• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
They actually didn't but don´t let the truth hold you back Era. Proof:
www.nytimes.com

Managing Movie Superheroes Is About to Get a Lot More Complicated (Published 2020)

Walter Hamada, who runs DC Films, is overseeing a dizzying number of projects, part of a swarm of comics-based stories coming from Hollywood.
Zack also teased more to come after TSC releases on his Vero today and he got over 70 million dollar to expand his 2017 cut. Source: The NYT.
You all have no idea how good the Snyder´s fandom feels right now and TSC will even get its own online Comic Con with official personal again in attendance. Life is beautiful. No Dreamstone wishes needed even if we no have to hustle to make TSC hit bigger than big.
display
The film is coming to Roku and GoogleMovies. It got listed on both today. So fans outside of America can no legally get it to push those numbers. Asia is at least getting the film on home video. It is coming to cinemas and IMAX and the promotions in Europe began this week. But please go on making topics that have the word Snyder in them multiple times a week Era. Use his name as much as possible on Twitter on top of that. I know for a fact that social media is being evaluated by WB to gauge market interest. We can use every push and the algorithm has no idea which posts are negative nor and does it care. You are all gonna see it anyway. So thx.

Life is good for the fans. We won. But it can be better when I get my 2 sequels. Going with animation is perfectly fine with me. Snyder owns an animation production company and is on very good terms with another. They will cut him rates like you wouldn´t believe. But that is the mid-level goal. Low level is going with comics.
Going Live-Action is where it is @ baby. The Ayer Cut can´t be too hard to get either as Snyder himself promised to get involved there soon. It´s seeing Affleck´s script being somehow adapted that is the hardest goal to reach. But even that fight ain´t over yet. And who knows what else can be done. Snyder gave us a killer Cyborg.

Where the Ayer Cut is right now and half the principal cast and the director now asked for it:
"I haven't talked to David about it, but I'm sure I will. I know him quite well. I've just been swamped, you know, because of Covid but t's on my list of things to talk to him about. Like, I support any filmmaker who needs to get their version of their movie or their vision sort of seen, because I've had, you know, such generous support. So, I really would hope that other people would get that same thing." Zack Snyder, December 2020

lol wtf

you do realize you can enjoy these movies without acting like you're in an ongoing war against people who don't care for Zack Snyder, right

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
If it gets good ratings and draws a bunch of views then 100 percent it will be continued upon
It's certainly possible, but it seems like WB has plenty of other plans for DC content on Max. Two exclusive movies a year, big original series that tie into mainline films - it's hard to see this cut generating so much attention that WB writes Snyder another blank check to finish out his 'five film arc'.

Maybe they continue it as an animated product, or find some other way to thread the needle between enormous production & modest streaming product.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is there a specific fandom for Snyder? It seems to be based entirely on victimhood too.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
www.nytimes.com

Managing Movie Superheroes Is About to Get a Lot More Complicated (Published 2020)

Walter Hamada, who runs DC Films, is overseeing a dizzying number of projects, part of a swarm of comics-based stories coming from Hollywood.
Zack also teased more to come after TSC releases on his Vero today and he got over 70 million dollar to expand his 2017 cut. Source: The NYT.
You all have no idea how good the Snyder´s fandom feels right now and TSC will even get its own online Comic Con with official personal again in attendance. Life is beautiful. No Dreamstone wishes needed even if we no have to hustle to make TSC hit bigger than big.

sorry for the double response, but after reading the article, I'm wondering what it was supposed to prove?

To complicate matters further, HBO Max gave Mr. Snyder more than $70 million to recut his "Justice League" and expand it with new footage. Mr. Snyder and Warner Bros. had clashed over his original vision, which the studio deemed overly grim, resulting in reshoots handled by a different director, Joss Whedon. (That didn't go well, either.) "Zack Snyder's Justice League," now four hours long, will arrive in segments on HBO Max in March.

