• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

itsmedave

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Picked up Diablo for PS4. I've been playing it a lot on my switch and figured why not go for the ps4 version too

Oct 27, 2017
Bought World War Z. This seems fun! Just played the first level offline on easy to get a feel for it. If anyone plays it, hit me up. None of my friends have it soooooo.

McWorked_You is my PSN

bender

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon
Resident 7
Detroit

Which one should I pick?

I haven't played Detroit, but I'd go with RE7, especially if you have PSVR. The first hour is amazing and terrifying and it's a great game overall. To be fair, I really didn't care for Horizon. It's a looker for sure, but the bow combat felt so unsatisfying. I've tried a few times to restart and get back into it and my interest always peters out once the open world unlocks.

Here is my cart:
-Divinity: OS2 + Companion DLC
-NBA2K19
-Trials Rising: Gold Edition

Questions:

-How does Divinity: OS2 run on PS4 Pro?
-Thoughts on Trials Rising at half off? I know people were turned off by the grinding.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
What's up with the price of NBA in the US? I'd get it just for that price but I'm in the UK and it's seemingly gotten more difficult to get prepaid cards, least when I last looked in the usual places a few weeks ago.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
-Thoughts on Trials Rising at half off? I know people were turned off by the grinding.
As I just posted on a Trials thread a little while ago:

"The issues are small, really. I have 109 hours in the game and still play most days. I've saved dozens of UGC tracks which are every bit as good as the excellent RL tracks the game comes with. The biggest issue really is intermittent currency rewards, however I already have all the cosmetics I want and still have a ton of currency to buy more with, so it's not really a big deal. The core gameplay is still the same fantastic Trials platformer/racing hybrid, and the base game has almost twice the number of tracks as Fusion had. I don't regret paying full price $40 for the Gold version at all."

As for the grind, I never found it a grind because I enjoyed doing the contracts which all give a ton of XP, and I'd be doing those anyway. Also once they turned on the MP, that gives out XP at a very fast rate. Finally, they patched it so you can beat the University events to unlock later leagues.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
i've never been into One Piece, but i saw a video for One Piece World Seeker and it looks wack - in a good way.

worth $35 or should i wait for a deeper sale?

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Got one more PS+ year (now I have until 2021) and Detroit. I was thinking about buying another 1 year for Plus, but I'll wait to get EA Access instead.

Good deals for me.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Sony doing that thing where they host a site for E3 where you can watch trailers/earn rewards? Or are they completely not participating?

mohitparty

Oct 29, 2017
A way out is "34.95" from the price of "37.95" on the NZ store. A pretty big 7% discount. Guess I'll wait for EA access then

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
If you're an insane fool who hasn't already, go and get Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 right now. And Detroit Become Human maybe.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Re-upped my PS+, and grabbed Trials Rising, Horizon ZD Complete Edition (I have the game on disk, but I don't have the DLC, so why not?), RE7 (finally!) and Detroit.

Super happy with my haul.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Total haul :

- PS4 Pro 1TB
- DS4 (Red)
- Spiderman
- HZD Complete
- Uncharted The Lost Legacy
- PS+ 1 year sub

Pretty good haul for me after being out of Playstation gaming for over a year. Really happy with the Pro, everything looks so nice on an HDR TV.

Belmont

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what happened to the Far Cry 5 Gold Edition? I hoped it would be on sale as well but it seems to have disappeared completely from the PSN store.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know what happened to the Far Cry 5 Gold Edition? I hoped it would be on sale as well but it seems to have disappeared completely from the PSN store.
It's merged with one of the Far Cry New Dawn bundles to further maximize how much other content you have to buy to get all of the FC5 stuff.

Why is NBA 2k so cheap? Is it that bad?
No, it's fine. They're probably trying something with the end of the Finals in sight.

Is the single player content any good in 2K19?
It's probably the best part of the game.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Why is NBA 2k so cheap? Is it that bad?

The basketball season is about to be over in a few more days so they probably won't be selling many more copies of this game. Most people will be looking forward to next year's game which will be out in November, I think. Plus they make a bunch of money on microtransactions now in these games. It's a pretty smart business move on their part. I think 2K18 was free on GwG right before 2K19 came out so this isn't that unusual.

Belmont

Oct 27, 2017
It's merged with one of the Far Cry New Dawn bundles to further maximize how much other content you have to buy to get all of the FC5 stuff.

So from what I can see, Far Cry New Dawn Ultimate Edition has all of Far Cry 5, but only the New Dawn base game and none of that game's DLC?

I guess I'll have to wait for the Super Ultimate Edition that has everything from both games...

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
2K19, finally make that stretch big I guess lol I had on Xbox but 3 bucks

UFC 3 just to test out career mode

The real steal for me? That Ni No Kuni season pass at 10 bucks, I stopped playing right near the end too. Can't wait to get into it.

And finally getting the season pass & royal upgrade for my copy of FF XV as well.

That's worth $39.83 to me

Last edited:

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bought Detroit via US Store, Astrobot via Germany and Days Gone at retail. Pretty good haul but I'm gonna pass on Plus renewal for now.

Days Gone is amazing y'all

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit of 2K, it feels weird but I think I prefer Live somehow? Maybe just coz I've had more time with it since the $4 sale months back.

Anyone else play both live and 2K this year? 2K has better visuals and production values for sure. Maybe I just need to get used to pick and rolls and the shot meter again

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
How's Kingdom Come: Deliverance now? I know it had a fair amount of issues and bugs at launch.

I've been interested since it's release and that price is pretty tempting.
Game director and publisher aside. I wouldn't recommend to get the game now because there is a complete edition of the game coming next week for $40.