• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Post: Stop arguing and get back on topic

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Official Staff Communication

Stop arguing back and forth over the individual preferences and tastes of your fellow members. You don't have to like certain video games. You also don't need to take every single opportunity to express that you don't like video games. Please stop focusing on these things and get back on topic.

-PyramidSong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
What does Breath of the Wild have to do with anything?
tenor.gif

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
you're entitled to feel that way, but i've only ever posted in a days gone thread twice before, once to say that the gunplay looked bad (but that was based on the old trailers, not the new ones, and many people were saying that) and another time to say how awesome it was that sony didn't want to shoehorn a multiplayer mode into the game and how i appreciate their dedication to single player games. i don't make it my job to shit post in days gone threads. it's just that sometimes people are completely intolerant to anything except positivity and view it as shit posting.

cut.gif

You express your hate for the game in every Days Gone thread. We get it. You don't like the game. Now move on. No need to tell us once more.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Dying wife/family member theres an extra 3 points added from ign and Polygon.

Really excited for the release!

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication

Stop arguing back and forth over the individual preferences and tastes of your fellow members. You don't have to like certain video games. You also don't need to take every single opportunity to express that you don't like video games. Please stop focusing on these things and get back on topic.
Mod post people

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
damn you got me. all the one's you quoted are either not negative at all (i was making fun of someone who was comparing order 1886 and days gone and said they're similar), or they're in threads not about days gone. and the cover comment is just an obvious observation. but sure, you got me.

I really don't understand, if you truly have such ill feelings towards this game why not just avoid any topic discussing such game? Seems like a win win for all involved. Its obvious you aren't saying anything to warrant an actual discussion or reasonable argument, you're just saying trollish comments to get a rise out of people who may actually be looking forward to Days Gone (I am). Just move along, its the mature thing to do instead of inciting fights with people over the internet concerning a piece of entertainment software, it's really not that serious. There are literally 1,000's of games that might be right up your alley, surely you can engage with people who are interested in said games and ADD to Era instead of being a negative mark on the forum?

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
technically his design is generic not his character development etc
but people in the past assume the worst just based on the look of arthur, is the same story with deacon, they are both white "generic" male with generic clothes...

i'm not saying that deacon will be an excellent characters like arthur becasue it's almost impossible, but we don't know anything about him yet, we can only judge his look and VA (and i love both)

(sorry for my english)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet you chose just me to voice your opinion to and not any of the posts before mine claiming stuff like "the game will have an emotional narrative"

The invitation has context among other marketing they've done. We can infer a cliche incoming because the marketing itself has displayed cliches and communicated in cliches.

I called your post out because I still think you're reading a lot into a couple of invitations. I'll say the same to the other mostly baseless predictions.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
People read the freaking mod post come on.

Rockstar invited GameStop to a RDR event so it has been going on for a while.

What I find odd is the lack of English media being invited (or at least there haven't been any reveal about the even from them).
Could be a Sony Europe thing but I doubt that, maybe they get the stuff later maybe it just a email for US who knows!

Oct 25, 2017
Come on, Sarah & Deacon. Why you sending wedding invites filled with blood from papercuts? I know weddings are expensive but jeez, have some extra copies.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
but people in the past assume the worst just based on the look of arthur, is the same story with deacon, they are both white "generic" male with generic clothes...

i'm not saying that deacon will be an excellent characters like arthur becasue it's almost impossible, but we don't know anything about him yet, we can only judge his look and VA (and i love both)

(sorry for my english)

Yeah, I agree. I love Deacon's look and voice too.

Your English is great. Don't worry about it.

Oct 25, 2017
It's heavily inferred in the first trailer for the game that the wife is dead right? Or maybe she's just gone? He says something to the effect of what he misses most is her and how she made him feel or am I misremembering.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
It's heavily inferred in the first trailer for the game that the wife is dead right? Or maybe she's just gone? He says something to the effect of what he misses most is her and how she made him feel or am I misremembering.
yeah something like that, he miss her the most obviously, but we don't know the details of her dead yet.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

(sorry for my english)
your english is fine by the way, I have responded to you before in teh past you're good bro.