At least for now, Mr. Snyder is not part of the new DC Films blueprint, with studio executives describing his HBO Max project as a storytelling cul-de-sac — a street that leads nowhere.

that... seems to track with the tweet in the OP, more or less? although "DC announces..." is somewhat misleading wording, seeing as that tidbit comes from the NYT's reporting and not a formal announcement

that article is very good context, though, because it makes pretty clear that Snyder's Justice League being a one-off thing to bring people to HBO Max doesn't really say anything about the DCEU proper - all that multiverse stuff is sounding pretty cool

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
www.nytimes.com

display

I been on the internet for like 25 years and you are one of the weirdest fucking people I have ever encountered on it

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The film is coming to Roku and GoogleMovies. It got listed on both today. So fans outside of America can no legally get it to push those numbers. Asia is at least getting the film on home video. It is coming to cinemas and IMAX and the promotions in Europe began this week. But please go on making topics that have the word Snyder in them multiple times a week Era. Use his name as much as possible on Twitter on top of that. I know for a fact that social media is being evaluated by WB to gauge market interest. We can use every push and the algorithm has no idea which posts are negative nor and does it care. You are all gonna see it anyway. So thx.

Life is good for the fans. We won. But it can be better when I get my 2 sequels. Going with animation is perfectly fine with me. Snyder owns an animation production company and is on very good terms with another. They will cut him rates like you wouldn´t believe. But that is the mid-level goal. Low level is going with comics.
Going Live-Action is where it is @ baby. The Ayer Cut can´t be too hard to get either as Snyder himself promised to get involved there soon. It´s seeing Affleck´s script being somehow adapted that is the hardest goal to reach. But even that fight ain´t over yet. And who knows what else can be done. Snyder gave us a killer Cyborg...

Where the Ayer Cut is right now and half the principal cast + the director now asked for it:
"I haven't talked to David about it, but I'm sure I will. I know him quite well. I've just been swamped, you know, because of Covid but t's on my list of things to talk to him about. Like, I support any filmmaker who needs to get their version of their movie or their vision sort of seen, because I've had, you know, such generous support. So, I really would hope that other people would get that same thing." Zack Snyder, December 2020
See, I kinda get why people want a Snyder cut of Justice League, I do. The man isn't without his fans and the production of that movie was just a huge mess.

However, I have no clue why anybody would ever want a freaking David Ayer cut of Suicide Squad. Suicide Squad is possibly an even worse movie than Justice League and no re-edit is ever going to save that movie, especially not an edit overseen by David Ayer.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I been on the internet for like 25 years and you are one of the weirdest fucking people I have ever encountered on it
Lol, people are passionate about all sorts of things, you don't have to be a dick.
See, I kinda get why people want a Snyder cut of Justice League, I do. The man isn't without his fans and the production of that movie was just a huge mess.

However, I have no clue why anybody would ever want a freaking David Ayer cut of Suicide Squad. Suicide Squad is possibly an even worse movie than Justice League and no re-edit is ever going to save that movie, especially not an edit overseen by David Ayer.

On one hand Ayers movie was taken from him and butchered and cut by a music video production house, on the other hand Ayer himself is hit or very big miss.

I'd rather artists at least have their visions exist than not.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Why is there a specific fandom for Snyder? It seems to be based entirely on victimhood too.

I think people got really hooked into the idea of an extensive DC universe adaptation helmed by one creative, like a comic book version of the LOTR trilogy. Now they're in too deep and in full cope mode and Warner Brothers decided to enable them.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
I love you too EDEN_Q and all the lovers and haters who made this once in a lifetime films series come back from the dead. I had a very bad day today but coming back from it at night to inform on something I love feels great. I broke down all sorts of facets of the derailed plans for the DCEU and what Snyder wants to do in JLA Part 1 to 3 in the DCEU OT 3. My post there are full spoilers all the time so beware but you might learn something. Today I explained Snyder´s take on Anti Life.
www.resetera.com

DCU Era |OT3| Of Gods and Monsters

BOP's entire kitsch aesthetic and tone is very much an acquired taste. That movie let's you know within its first 10 minutes exactly the type of batshit insanity you're in for - and if you're not onboard after that, the rest of the movie is really rough. For my part I found the movie's...

