• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

jkej4y.jpg

I'm sure this has been discussed in some circles, but I think the connection here is big enough to warrant it's own thread (Especially since it's easy to miss). I absolutely love when franchises share universes like this, so seeing that the Virus affecting the Days Gone universe is actually that of the Syphon Filter universe is super cool.

Considering sales have apparently been going well for Days Gone. It makes me wonder if this connection can actually be used to sway more Syphon Filter aspects into the spotlight. Whether it be making a new Syphon Filter that teases what is to come in Days Gone or something else.

Regardless, it's nice to see bend giving a nod to the series like this.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think every Syphon Filter fan were hoping for some connection to this game. Easter Egg might not be conclusive of any future SF games, but Gabe running around tasing terrorists in this engine is a good dream to have.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Wow no wonder I'm enjoying the game so much :P

Syphon Filter by Kojima would be the best news. I'll take a Bend SF too.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, so this is like an evil timeline where Gabe couldn't stop the virus??

Syphon Filter really needs to come back.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Now we anxiously await the magnum opus that ties all of the threads together... Days Filter.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Missed opportunity not to have a taser in Days Gone that can set people on fire.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I made the title as vague as I could without going clickbait "This Days Gone Easter Egg will SHOCK YOU"
Literally saying that it shares universe with another franchise is about as non-vague that you could title it. Some people just don't have any spoiler respect. People like me who want to avoid knowing anything about what the easter egg is should be able to avoid reading it literally in the fucking thread title.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally saying that it shares universe with another franchise is about as non-vague that you could title it. Some people just don't have any spoiler respect. People like me who want to avoid knowing anything about what the easter egg is should be able to avoid reading it literally in the fucking thread title.
I don't think OP's title is unreasonable at all. It doesn't specify the nature of the easter egg, doesn't say where or how to find it, doesn't say which universe it refers to... I mean, hey, if this bothers you, fair enough, but I'd say it's the kind of information you might reasonably expect to stumble upon in a ResetEra thread title so I don't think it's fair to be upset with OP.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Get a fucking grip lmfao

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I don't think OP's title is unreasonable at all. It doesn't specify the nature of the easter egg, doesn't say where or how to find it, doesn't say which universe it refers to... I mean, hey, if this bothers you, fair enough, but I'd say it's the kind of information you might reasonably expect to stumble upon in a ResetEra thread title so I don't think it's fair to be upset with OP.
Plus: If you really want to avoid spoilers of a new game you really should avoid one of the biggest forums about videogames on internet. Not trying to be mean but that is how things are.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
the title should be "Days Gone has an easter egg"
See, it's not that difficult to be respectful. And thank you.
Get a fucking grip lmfao
No, asking for someone else to be respectful in thread titles is not something I need to get a grip about. There are literal spoiler rules on this forum. Spoiler away in the post itself with a fair warning.
Plus: If you really want to avoid spoilers of a new game you really should avoid one of the biggest forums about videogames on internet. Not trying to be mean but that is how things are.
Reading threads about said game, sure. Staying away from the forum altogether is such a cop out defense of disrespectful spoilering.
doesn't say which universe it refers to
Come on now. There was no other universe it could be. When I already was spoilered by the title I might as well click on the thread to see if I was right and it was. I didn't want to know it before playing the game myself.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The title's fine lol, it's about as vague as possible while still accurately describing what could be spoiled if you read the thread.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

You need to step back from the keyboard.