Totally i dont want to derail the topic with this I mean generic look as in white male darkk hair etc. meaning more diversity in the game with adding main protags with different backgrounds, colour of skin etc. Deacons design is nice by the way, I hope his character development is good as well

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
you're entitled to feel that way, but i've only ever posted in a days gone thread twice before, once to say that the gunplay looked bad (but that was based on the old trailers, not the new ones, and many people were saying that) and another time to say how awesome it was that sony didn't want to shoehorn a multiplayer mode into the game and how i appreciate their dedication to single player games. i don't make it my job to shit post in days gone threads. it's just that sometimes people are completely intolerant to anything except positivity and view it as shit posting.
Oh yeah, you did admit that you didn't know anything about guns and then proceeded to say the gunplay looked bad even though it was very realistic for the type of weapon Deacon was shooting.

Lmao that was great insight from you. We're all better for it.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Oh yeah, you did admit that you didn't know anything about guns and then proceeded to say the gunplay looked bad even though it was very realistic for the type of weapon Deacon was shooting.

Lmao that was great insight from you. We're all better for it.

Yeah, gunplay will be very good imo.

Maybe I am wrong but I believe Bend devs have a lot knowledge about weapons.
And they will try to make them realistic.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely was feeling like there wasn't enough fridged wife stories in male focused video games. Glad we're getting another one of those. /s

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
That's true, it must seemed heavily implied to me she's dead, but we really don't know.
the protagonist is pretty sure that is wife is dead, he mention his "dead wife" a couple of times in the gameplay trailer also he briefly discuss the fact with his friend during the same gameplay trailer.

but we don't know if she is 100% actually dead dead.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot that Days Gone was a name for a different game and I thought that the title said, "Sora and Deacon invite you to their wedding."

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
the protagonist is pretty sure that is wife is dead, he mention his "dead wife" a couple of times in the gameplay trailer also he briefly discuss the fact with his friend during the same gameplay trailer.

but we don't know if she is 100% actually dead dead.
Sure he said that but he said keep going to a refugee camp to look for her.

Last edited:

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Sure he said that but he said keep goign to a refugee camp to look for her.
damn my english is not that good, can you translate exactly what he says? they have the encounter with the freakers and deacon freaks out (pun intended), and then boozer start to talk about how deacon is always mad like that when he go somewhere and that is the point where i don't understand what he say...i hear something about a chopper...

smash_robot

Oct 27, 2017
This impression this game gives is getting better and better for me. I wasn't interested on the first reveal, but now I'm pretty close to pre-ordering it.

I'm not sure what the problem is with revenge or dead spouse plot points is. So-called "clever" plots never make for a good anything. Execution is all that matters - John Wick has a dead wife and wants revenge for his dead dog and that film is bloody great.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Can you name 5? I don't really remember the last time AAA game did this
We literally have a thread about it's prevalence in the medium. Like many sexist tropes in video games it's not something in isolation that's inherently bad but the prevalence. Like, it says so much about the medium that a hypothetical game featuring a male protagonist who's already married and has a wife who's prevalent in the plot and not heavily sidelined would be an outlier.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
damn my english is not that good, can you translate exactly what he says? they have the encounter with the freakers and deacon freaks out (pun intended), and then boozer start to talk about how deacon is always mad like that when he go somewhere and that is the point where i don't understand what he say...i hear something about a chopper...
I have no idea lol that part is hard to hear for everyone .We knwo she went up in a chopper and I guess it went down somehow not sure if he seen this himself or what.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
We literally have a thread about it's prevalence in the medium. Like many sexist tropes in video games it's not something in isolation that's inherently bad but the prevalence. Like, it says so much about the medium that a hypothetical game featuring a male protagonist who's already married and has a wife who's prevalent in the plot and not heavily sidelined would be an outlier.

Do we know if she's dead and or plays an important role in this story?

Status
Not open for further replies.