See you in The Snyder Dome? Anyway. This Associate Producer of The Snyder Cut has an even in 2 days regarding the film. I think. Need to check the schedule again.
EdzoznaWkAAzrCL.jpg

PS: The NYT said that. Not DC, not WB and Snyder himself didn´t care for that spin one bit. I also like the existing Extended Cut of SS. Unlike with JLA 2017. Getting Ayer´s actual film, it is quite different, is just gravy. The SS is also my favorite comic team. I would ask for the film even if I knew that it would suck. Not that it will.
Gonna stick out for your team and I like Ayer as a guy. His crew didn´t deserve having their work derailed either. None of them did. Oh WB.
I lastly liked Snyder since 2004 and DC comics since the 90s. This crossover is heaven for me.

Edit: I waited for the thread to pass me by again to leave this here. See, I didn´t lie and I checked again. The "cul-de-sac" bit is attributed to no one. Nebulous "executives" but not the interviewee. Whatever.
EqXjfNtW8AAPM2w

Last edited:

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love you too EDEN_Q and all the lovers and haters who made this once in a lifetime films series come back from the dead. I had a very bad day today but coming back from it at night to inform on something I love feels great. I broke down all sorts of facets of the derailed plans for the DCEU and what Snyder wants to do in JLA Part 1 to 3 in the DCEU OT 3. My post there are full spoilers all the time so beware but you might learn something. Today I explained Snyder´s take on Anti Life.
www.resetera.com

BOP's entire kitsch aesthetic and tone is very much an acquired taste. That movie let's you know within its first 10 minutes exactly the type of batshit insanity you're in for - and if you're not onboard after that, the rest of the movie is really rough. For my part I found the movie's...

See you in The Snyder Dome? Anyway. This Associate Producer of The Snyder Cut has an even in 2 days regarding the film. I think. Need to check the schedule again.
EdzoznaWkAAzrCL.jpg

PS: The NYT said that, not DC. Not WB and Snyder himself didn´t care for that spin one bit. I also like the existing Extended Cut of SS. Unlike with JLA 2017. Getting Ayer´s actual film, it is quite different, is just gravy. The SS is also my favorite comic team. I would ask for the film even if I knew that it would suck. Not that it will.
Gonna stick out for your team and I like Ayer as a guy. His crew didn´t deserve having their work derailed either. None of them did. Oh WB.
He has not made a single good movie. Not one (1).

This dude does not deserve all of the time you're putting in for free.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
sorry for the double response, but after reading the article, I'm wondering what it was supposed to prove?

To complicate matters further, HBO Max gave Mr. Snyder more than $70 million to recut his "Justice League" and expand it with new footage. Mr. Snyder and Warner Bros. had clashed over his original vision, which the studio deemed overly grim, resulting in reshoots handled by a different director, Joss Whedon. (That didn't go well, either.) "Zack Snyder's Justice League," now four hours long, will arrive in segments on HBO Max in March.

At least for now, Mr. Snyder is not part of the new DC Films blueprint, with studio executives describing his HBO Max project as a storytelling cul-de-sac — a street that leads nowhere.

that... seems to track with the tweet in the OP, more or less? although "DC announces..." is somewhat misleading wording, seeing as that tidbit comes from the NYT's reporting and not a formal announcement

The tweet also makes it sound like this information is coming directly from Walter Hamada vs "studio executives describing his HBO Max project".

