_

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017

Even some of the ones that don't show Cavill mention him or heavily imply this is being shown as a distraction from the nonsense surrounding Ray Fisher's mistreatment at the hands of the studio. Translation: the responses are in defense of the Snyderverse.

I've argued, extensively at this point, why I don't believe Snyder is well-suited for Superman but that has nothing to do with the fact that the majority of the people that don't like the idea of a black Superman are posting Cavill as their ideal representation of the character.

This sounds like confirmation bias at this point but have at it.

Oct 25, 2017

Even some of the ones that don't show Cavill mention him or heavily imply this is being shown as a distraction from the nonsense surrounding Ray Fisher's mistreatment at the hands of the studio. Translation: the responses are in defense of the Snyderverse.

I've argued, extensively at this point, why I don't believe Snyder is well-suited for Superman but that has nothing to do with the fact that the majority of the people that don't like the idea of a black Superman are posting Cavill as their ideal representation of the character.

Using tweets with zero engagement as proof enough to make broad assessments and generalizations is pretty dishonest.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Uh, pretty sure those "coincidence" and "suspicious" tweets are about the rumor of a black superman movie. Basically those tweets read as people who are excited/curious.

OP
OP
Kazoku_

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
Using tweets with zero engagement as proof enough to make broad assessments and generalizations is pretty dishonest.
...ok
Uh, pretty sure those "coincidence" and "suspicious" tweets are about the rumor of a black superman movie. Basically those tweets read as people who are excited/curious.
Preponderance of evidence on the one hand, correlation does not equal causation on the other... *shrug*

If this response (chosen consecutively skipping those who'd previously responded in the same fashion) is indicative of the kind of responses we'll be seeing in the future I'm not looking forward to the nonsense that will inevitably swallow up the talk around the film's release.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Even putting aside the blatant racism, why are so many of these tweets focusing specifically on Snyder and Henry Cavill?

There are multiple white men playing Clark Kent right now in media.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): inflammatory comparison
Even putting aside the blatant racism, why are so many of these tweets focusing specifically on Snyder and Henry Cavill?

Honestly, I feel there is a increasing interception between alt-right shit and Snyder fandom.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico

Because they are Snyder fans, and the last time they did stuff like this worked.

One specific example that Snyder recalls is when HBO Max tweeted a promotion for Sesame Street, to which the campaign descended upon without mercy:
"Their websites, their Twitter, their everything ...they were paralyzed. They were literally paralyzed," he said. "They could make no release. They could talk about nothing. I was talking to an unnamed executive who said that [HBO Max] would tweet something about Sesame Street, and people would be like, 'Fuck Elmo! Release the Snyder Cut! That was the world they lived in. And they were like, 'Jesus Christ, what are we supposed to do? We can't function!' That's pretty rad."

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Man. No offense to your tastes, but fuck Icon's black Republican ass.

I know the point is to have Rocket conttasting him and calling him on shit, but the last thing I want on screen representing black superheroics is that "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" mf'er.

Fucking facts. People run to that Icon response because they "want their own black characters" and I get it. But know who you're asking for.

Calvin's the most boring choice they could make for a movie featuring a black Superman.

Give me a black Clark growing up in a white Kansas or give me Val-Zod

You're on your own here though. Calvin's better than either of those options.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Truth. Grant knew what they were doing. Multiversity was awesome further reading if you want more after a Final Crisis re-read.

Action Comics #8 and Multiversity were both amazing. I will say Calvin's absolutely not about to be the Superman they use. It'll just be black Clark Kent, because it's too much "work" to set up other characters.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
We don't need a thread signal-boosting racist twitter randos. Please review the FAQ about thread creation guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.