• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With the paper describing Hamada's view of the project as "a street that leads nowhere."

What was the fucking point of spending $70 million on the Snyder Cut then?

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't they just announced Wonder Woman 3, like 2 days ago? I don't think the DCEU is dead. Just that Snyder won't have anymore involvement in it going forward.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they change their minds on this. Still super excited for the Snyder Cut, ofc

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Good. No sense chaining yourself to past failures.

Honestly, I don't even need THAT much of a DCEU. Standalone, and occasional crossovers are dope enough.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
If the Snyder cut comes out and people love it, they'll follow up on it. If the reviews are bad or mediocre, they won't.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Just sounds like they're trying to milk whatevers left of whoever enjoyed BVS or JL, but they weren't popular enough to bother making proper sequels to.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Good.

I'm sorry for the people that like Snyder's stuff for some reason, but I'm ready for a clean break.

Didn't they just announced Wonder Woman 3, like 2 days ago? I don't think the DCEU is dead. Just that Snyder won't have anymore involvement in it going forward.

Wonder Woman 2 basically broke all the other Snyderverse movies. It seemed like it was already breaking from the DCEU.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Makes sense. Snyder just said last week that he wants to finish his story in comic form. The fact that he's getting to make his cut is more than enough.

They kinda can't unless they want to have two timelines going on with the same heroes and actors.

Assuming the Flash movie accurately adapts Flashpoint, that wouldn't be too much of a problem.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder Woman 2 basically broke all the other Snyderverse movies. It seemed like it was already breaking from the DCEU.
Curious that Snyder produced it. I don't really understand how they are both distancing themselves from the disastrous Snyder movies whilst also keeping him involved in everything they're doing.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
They actually didn't but don´t let the truth hold you back Era. Proof:
www.nytimes.com

Managing Movie Superheroes Is About to Get a Lot More Complicated (Published 2020)

Walter Hamada, who runs DC Films, is overseeing a dizzying number of projects, part of a swarm of comics-based stories coming from Hollywood.
Zack also teased more to come after TSC releases on his Vero today and he got over 70 million dollar to expand his 2017 cut. Source: The NYT.
You all have no idea how good the Snyder´s fandom feels right now and TSC will even get its own online Comic Con with official personal again in attendance. Life is beautiful. No Dreamstone wishes needed even if we no have to hustle to make TSC hit bigger than big.
display

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Curious that Snyder produced it. I don't really understand how they are both distancing themselves from the disastrous Snyder movies whilst also keeping him involved in everything they're doing.

It's possible he's contractually obligated to receive Producer credit but didn't actually do much regarding the production outside of giving opinions that could or couldn't be used.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
This comes from an article from a few days ago. Pretty sure we already had a thread about this stuff.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely can. Comics have done it forever and Flashpoint is the perfect setup for a multiverse.
Flashpoint would only effect the new timeline and not the Snyder one, the latter still has Battfleck where the current one is gonna use Flashpoint to send off Battfleck.

But also, I don't think these actors want to constantly be filming DC films for two concurrent timelines.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Snyder's fans will never shut up. They'll spend the rest of their lives demanding a Justice League 2.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Good, while I'm glad they allowed Snyder the chance to execute a version of the film closer to what he wanted I do think a different approach is needed going forward.

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
Contractual obligations? The fact he's listed as a producer doesn't mean he had anything to do with actual production.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It's possible he's contractually obligated to receive Producer credit but didn't actually do much regarding the production outside of giving opinions that could or couldn't be used.
Not saying that's impossible, but typically that would be an Executive Producer credit (which he got for suicide squad and Aquaman). He was also involved in the marketing.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
Flashpoint would only effect the new timeline and not the Snyder one, the latter still has Battfleck where the current one is gonna use Flashpoint to send off Battfleck.

But also, I don't think these actors want to constantly be filming DC films for two concurrent timelines.