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I don't mean to be a thread whiner here, but I made this exact thread a few days ago and basically no one replied to it because I didn't frame it with the Zack stuff. It's pretty clear the intentions of some members here (not blaming the OP) in regards to Snyder and its getting a bit ridiculous.

www.resetera.com

NY Times: Walter Hamada wants 4 DC theatrical movies a year and 2 on HBO Max

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/27/business/media/dc-superheroes-movies.html It's not clear if the Batgirl/Static Shock movies are from an actual Hamada quote or just an inference from the NYT author, so don't jump to any conclusions yet. So yes, it appears the Zack Justice League is the end.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
What actual pull do they even have?
Final thread post: It was on the two-year anniversary, however, that the zenith was reached and the hashtag became a top worldwide trend. "#ReleasetheSnyderCut is the most-tweeted hashtag about a movie that WB has ever made, but it's a movie they've never released," says Snyder. "It's a weird stat but it's cool."
www.hollywoodreporter.com

“It Will Be an Entirely New Thing”: Zack Snyder’s $20M-Plus ‘Justice League’ Cut Plans Revealed

Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' cut will debut on HBO Max either in a four-hour director's cut or in six TV-style "chapters." The helmer is getting the gang back together with the original postproduction crew to score, cut and finish visual effects, and some of the actors are returning for...
The people who participated would also shock some people. Like my favorite (ongoing) Superman writer:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
How did WW84 ruin the DCEU?

It doesn't "ruin it", but it adds sizeable continuity issues that break the premises of the other movies.

In continuity, Man of Steel is mankind's first encounter with a "superhero". The Suicide Squad is established as a direct response to Superman (and other Supers) coming out of the woodwork for the first time. The only hint of Wonder Woman Batman could find on his little press kit DVD was a picture of her during WW1.

But then, in WW84, Wonder Woman's just running around in public, having fights in the White House with another super-strong lady, a magic guy is throwing up magic walls in Egypt (that the news is specifically shown reporting on), hanging out with the president and talking to everyone in the world, the world comes to the brink of nuclear war, and (maybe, it's unclear) Wonder Woman addresses the entire world.

And they don't even include a "somebody wished everything back to normal" or "everybody forgot what happened" line at the end.

www.resetera.com

EdzoznaWkAAzrCL.jpg

PS: The NYT said that. Not DC, not WB and Snyder himself didn´t care for that spin one bit. I also like the existing Extended Cut of SS. Unlike with JLA 2017. Getting Ayer´s actual film, it is quite different, is just gravy. The SS is also my favorite comic team. I would ask for the film even if I knew that it would suck. Not that it will.
I lastly liked Snyder since 2004 and DC comics since the 90s. This crossover is heaven for me.

This is the most non-MAGA MAGA coping that I have ever seen.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
If it gets good ratings and draws a bunch of views then 100 percent it will be continued upon
Well, hopefully WB knows the difference between real interest and morbid curiosity.

But, I kind of actually really want WB to make the mistake and try a Justice League 2. Because the "success" of the Snyder cut of JL would empower Snyder to go all in on his insane direction for the sequel which would drive away the casual viewing audience even further away making it an even bigger bomb than the theatrical version of JL.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

This keeps getting said... Sure if it was some smash success they probably would. But its not gonna be.. Like, does anyone REALLY expect this cut to be some drop dead crazy popular resurgence of insanity that pushes them to follow it up? Surely not...

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I have to admit, the Trump-like touches in their screeds have brought me much amusement.

Life is good! Our numbers are fantastic! Shout out to all the haters!

BIG THINGS are coming . We WON. Our VISION has been GUARANTEED. SNYDER will REIGN !! I need this film to be out so nerd zeitgeist can move on ( most of it already has but I mean 100% be done with the nonsense)

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
They kinda completely butchered that movie twice over before AND after the edit. Completely cutting out plot points that make the movie make a hell of a lot more sense (for example, Joker pushing Harley out of the helicopter when she kept insisting they go back and help the rest of the team before a rocket ended up destroying the helicopter anyways. In the final film it was edited so that, no, Joker was saving Harley from the rocket.)

So the edit wouldn't save it, but I understand why Ayers was pissed and why some folks would want that. They gave the dude's already heavily meddled with movie to a god damn trailer house to edit.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
wild how similar cults of personality in 2020 look - it's trumpism all the way down

Going Live-Action is where it is @ baby. The Ayer Cut can´t be too hard to get either as Snyder himself promised to get involved there soon. It´s seeing Affleck´s script being somehow adapted that is the hardest goal to reach. But even that fight ain´t over yet. And who knows what else can be done. Snyder gave us a killer Cyborg...

