• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Bronze - It's Getting Cold Outside - Reconnect with what you lost

Wonder if this simply doing one of the "flash back" missions or indicates Sarah survived.

OP
OP
Mercenary09

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like how Sony's first party teams continue to make pretty easy to get Platinums so long as you complete most of the content. No bullcrap tedious stuff and no having to play on certain difficulties. The best way to make lists for sure.

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look too grindy at first glance, pretty much just get 100% missions, activities, and collectibles plus some miscellaneous stuff.

Oddly enough, this makes me more likely to buy the game.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Looks doable without a hassle, I like it. Will be a nice change after platinuming RDR2 :P

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
giphy.gif

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
This list is not hard to do, I like it. Sony has good trophy list recently, you just have to play the game to get the Platinum.

OP
OP
Mercenary09

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. I was hoping gameplay would be the saving grace for what's looking to be one of the most unappealing stories to come from Sony this gen.
If you read most of the previews most of them enjoyed the gameplay. IGN was one of the few who didn't. Don't judge it just off his opinion. Also given that IGN complained about it being another gruff white guy protagonist I wouldn't take their word for anything.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
That's a valid criticism tho. If Days Gone does nothing to expand on that trope (who knows? maybe it does) IGN has good reason to complain about it.
It certainly is a valid critism. There was also a number of outlets that said that they found Deacon to be more likeable/relatable then they were expecting. I imagine there will be a mixed reception in this regard.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Yikes. I was hoping gameplay would be the saving grace for what's looking to be one of the most unappealing stories to come from Sony this gen.
I'm just not sure it was for me. I felt like I was playing a third person Far Cry-esque game but with "freakers" and I wasn't a big fan. If you like those kinda open world games and the usual open world trimmings that come with it, then you'll probably enjoy Days Gone. It just wasn't for me.

I'll have to play it again once it released, having hands on for a few hours obviously isn't an indication on how the game will end up being.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
That trophy list looks easy, nothing too tedious or grindy.

Played three hours or so of this. Wasn't the biggest fan of the gameplay but I'm hoping the story is what'll keep me playing.
Is it the gunplay? Something feels off with the guns in this game and I cannot pinpoint what exactly.

If anything it kinda reminds me of Payday 1 where the guns feels like a peashooter of sort, like there is no/minimal gun feedback during shooting.

Oct 27, 2017
That's a valid criticism tho. If Days Gone does nothing to expand on that trope (who knows? maybe it does) IGN has good reason to complain about it.

Not that I necessarily disagree, but if they're making this complaint then I hope they apply it evenly to all white male protagonists.

I feel similarly when reviews complain about a game not innovating. It's a complaint that should be universal or not at all.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I'm just not sure it was for me. I felt like I was playing a third person Far Cry-esque game but with "freakers" and I wasn't a big fan. If you like those kinda open world games and the usual open world trimmings that come with it, then you'll probably enjoy Days Gone. It just wasn't for me.

I'll have to play it again once it released, having hands on for a few hours obviously isn't an indication on how the game will end up being.
how was the shooting?
hitboxes, enemy reaction, gore, ragdoll etc.

pick a game with a similar shooting feeling for comparison.

thanks.

(sorry for my english)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you read most of the previews most of them enjoyed the gameplay. IGN was one of the few who didn't. Don't judge it just off his opinion. Also given that IGN complained about it being another gruff white guy protagonist I wouldn't take their word for anything.

That is absolutely valid criticism and no reason to shun a reviewer indefinitely.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do love trophies like the one where you have to collect 989 ears or the ones referencing Queen.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Followed by a minor patch with a harder difficulty trophy and a NG+ trophy?

OP
OP
Mercenary09

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is absolutely valid criticism and no reason to shun a reviewer indefinitely.
When that same writer praised RDR2 and wouldn't stop gushing about Arthur Morgan just a couple months ago then it is absolutely valid for me to shun that person. You can't sit there and be fine with other games and then just throw something like this out against Days Gone just so you can have something to bash it for.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Trophy lists seems a lot like Horizon or Spider-Man in it looks like you can get a Platinum naturally just by playing through the game. Nothing looks too time consuming which is awesome.

And I really like the 989 Studios reference.