But they don't need everyone to come back to make a spinoff movie(s) from the Snyder cut. They can go in multiple directions afterwards. Plus, if the Snyder Cut is a hit, they can try to lore the actors back with plenty of money. There are definitely ways to keep the story moving forward if DC genuinely thinks they can make money off of it.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

www.nytimes.com

Managing Movie Superheroes Is About to Get a Lot More Complicated (Published 2020)

Walter Hamada, who runs DC Films, is overseeing a dizzying number of projects, part of a swarm of comics-based stories coming from Hollywood.

Considering this page, it seems like they're planning to do that.

To make all the story lines work, DC Films will introduce movie audiences to a comics concept known as the multiverse: parallel worlds where different versions of the same character exist simultaneously. Coming up, for instance, Warner Bros. will have two different film sagas involving Batman — played by two different actors — running at the same time.

The complicated plan involves a sharp increase in production. Last year, Warner Bros. made two live-action superhero movies, "Joker" and "Shazam!" In 2018, there was only "Aquaman." All three were smash hits, underscoring the financial opportunity of making more.

Mr. Hamada and Mr. Emmerich had two options: Figure out how to make the various story lines and character incarnations coexist or start over.

The answer is the multiverse. Boiled down, it means that some characters (Wonder Woman as portrayed by Ms. Gadot, for instance) will continue their adventures on Earth 1, while new incarnations (Mr. Pattinson as "The Batman") will populate Earth 2.

"The Flash," a film set for release in theaters in 2022, will link the two universes and feature two Batmans, with Mr. Affleck returning as one and Michael Keaton returning as the other. Mr. Keaton played Batman in 1989 and 1992.

Snyder's cut is explicitly left out of all this though.

To complicate matters further, HBO Max gave Mr. Snyder more than $70 million to recut his "Justice League" and expand it with new footage. Mr. Snyder and Warner Bros. had clashed over his original vision, which the studio deemed overly grim, resulting in reshoots handled by a different director, Joss Whedon. (That didn't go well, either.) "Zack Snyder's Justice League," now four hours long, will arrive in segments on HBO Max in March.

At least for now, Mr. Snyder is not part of the new DC Films blueprint, with studio executives describing his HBO Max project as a storytelling cul-de-sac — a street that leads nowhere.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017

He makes movies on time, on budget and nice/professional to work with

Not too hard of a mystery

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
And nothing of value would be lost, the sooner DC just throws most of the DCEU in the trash and
lets marvel/disney do it
starts from scratch with a plan and competent team behind it maybe we'll get a DC verse worthy of the legacy.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, is the "Snyder Cut" of the Justice League movie that was supposed to be coming to HBO Max still coming out? Or are they saying they wont be continuing Snyder's version of the DCEU anymore?

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
With the paper describing Hamada's view of the project as "a street that leads nowhere."

What was the fucking point of spending $70 million on the Snyder Cut then?
They needed exclusive content, and at the time an exclusive movie with the most recent theatrical portrayals of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Batman for $70M seemed like a bargain. After all, most of the footage was already shot.

Of course, now we're in a reality where they launched WW84 on Max and it was generally hated. Which makes this particular investment seem absolutely bonkers in retrospect.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The film is coming to Roku and GoogleMovies. It got listed on both today. So fans outside of America can no legally get it to push those numbers. Asia is at least getting the film on home video. It is coming to cinemas and IMAX and the promotions in Europe began this week. But please go on making topics that have the word Snyder in them multiple times a week Era. Use his name as much as possible on Twitter on top of that. I know for a fact that social media is being evaluated by WB to gauge market interest. We can use every push and the algorithm has no idea which posts are negative nor and does it care. You are all gonna see it anyway. So thx.

Life is good for the fans. We won. But it can be better when I get my 2 sequels. Going with animation is perfectly fine with me. Snyder owns an animation production company and is on very good terms with another. They will cut him rates like you wouldn´t believe. But that is the mid-level goal. Low level is going with comics.
Going Live-Action is where it is @ baby. The Ayer Cut can´t be too hard to get either as Snyder himself promised to get involved there soon. It´s seeing Affleck´s script being somehow adapted that is the hardest goal to reach. But even that fight ain´t over yet. And who knows what else can be done. Snyder gave us a killer Cyborg...