Where the Ayer Cut is right now and half the principal cast + the director now asked for it:

yeah, def reads like one of those 🤣

I have to admit, the Trump-like touches in their screeds have brought me much amusement.

Life is good! Our numbers are fantastic! Shout out to all the haters!

i think they have their own parler style thing going too

Last edited:

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Final thread post: It was on the two-year anniversary, however, that the zenith was reached and the hashtag became a top worldwide trend. "#ReleasetheSnyderCut is the most-tweeted hashtag about a movie that WB has ever made, but it's a movie they've never released," says Snyder. "It's a weird stat but it's cool."
www.hollywoodreporter.com

“It Will Be an Entirely New Thing”: Zack Snyder’s $20M-Plus ‘Justice League’ Cut Plans Revealed

Zack Snyder's 'Justice League' cut will debut on HBO Max either in a four-hour director's cut or in six TV-style "chapters." The helmer is getting the gang back together with the original postproduction crew to score, cut and finish visual effects, and some of the actors are returning for...
The people who participated would also shock some people. Like my favorite (ongoing) Superman writer:

The people that did dislke the movie would not shock you. Like Mark Waid, whose Birthright was an influence on MoS:

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they give in to the demand? I feel like REAL fans are taking these nerd properties hostage.

Really curious about the reception for this.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Hell Suicide Squad was fundamentally broken the moment Enchantress was set as the villain. It is not saveable.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't "ruin it", but it adds sizeable continuity issues that break the premises of the other movies.

In continuity, Man of Steel is mankind's first encounter with a "superhero". The Suicide Squad is established as a direct response to Superman (and other Supers) coming out of the woodwork for the first time. The only hint of Wonder Woman Batman could find on his little press kit DVD was a picture of her during WW1.

But then, in WW84, Wonder Woman's just running around in public, having fights in the White House with another super-strong lady, a magic guy is throwing up magic walls in Egypt (that the news is specifically shown reporting on), hanging out with the president and talking to everyone in the world, the world comes to the brink of nuclear war, and (maybe, it's unclear) Wonder Woman addresses the entire world.

And they don't even include a "somebody wished everything back to normal" or "everybody forgot what happened" line at the end.

This is the most non-MAGA MAGA coping that I have ever seen.
It's a weird example of a movie that should mess with the canon, but it doesn't because the writers seem to not realize what kind of consequences the situations they wrote would have.

I mean, in WW84
huge magical walls pop up out of nowhere and the world is literally minutes away from total nuclear destruction and in the end everybody is acting like nothing out of the ordinary happened. Just the fact that Russia and the US launched nuclear missiles against each other should have massive consequences on the state of the world, but it doesn't because of reasons.

Also, Wonder Woman directly addresses every single human being in the world, yet again for some reason this event somehow completely evaporates from everyone's mind by the end of the movie.
Ehh, I feel like all of that could be explained away with retconning and Dreamstone magic fuckery messing with everyone's mind. If they totally didn't care about the continuity they wouldn't have had her constantly telling people she saved to keep her secret. I'm not saying that's great writing or anything and I agree there should be other consequences but still. Doesn't wreck the continuity anymore than the average X-Men movie.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Was going to ask this. What about it messes with the canon?
It's a weird example of a movie that should mess with the canon, but it doesn't because the writers seem to not realize what kind of consequences the situations they wrote would have.

I mean, in WW84
huge magical walls pop up out of nowhere and the world is literally minutes away from total nuclear destruction and in the end everybody is acting like nothing out of the ordinary happened. Just the fact that Russia and the US launched nuclear missiles against each other should have massive consequences on the state of the world, but it doesn't because of reasons.

Also, Wonder Woman directly addresses every single human being in the world, yet again for some reason this event somehow completely evaporates from everyone's mind by the end of the movie.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
The DCEU seems to have a weird fetish for immediately writing themselves into corners or adapting stories that resonate better with more history and context.
do none of the snyder fans care that he fucked the dceu up so much that they have to adapt flashpoint as the first flash film?
or does none of the blame fall on him?

edit: or is it just not a problem at all?
seems p fucking broken to me

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ehh, I feel like all of that could be explained away with retconning and Dreamstone magic fuckery messing with everyone's mind. If they totally didn't care about the continuity they wouldn't have had her constantly telling people she saved to keep her secret.

The thing is, it would be so easy to explain away, but they just.. don't. They specifically don't.

Like, if they cared about being in continuity, it would have been easy to just have a line like "because only Max, Barb, and me, Wonder Woman wished on the original stone, we're the only ones who remember what happened" or have some footage of people acting confused, like they didn't remember what happened. If they didn't consider it but somebody pointed it out after filming was complete, it would have been easy enough to ADR it in afterwards.

But they specifically don't tie that off, so the only implication we can take from it is that that's exactly how they wanted it to be - everyone still remembers.

Arguably, just wiping everything that happened from existence would also ruin the "learn a lesson" stuff, as well.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll do a small comic run to follow it up, but that's it. If that's popular enough you'll get cheap animated movies.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, it would be so easy to explain away, but they just.. don't. They specifically don't.

Like, if they cared about being in continuity, it would have been easy to just have a line like "because only Max, Barb, and me, Wonder Woman wished on the original stone, we're the only ones who remember what happened" or have some footage of people acting confused, like they didn't remember what happened. If they didn't consider it but somebody pointed it out after filming was complete, it would have been easy enough to ADR it in afterwards.

But they specifically don't tie that off, so the only implication we can take from it is that that's exactly how they wanted it to be - everyone still remembers.
Yeah I agree it's odd. It's just that everything seems so normal at the end that I don't think there will be any consequences. I agree there SHOULD be, but they breezed right by it so I don't think there will be. The world was going post apocalyptic with people smashing things in the street. Nukes were fired at multiple nations. There's no way things go back to normal so quick but it did. You have that last scene with Diana talking to Steve's meat suit and everything seems like a normal day. I agree it's dumb, but it's a bit in line with the cheese vibe they were going for so I don't see it as any threat to the current continuity.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
I don't need DC to build this huge web of a connected cinematic universe, I just need them to really look at their characters.

Every one of their individual characters could have their own cinematic universe, and tbh I'm tired of the same old Batman movies, where his only supporting cast is Joker and Alfred and sometimes Catwoman. Birds of Prey is probably my favorite DC movie bc it doesn't feel ashamed of its source material.

We get the awesome inter-connected MCU from Marvel. I just want Nightwing :(

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So wait, is the "Snyder Cut" of the Justice League movie that was supposed to be coming to HBO Max still coming out? Or are they saying they wont be continuing Snyder's version of the DCEU anymore?

They aren't following it up, so whatever story threads are hanging, or they won't be doing a JL2 or such, it's just gonna come out and that's it. They still are doing individual movies for these characters but it seems the plan is to basically not push Justice League as a franchise

I'm a bit confused. Is the Snyder cut still releasing, but that'll be it for Snyder related to DC films? Or are they saying the Snyder cut is axed?

They aren't going to follow this movie up, as it whatever happens, its not getting direct sequels or such, the characters are all moving on or going their own new directions already at WB. Some folks seemed to think that they would kind reboot from this movie or something. Nah, WW, Aquaman, Flash, they got their own directions now instead of trying to focus on revolving around the JL as a franchise, like how all the MCU kinda revolves around the Avengers

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Who cares though? What actual pull do they even have? It makes no sense.

They don't, but everything on the internet is all about fandoms. JL was a flop, but for 70mil they saw an opportunity and a willing team who was able to essentially produce a whole new movie almost. 4 hours, almost 80% different footage. They needed content for MAX, so this was easy for them.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that what DC had already announced, multiple time lines and not just one universe like marvel
They've already done that with Joker and will do it again with the Batman.

This would mean that two universes started off in the same place, then diverted, and one of them is using Battfleck while the other isn't. Flashpoint would have to do some insane explaining to make something like this work.