Where the Ayer Cut is right now and half the principal cast + the director now asked for it:
"I haven't talked to David about it, but I'm sure I will. I know him quite well. I've just been swamped, you know, because of Covid but t's on my list of things to talk to him about. Like, I support any filmmaker who needs to get their version of their movie or their vision sort of seen, because I've had, you know, such generous support. So, I really would hope that other people would get that same thing." Zack Snyder, December 2020

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
And nothing of value would be lost, the sooner DC just throws most of the DCEU in the trash and
lets marvel/disney do it
starts from scratch with a plan and competent team behind it maybe we'll get a DC verse worthy of the legacy.
I'd rather DC continue to make bad superhero movies with the occasional gem than just become another set of good super hero movies that mostly taste the same. Marvel's got that covered, and I woulddn't change that either.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
So wait, is the "Snyder Cut" of the Justice League movie that was supposed to be coming to HBO Max still coming out? Or are they saying they wont be continuing Snyder's version of the DCEU anymore?
Snyder Cut is still coming out, but they're just saying they have no plans to continue this particular narrative. Will likely just be explained away as an alternate multiverse during the Flashpoint movie. I also think there's a chance they throw WW84 under that narrative bus. Just insist that canon is not a straight line, but rather a web of possibilities.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The film is coming to Roku and GoogleMovies. It got listed on both today. So fans outside of America can no legally get it to push those numbers. Asia is at least getting the film on home video. It is coming to cinemas and IMAX and the promotions in Europe began this week. But please go on making topics that have the word Snyder in them multiple times a week Era. Use his name as much as possible on Twitter on top of that. I know for a fact that social media is being evaluated by WB to gauge market interest. We can use every push and the algorithm has no idea which posts are negative nor and does it care. You are all gonna see it anyway. So thx.

Life is good for the fans. We won. But it can be better when I get my 2 sequels. Going with animation is perfectly fine with me. Snyder owns an animation production company and is on very good terms with another. They will cut him rates like you wouldn´t believe. But that is the mid-level goal. Low level is going with comics.
Going Live-Action is where it is @ baby. The Ayer Cut can´t be too hard to get either as Snyder himself promised to get involved there soon. It´s seeing Affleck´s script being somehow adapted that is the hardest goal to reach. But even that fight ain´t over yet. And who knows what else can be done. Snyder gave us a killer Cyborg...

Where the Ayer Cut is right now and half the principal cast and the director now asked for it:
"I haven't talked to David about it, but I'm sure I will. I know him quite well. I've just been swamped, you know, because of Covid but t's on my list of things to talk to him about. Like, I support any filmmaker who needs to get their version of their movie or their vision sort of seen, because I've had, you know, such generous support. So, I really would hope that other people would get that same thing." Zack Snyder, December 2020

It's a mediocre film series. It's weird that you've internalized it this much.

Oct 25, 2017

Where the Ayer Cut is right now and half the principal cast + the director now asked for it:
Is this is a false-flag psyop to instill in me a dislike for Snyder fans? Because I don't need that.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Is making bad movies really the other option?
No, it's the worst case scenario. Maybe they get their shit together and start putting out films with consistent quality. But even if they don't I'd rather they keep putting out a whole bunch of movies that don't feel like one another even if the majority of them are bad.
At least they're admitting Synder doesn't make good movies finally. :P
Who's this "they"

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Snyder Cut is still coming out, but they're just saying they have no plans to continue this particular narrative. Will likely just be explained away as an alternate multiverse during the Flashpoint movie. I also think there's a chance they throw WW84 under that narrative bus. Just insist that canon is not a straight line, but rather a web of possibilities.
Ok, that makes sense and is probably for the best.

But, they are never going to get an actual extended universe going until they install someone with a similar position as Feige. No more corporate asshats changing things up right up until filming is finished. I thought Johns was going to be that guy, but it didnt seem like they were willing to give him free reign. So if not Johns, then they need to get someone or a team of people to hash it out.

I dont need every movie going forward connected or whatever. I just hope they have learned from the years of mishaps and bad decisions lol.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I want is more Batfleck. Doesn't seem likely tho.